FrankSinatra

Bonafide proof only 4 months of marriage

27 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

We have our interview scheduled for next month and even if we have lots of pictures, call logs and letters to each other, the only financial proof we have is a joint bank account because we only been married 3 months, what else do you guys recomend us to bring?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

You should take evidence that you live together!!! Call logs and letters are proof of relationship, not marriage. So you need to add utility bills, mobile phone bill if you have a family plan, lease, photocopy of driver license showing the same address, etc. 

We are  living in her parents house because I cant work yet and she doesnt make enough money,  so we dont have bills together, only a joint bank account, we have however letters, packages etc with my name, others with her name and others with both of our names under the same address, pictures with family and friends, but thats about it...

36 minutes ago, FrankSinatra said:

We are  living in her parents house because I cant work yet and she doesnt make enough money,  so we dont have bills together, only a joint bank account, we have however letters, packages etc with my name, others with her name and others with both of our names under the same address, pictures with family and friends, but thats about it...

Have her parents write a short letter saying you are living with them and the date on which you started living there. They should sign it.

Look for other threads of people in the same situation. I remember a lot of people living with in laws. Some were fine, but others had problems, so you can look for information they took.

If your wife works then she can put you as her emergency contact at work, on her work insurance, etc. etc. You can take that with you too.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

Have her parents write a short letter saying you are living with them and the date on which you started living there. They should sign it.

Look for other threads of people in the same situation. I remember a lot of people living with in laws. Some were fine, but others had problems, so you can look for information they took.

If your wife works then she can put you as her emergency contact at work, on her work insurance, etc. etc. You can take that with you too.

I just hope they dont expect much financial proof in sucha short period of time

4 minutes ago, FrankSinatra said:

I just hope they dont expect much financial proof in sucha short period of time

No, I think you are fine with the join account as long as you have both used it. But I'd try to think of additional evidence to take like the insurance information, etc. If you have a mobile phone the address on that, or if it is a family plan even better (because both your numbers are under the same account). I'm sure you have extra stuff you could take that you are not realizing you could use.

They don't seem to care much for photos. 

Edited by Coco8

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

No, I think you are fine with the join account as long as you have both used it. But I'd try to think of additional evidence to take like the insurance information, etc. If you have a mobile phone the address on that, or if it is a family plan even better (because both your numbers are under the same account). I'm sure you have extra stuff you could take that you are not realizing you could use.

They don't seem to care much for photos. 

I still use my spanish phone number because it allows me to call on here so i cant even use that neither as a proof 

Just now, FrankSinatra said:

I still use my spanish phone number because it allows me to call on here so i cant even use that neither as a proof 

You should get a US phone number if you are planning to live in the US. If you get a family plan you are both in the same plan and there are benefits (lower cost). Some companies, like TMobile, you can add 10 dollars each month and talk for free to 1 country (like Spain).

Also, if you are having your interview already, why didn't you get the EAD to be able to work? That usually arrives before the interview.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

You should get a US phone number if you are planning to live in the US. If you get a family plan you are both in the same plan and there are benefits (lower cost). Some companies, like TMobile, you can add 10 dollars each month and talk for free to 1 country (like Spain).

Also, if you are having your interview already, why didn't you get the EAD to be able to work? That usually arrives before the interview.

My interview letter came before 70 days, I guess since we got the interview so fast they didnt send ead which kind of messed up the plans of getting financial stuff together 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

Wow, that is fast for an interview letter. 

Thats why we are so worried haha we had literally no time to get ready i couldnt get a job or anything before the interview so we are stressed out and worried about the no financial proof besides our joint bank account and tickets to  musseums and stuff

Filed: Other Timeline
6 hours ago, FrankSinatra said:

We have our interview scheduled for next month and even if we have lots of pictures, call logs and letters to each other, the only financial proof we have is a joint bank account because we only been married 3 months, what else do you guys recomend us to bring?

Hey FrankSinatra!

That is a super quick turn around, flipping 'eck! That being said, don't panic.

Remember the main reason USCIS have sent you an appointment for an interview. You have applied for AOS as you have married the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, right?

USCIS want to make sure your marital union is genuine. Be honest and real. If this is the case, you have nothing to worry about.

Yes, you need to be as prepared as possible. Take all the evidence you have for your relationship leading up to marriage and beyond. USCIS will be aware from the date of marriage to interview that you will not naturally have the same evidence as someone who has waited 6 months+ for an AOS interview.

Definitely get a US number, a contractual family package for both you and your spouse registered at your residence is a good idea.

Good luck and please do let us know how you get on! :).

Timeline
3 minutes ago, EvolvingOutLoud said:

Hey FrankSinatra!

That is a super quick turn around, flipping 'eck! That being said, don't panic.

Remember the main reason USCIS have sent you an appointment for an interview. You have applied for AOS as you have married the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, right?

USCIS want to make sure your marital union is genuine. Be honest and real. If this is the case, you have nothing to worry about.

Yes, you need to be as prepared as possible. Take all the evidence you have for your relationship leading up to marriage and beyond. USCIS will be aware from the date of marriage to interview that you will not naturally have the same evidence as someone who has waited 6 months+ for an AOS interview.

Definitely get a US number, a contractual family package for both you and your spouse registered at your residence is a good idea.

Good luck and please do let us know how you get on! :).

Thank you so much! Will make sure to get thephone plan! Should I bring a lot of pictures or just some?(we havr probably around 2000 haha)  

Thank you again! Will definetely keep you all updated!  :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, FrankSinatra said:

Joint bank account is a good and important evidence to show you and your spouse are financially attached together. 

But if you can, try to collect one or two more evidences, such as health, internet, or even gym account showing both your names and same address.

During my interview, I feel like the officer took a great importance to these joint names evidences, and collecting these joints accounts seems to be sort of "must step" of interview. So it is great to have joint bank statements in hands, and it can be even better to have more!:)

My personal experiences, only for references.

Good luck.

Timeline
28 minutes ago, LaughingBuddha said:

Joint bank account is a good and important evidence to show you and your spouse are financially attached together. 

But if you can, try to collect one or two more evidences, such as health, internet, or even gym account showing both your names and same address.

During my interview, I feel like the officer took a great importance to these joint names evidences, and collecting these joints accounts seems to be sort of "must step" of interview. So it is great to have joint bank statements in hands, and it can be even better to have more!:)

My personal experiences, only for references.

Good luck.

Thank you so much we will try to get a gym membership together or a phoneplan!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.