MumtazG38

I(US citizen) Got married in Pakistan and need to know how to bring my spouse to the U.S.

59 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
The only person who will do this would be the friend of mine, he is my husbands distant relative also so he would be delighted to be the sponsor or write an affidavit of support.

Im sorry i have nothing to add about the AOS, but I would be prepared to have this scrutinized during the interview at the consulate.

Whats the AOS?

Affidavit of Support. I think you had all of those questions answered and got some very good feedback.

The "this" I was referring to was the statement I bolded.

Prepare your husband to answer if the cousin was looking for a USC for him to marry...just in case they ask. just my two cents...I would just like to cover all bases, if I was you. Did your friend introduce you to your hubby? they may ask that question also.

Good Luck on your journey, and yes...you will find helpful people here and you arent alone :)

Oh, thanx for telling me. Yeah I already pretty much prepared him for that. I know that the interview is always a pain and the interviewers are always looking for as much as they can. Added to that the fact that my husband is a Pakistani Male....I believe he's under AP anyways.

Oh and no, my friend didn't introduce us. But thanx for asking. I think we're pretty much ready for the interview part....it's the whole long wait and the rest of the procedures that are what worry us. lol.

USCIS *CR-1*

Service Center : California Service Center

02-17-09 : I-130 Sent

02-18-09 : Received

02-24-09 : NOA1

02-27-09 : NOA1 HC

03-16-09 : NOA2

NVC

04-08-09 : C# Assigned

04-10-09 : DS-3032/AOS GEN

04-12-09 : DS-3032 emailed

04-21-09 : DS-3032 accpt

04-21-09 : AOS PAID

04-21-09 : IV bill GEN

04-28-09 : IV bill PAID

05-11-09 : IV pkg sent(NVC)

05-13-09 : Delivered

05-15-09 : Review(RFE)

07-24-09 : AOS pkg sent to NVC

07-27-09 : Delivered

07-28-09 : Review (RFE)

08-12-09 : Review

08-18-09 : Sign in Failed

08-19-09 : case complete

09-01-09 : Interview Scheduled

Embassy

09-14-09 : Forward Case

09-15-09 : Medical

09-19-09 : Case Received

10-16-09 : Visa Interview

11-14-09 : V.I.H

11-27-09 : POE (JFK, NY) = 9m 10d^^

COMPLETE TIMELINE LOCATED HERE. CLICK ABOUT ME.

Ya Ali Madad!

7iQqm4.pngVRGfm4.png

94W4m4.pngCTWvm5.png

Timeline

Shouldn't this topic be moved under the IR1 / CR1 general discussion board? Since I'm not going to be going the K3 route anymore, maybe it would be better if we moved this topic where it belongs???

anyways,

One more question. After the initial 6 months (round-about) where I file my i130 then get my noa1 after 1-2 months, then 4-5 months later get my noa2, does anyone have an average/estimate of how long it should take from then on. I believe after the first process is completed (6 months, god I wish it were less) the case goes to the NVC right? How long does it normally take....and what "exactly" happens next with that? Generally.......add the 6 months for the filing and noa1 and noa2 to the whole thing.....how long would it take for my husband to get his visa and come here? Some people I've seen on this site haven't had to wait for more then 6 months total (pakistani male case, started last oct) and others took much longer. Any ideas on how long of a wait my husband and I should be expecting... :cry:

USCIS *CR-1*

NVC

Embassy

Ya Ali Madad!

7iQqm4.pngVRGfm4.png

94W4m4.pngCTWvm5.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Shouldn't this topic be moved under the IR1 / CR1 general discussion board? Since I'm not going to be going the K3 route anymore, maybe it would be better if we moved this topic where it belongs???

anyways,

One more question. After the initial 6 months (round-about) where I file my i130 then get my noa1 after 1-2 months, then 4-5 months later get my noa2, does anyone have an average/estimate of how long it should take from then on. I believe after the first process is completed (6 months, god I wish it were less) the case goes to the NVC right? How long does it normally take....and what "exactly" happens next with that? Generally.......add the 6 months for the filing and noa1 and noa2 to the whole thing.....how long would it take for my husband to get his visa and come here? Some people I've seen on this site haven't had to wait for more then 6 months total (pakistani male case, started last oct) and others took much longer. Any ideas on how long of a wait my husband and I should be expecting... :cry:

This is all explained in the guides. However, for a Paki male, add six weeks to six months after a successful interview for a period of additional administrative processing. (AP)

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Definitely do not get him a visitors visa... its a waste of time and that means his ONLY intention is to come here and VISIT and LEAVE. Do the k3 for spouse visa.

your husband will be denied a visitor visa as soon as she declares that he is married to a US Citizen/Permanent Resident. they will automatically assume that his intent would be to stay behind and adjust status. if he already has a visitor visa, he MAY be denied entry into the US.

so in short, visitor visa is not going to be an option for you.

