SY Afghanistan

Embassy response to my email

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Embassy's recent reply to my email about my spouse's case in AP for 26 months:

Dear Ms.-------

Thank you for contacting the Consular Section.  We understand how frustrating it must be to continue to hear the same thing from the Embassy.  But alas, there is no change in your husband’s case – it is still undergoing mandatory administrative processing.  We sympathize with your desire to be reunited with your husband.    Please know that as soon as we can proceed with his application, we will immediately notify both of you.

Sincerely,

Consular Section

Immigrant Visa Unit/ns

Edited by SY Afghanistan

That's just saying they want you to stop contacting them. Been there...done that.

They literally do not care how much your want to see your husband.  Just chill and wait for the answer. It could be tomorrow and it could be a year from now. I'm sure our president has put in place some very strict vetting procedures.  

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am so sorry that your husband has been in AP for so long with no end in sight.  It took 4 years total before my husband stepped foot on American soil and into my arms. I know first hand how heartbreaking a long AP can be. The email they sent you is a little more personal than the email you would have gotten from the embassy in Pakistan. I wish I could tell you what to do outside of taking them to court. 

Timeline

Thank you. Yes its very tough situation for us. thats so nice to hear that you are together after a long wait finally. Wish you good luck and  happy life together.

Yes this is the first time they sent me a personal email. Otherwise all these 2 years I got the automatic type of email they send to everyone In AP.

Edited by SY Afghanistan

Timeline
7 hours ago, carolynhotstuff said:

I am so sorry that your husband has been in AP for so long with no end in sight.  It took 4 years total before my husband stepped foot on American soil and into my arms. I know first hand how heartbreaking a long AP can be. The email they sent you is a little more personal than the email you would have gotten from the embassy in Pakistan. I wish I could tell you what to do outside of taking them to court. 

When your husband got the visa what was the process? Did they interview him again? Did you file rit of mandamus or just waited for the embassy to call you. If you share the story here I would really appreciate it.

Edited by SY Afghanistan

Timeline
7 hours ago, TNJ17 said:

Holy 26 months!?!??

Yes 2 years and 2 months and we dont know how many more months and years it will take.

Timeline
7 hours ago, LoveMyTico said:

That's just saying they want you to stop contacting them. Been there...done that.

They literally do not care how much your want to see your husband.  Just chill and wait for the answer. It could be tomorrow and it could be a year from now. I'm sure our president has put in place some very strict vetting procedures.  

Yes true. They really dont care at all.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Timeline
On January 22, 2018 at 1:20 PM, MZR said:

@SY Afghanistanany updates on your case?

No nothing at all! 

His case status was last updated in June 2017 and after that its hanging over there without any update and any response from the embassy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.