5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello,

So I have downloaded all the forms, sponsors found, husband put money aside for the process...

i would like to ask you lovely folks where to start. I know that about 4 forms are to be filed simultaneously, which are I-130, 485, the  one regarding work permit and also advance parole to leave the country if need be.  Are they all filed to the same department? And as far as medical examination is concerned did you guys schedule the appointment before you actually entertained filing all of the above forms? Or can the result of medical examination be filed at a later stage or alongside I-485?

if there is anyone of you patient enough to list the steps and write them here or link we with a post that explains it in detail I would be thrilled. 

Every good wish wish and hope to hear from you.

Michal

We'll do you one better. There are complete guides here for you to follow.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Yes, follow that link given. It was given to you before. Read the entire page.

Note that your are doing FOUR separate applications and each will have a bunch of evidence, documents, passport photos included. So keep in mind that a photocopy of your birth certificate for example may be in more than one of the four applications. Passport photos will be in each.

Mail the four applications all together in one envelope after making a photocopy of everything to keep for your records. Include on top: your payment and Form G-1145 which simply is a form that tells them you would like to be notified when the package is received by USCIS.

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative (American fills this out) Has a Fee.

--And all evidence. Read the form instructions

I-485 Adjustment of Status (Immigrant fills this out) Has a fee.

I-131 Application for Travel (Immigrant fills this out) Free.

I-765 Application for Employment Authhorization (Immigrant fills this out) Free.

Timeline
On 3/26/2017 at 0:56 PM, Wuozopo said:

Yes, follow that link given. It was given to you before. Read the entire page.

Note that your are doing FOUR separate applications and each will have a bunch of evidence, documents, passport photos included. So keep in mind that a photocopy of your birth certificate for example may be in more than one of the four applications. Passport photos will be in each.

Mail the four applications all together in one envelope after making a photocopy of everything to keep for your records. Include on top: your payment and Form G-1145 which simply is a form that tells them you would like to be notified when the package is received by USCIS.

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative (American fills this out) Has a Fee.

I-485 Adjustment of Status (Immigrant fills this out) Has a fee.

I-131 Application for Travel (Immigrant fills this out) Free.

I-765 Application for Employment Authhorization (Immigrant fills this out) Free.

Thank you very much for your help. Absolutely amazing step by step guidance.

Timeline
On 26/03/2017 at 11:25 AM, NuestraUnion said:

We'll do you one better. There are complete guides here for you to follow.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.