Marion

K1 interview Paris Embassy

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello,

I had my K1 interview about a week ago November 8th at the embassy in Paris. I was approved :-D the officer said it would take about 10 days for me to have my visa and passport (+ I paid for express shipping). 

It’s been more than a week and my status on CEAC is still « Administrative processing » and not « issued ». Why???

I am starting to get really anxious. I booked my flight for November 29th (I know you’re supposed to wait to have your visa in hand bla bla bla... the tickets are expensive I didn’t want to wait last minute and I thought 3 weeks would suffice). 

I emailed them but it takes them days to answer and I feel like they are just going to tell me to *beep* off... 

Anybody who could make me feel a little better? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Sooo I didn't get through a k1 visa yet with my passport but, all my other visa issues I learnt 1) please don't panic till the date they say come. They will reply in 3 business day I suppose and you most likely will get your visa before that.

when they said 10 days and you chose express, maybe that's included in their mind so instead of 2 weeks they said 10 days. 😊

I only wanted to write cause this is the positive side of me would think and I wanted you to have at least one more idea to think around.

my visas always arrived the last day they said.. so 🤞🤞🤞

Edited by Naes

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Naes said:

Sooo I didn't get through a k1 visa yet with my passport but, all my other visa issues I learnt 1) please don't panic till the date they say come. They will reply in 3 business day I suppose and you most likely will get your visa before that.

when they said 10 days and you chose express, maybe that's included in their mind so instead of 2 weeks they said 10 days. 😊

I only wanted to write cause this is the positive side of me would think and I wanted you to have at least one more idea to think around.

my visas always arrived the last day they said.. so 🤞🤞🤞

That’s really helpful... thank you so much for this 😍 I really hope I will get it soon. This is stressing me out so much... and this whole process was already so stressful to begin with! 

Also I met another French woman on this forum who went through this too a month ago and her visa was “issued” on CEAC tracker the day after her interview. That’s probably why I am so worried.. but I need to stay positive! There’s no reason why my visa would be delayed...

Edited by Marion

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Marion said:

That’s really helpful... thank you so much for this 😍 I really I will get it soon. This is stressing me out so much... and this whole process was already so stressful to begin with! 

Also I met another French woman on this forum who went through this too a month ago and her visa was “issued” on CEAC tracker the day after her interview. That’s probably why I am so worried.. but I need to stay positive! There’s no reason why my visa would be delayed! 

That is the spirit! 

These days everything is taking longer, and you came already this far. I know it won't really stop you from worrying. But do not panic and ruin your magic yet.

Wait 3 more days, then like any French lady would do, go and show your attitude with your confidence.

It just differs from case to case, or can even be they are doing in bulks! In japan German embassy was actually sending them when needed in bulks... 

Also! Even though it wasn't CEAC today they were doing maintenance in USCIS for example.. maybe there was something there too? who knows what these people are thinking.

right now you have nothing to worry about :) 

I'll worry with you if you want.. but I will just continuously create new theories for you to smile... 

Edit;  (I assumed youre the lady cause that's a cute nickname...hope you are the lady otherwise this will be embarrassing :D

Edited by Naes

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Naes said:

That is the spirit! 

These days everything is taking longer, and you came already this far. I know it won't really stop you from worrying. But do not panic and ruin your magic yet.

Wait 3 more days, then like any French lady would do, go and show your attitude with your confidence.

It just differs from case to case, or can even be they are doing in bulks! In japan German embassy was actually sending them when needed in bulks... 

Also! Even though it wasn't CEAC today they were doing maintenance in USCIS for example.. maybe there was something there too? who knows what these people are thinking.

right now you have nothing to worry about :) 

I'll worry with you if you want.. but I will just continuously create new theories for you to smile... 

Edit;  (I assumed youre the lady cause that's a cute nickname...hope you are the lady otherwise this will be embarrassing :D

Big L O L you are amazing! I am the lady :) you’re good hahaha

Thank you SO MUCH for your positivity.. I just checked CEAC and the status changed to “issued”.... YES!!!! We put positivity out in the world and bam! Thank you... 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Marion said:

Big L O L you are amazing! I am the lady :) you’re good hahaha

Thank you SO MUCH for your positivity.. I just checked CEAC and the status changed to “issued”.... YES!!!! We put positivity out in the world and bam! Thank you... 

Congratulations!!!! 

Next we're expecting a POE done post!!! 

And who knows maybe see you in California one day to laugh at this worry you had 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

I went to Paris interview in October 18, I let my passport there. The officer that interviewd me said 7-10 working days till process is concluded. Well today is the 16 of November and I still don’t even have an ceac status updated on the website. Getting to 4 weeks is kind of worrying, boring, upsetting, I don’t have a plane ticket bought but I have the wedding venue scheduled and set, some things already paid for guests from Europe with plane tickets bought and US guests confirmed too. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Naes said:

Congratulations!!!! 

Next we're expecting a POE done post!!! 

And who knows maybe see you in California one day to laugh at this worry you had 😊

Thank you :D

Can I do a POE post through my timeline like for the interview??? I will def do it :)

5 minutes ago, Humberto Afonso said:

I went to Paris interview in October 18, I let my passport there. The officer that interviewd me said 7-10 working days till process is concluded. Well today is the 16 of November and I still don’t even have an ceac status updated on the website. Getting to 4 weeks is kind of worrying, boring, upsetting, I don’t have a plane ticket bought but I have the wedding venue scheduled and set, some things already paid for guests from Europe with plane tickets bought and US guests confirmed too. 

Did you contact them...? This is crazy... it’s under Administrative processing???

Mine just changed into issued...

Edited by Marion

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Marion said:

Thank you :D

Can I do a POE post through my timeline like for the interview??? I will def do it :)

Did you contact them...? This is crazy... it’s under Administrative processing???

Mine just changed into issued...

No, it says No Status. I didn’t contact them yet because I was not worried with it since I’m still waiting for an approval request to quit my job (I’m police officer in Portugal) last time it says it was updated was September 13. Maybe I should contact them right?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Humberto Afonso said:

No, it says No Status. I didn’t contact them yet because I was not worried with it since I’m still waiting for an approval request to quit my job (I’m police officer in Portugal) last time it says it was updated was September 13. Maybe I should contact them right?

Mmmh yes you should definitely contact them... this sounds weird! And they told you you were approved right? 

Here is the contact form: https://fr.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-section-contact-form/

Timeline

One question, status check on the ceac status webpage. Should I check immigrant or non immigrant? Or both? You got an issued from which one?

Edited by Humberto Afonso
New question

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Humberto Afonso said:

One question, status check on the ceac status webpage. Should I check immigrant or non immigrant? Or both? You got an issued from which one?

Immigrant!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.