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

6 weeks to 6 MONTHS!!! Dear god that's too long, what with the initial 6-months to a year the process would normally take. Adding maybe a month and a half would be okay I guess.....I'd live. But adding a whole nother 6 months....making it near a total of a year and a half to 2 years.....that might actually just kill me!!! Goodness, I can only pray it doesn't take that long for us, idk what we would do.

Edited by MumtazG38

USCIS *CR-1*

NVC

Embassy

Ya Ali Madad!

7iQqm4.pngVRGfm4.png

94W4m4.pngCTWvm5.png

Timeline
6 weeks to 6 MONTHS!!! Dear god that's too long, what with the initial 6-months to a year the process would normally take. Adding maybe a month and a half would be okay I guess.....I'd live. But adding a whole nother 6 months....making it near a total of a year and a half to 2 years.....that might actually just kill me!!! Goodness, I can only pray it doesn't take that long for us, idk what we would do.

Yes, you can pray but there's nothing you can do to impact the timeline of AP. Six months is not the outer limit on that but six weeks would be lightning fast. I've seen AP take nearly or even more than two years but nearly all are completed within a year.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

This is why I suggested in the other thread you travel to visit as often as possible. I realize this is not an option for all couples but if possible do it. By going there and maintaining your relationship you stay in control of your marriage and lives. I personally won't let the process control our lives ao I go as often as possible..

This is why I suggested in the other thread you travel to visit as often as possible. I realize this is not an option for all couples but if possible do it. By going there and maintaining your relationship you stay in control of your marriage and lives. I personally won't let the process control our lives ao I go as often as possible..

Due to several conditions that were out of my hands I had to get married to my husband quite a bit earlier then we had decided, not that I'm unhappy.....no! actually it has been wonderful and probably the best decision of my life...we are very happy :D but anyways.... :ot2: I'm sure this action has changed the process of immigrating him to the U.S to live with me quite a bit, since we were planning to just do the K1 and now that we are already married I believe it is the K3 that we will be applying for.

I have done quite a bit of asking around and mostly some good research of my own (thank you internet) and have found that all of the forms I will be needing can be downloaded, which I have already done, and filled out on your computer, then printed out signed and be mailed with the rest of the files,papers,records,and evidences. My main issue here is.....guidance. I am in the need of a bit of guidance in some areas seeing as I don't have a clue when it comes to certain situations. Details below:

Firstly, I live with my parents who are not very happy with my decision to marry my husband for their own personal reasons. I do not have a job and have completed my GED and am planning on starting college this new year. Therefor, my only source of income would be my parents, and also a friend of the family whom I manage a website for, we are almost like brother and sister and he has mostly taken care of my money needs since I was quite young. I read about the affidavits of support...which I believe are the same as a contract of sponsor/ship. Because of this I am quite confused on whether I will be able to apply for a visa for my husband. Seeing as I don't have a job, I may possibly have the option of a sponsor/affidavit of support. Which is where the problem arises. My parents will not, under any circumstances have any part of this, therefor they will not sign any sort of sponsorship contract/affidavit. The only person who will do this would be the friend of mine, he is my husbands distant relative also so he would be delighted to be the sponsor or write an affidavit of support. But, I do not know if this can be done. As I have read in several places that only someone living in the same household can sponsor someone for immigration/ make an affidavit of support in this case, either that or a boss or company that I work for I believe. If anyone could please shine some light on this subject I would be very grateful.

I am very desperate to bring my husband nearer to me, and ever since I've come back to the U.S it is all I have been thinking about. If anyone could please help me find a solution to the income issue I would be very relieved. My husband and I want to buy an apartment in New York near his relatives and the friend I was talking about helping us with the sponsor contract. He is going to give my husband a very nice paying job the moment he comes here to help us out and my husband also has a business of his own from which he can already afford to take care of himself and I very well....so I do not see where the problem arises....we will certainly not be needing any sort of well-fare or anything of the sort. I just hope there was some way I could prove the same thing in my petition so that I won't be declined first thing. :unsure:

Secondly, "Evidence of a Bonifide Marriage"...ok, well the list of suggestions given on the site are pretty precise........but the problem is that I hadn't had much of a long marriage, in fact it is quite short and my stay with him was for less than 3 months in total after the marriage. Before it I stayed with my fathers family for somewhere around 3 months or so. Making for a total 6 months stay.... :ot: . So, I didn't really have much time to....idk...buy property, or lease an apartment or something so I don't have proof of that. But, I do have pictures of him and myself together....of our traditional pakistani wedding photo session, I could also get a few affidavits of friends and family no problem......but I don't really know how an affidavit should be written? If anyone could please post an example affidavit that I could use as an outline....or even just some tips on what sort of information everyone should include when they write the affidavit's other then their own signatures?

Thirdly, whats the chance of my husband "getting" a visit visa to come and visit me in Detroit, MI? He is 21, technically a student and owns his own business in Pakistan and has never traveled outside of Pakistan since he was around 4-5....before that he lived In UAE (and was also born there). I just want to know if he could come on a visit or tourist visa...and what the chances are of him actually applying and "getting" one. What are the requirements, and what is the procedure like...and would it hurt our chances with the K3 visa? Also, just round-about how much would it cost? What would he need....and resources that anyone could point me to? I just want him to come here and stay for a month or two to see me and also so that he can meet his relatives too. If this isn't possible, or it might run the risk of hurting our chances with the visa then never mind it completely.....but I thought I'd just ask seeing as we both want it so badly.

and Lastly, I know that the fee for petitioning and filing the I-130 is $355.00, but I was wondering if that is the total fee....or the complete amount I should be sending with the documents. Are there any other fee's I should be including besides this? Like the fee for I-485?

What I am planning to include in/with my Petition:

1. I-130

2. G-325a

3. I-864

4. I-485 (Is there a fee???)

5. 2 wedding pictures of us together.

6. Sponsorship contract (hopefully)

7. 2-3 signed Affidavits (proof of bonifide marriage)

8. Check in the amount of $355.00

9. Cover letter listing everything included in the order it is placed, plus the contact information of petitioner and spouse.

10. 2 2x2 pictures of my spouse, in plastic bag and labeled.

11. Copy of both of our passports (biographical page as well as entry stamps)

12. Copy of both of our birth certificates.

13. Copy of spouses I-94(What is this????)

14. A copy of Marriage certificate.

hope I got everything...

....I hope I can be with my husband soon :crying: .

hey yar, i have the same family prob and havent been with my hubby for longer than three month. we didnt even have the wedding, all we had was the paperwork. but one good proof we have for our bona fide marriage is we have a baby. we got married in 14 dec 07 and then our baby was born on august 16 08....she was premmie...haha....

seeing your case i felt you are not alone. my fam has their own issues and i am totally alone. feel relieved that you got a sponsor, i still dont have that. but i already file the i-130 and i-129f...hopefully by the time it is approved i will get a sponsor...inshAllah...

my hubby still didnt seee our baby....he is missing her infant memories....

sooooooooooooooo mising him.....

Timeline

yeah....I just wish visiting was alot cheaper.lol.....what with me not having a job and my parents completely and totally unwilling to help, not that I expect them to, my husband basically ends paying for all the traveling...plus the entire visa process which adds up to ALOT. But..it's worth it, for sure.

USCIS *CR-1*

NVC

Embassy

Ya Ali Madad!

7iQqm4.pngVRGfm4.png

94W4m4.pngCTWvm5.png

Timeline

Congratulations on the new cutie pie(the baby...not the hubby ;))!:D. It's so sad that our husbands are so far from us.....inshallah you will be reunited soon. I will pray for you.

USCIS *CR-1*

NVC

Embassy

Ya Ali Madad!

7iQqm4.pngVRGfm4.png

94W4m4.pngCTWvm5.png

Timeline
yeah....I just wish visiting was alot cheaper.lol.....what with me not having a job and my parents completely and totally unwilling to help, not that I expect them to, my husband basically ends paying for all the traveling...plus the entire visa process which adds up to ALOT. But..it's worth it, for sure.

That the intending immigrant is paying for everything can be a big mark against your case. You getting a job would be critical in my view.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Well yes he will be paying for it, but he will be sending me the money to my bank account. Which I will be opening on monday....yes, I know I'm very unprepared...but I never really had the need for a job, bank account or any of these things before because I was just fresh out of highschool before I got married....I was planning on starting college and getting a part timer but that all just got put on hold once I went to paki for vacations....innocent vacation was all it was....but anyways....so yeha, he will be paying technically but it will still be coming from a bank account under my name...I hope that doesnt show up as a problem. Though I will not be showing/sending any sort of financial info of mine because well...I don't really have any, I hope that the fact that my joint sponsor will be providing all of the financial support docs/things would suffice as enough.

USCIS *CR-1*

NVC

Embassy

Ya Ali Madad!

7iQqm4.pngVRGfm4.png

94W4m4.pngCTWvm5.png

Timeline
Well yes he will be paying for it, but he will be sending me the money to my bank account. Which I will be opening on monday....yes, I know I'm very unprepared...but I never really had the need for a job, bank account or any of these things before because I was just fresh out of highschool before I got married....I was planning on starting college and getting a part timer but that all just got put on hold once I went to paki for vacations....innocent vacation was all it was....but anyways....so yeha, he will be paying technically but it will still be coming from a bank account under my name...I hope that doesnt show up as a problem. Though I will not be showing/sending any sort of financial info of mine because well...I don't really have any, I hope that the fact that my joint sponsor will be providing all of the financial support docs/things would suffice as enough.

Yes, it's a problem but that doesn't mean it can't be overcome. You will provide financial documents even if all the dollar amounts are zero. Him sending you money to pay the bills does not hide who's paying. You need to be prepared to overcome the assumption you're being used for a visa and that may well be difficult given ALL the circumstances.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

pushbrk:[/u

be prepared to overcome the assumption you're being used for a visa

and how would I do this. How could we prove everything is legitimate and that he is not using me for visa...would this question only come up during interview...?

USCIS *CR-1*

NVC

Embassy

Ya Ali Madad!

7iQqm4.pngVRGfm4.png

94W4m4.pngCTWvm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.