lukamari

Medical exam costs - Egypt

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi,

Wondering if anyone could assist with telling me the costs associated with their medical exam. I've read the costs listed on the US Embassy Cairo's information page on here and the costs posted on the embassy's website, but I also know things are no always posted correctly.

I know needed vaccinations will vary but approximate costs for ones anyone has had before for their exam would be helpful.

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

The cost list on the embassy website was correct for us. As for vaccines we only needed 2 of that long list.

When we did it, the exam happened one day and then the vaccines happened on a different day (3-4 days later). That way you know a little in advance how many vaccines are needed (and can know the costs for that part as well)

Timeline

Did the vaccinations have to be done on a different day? We're four hours from Cairo. Traveling back and forth is so tedious and a drain financially. Do you mind telling me which vaccinations you had to have done and how much they cost?

Timeline

We did the medical exam in Alexandria. That particular doctor did not give us much choice of when to schedule things. It had to be spread out for that office.

But there are other offices on the list. Cairo certainly has more choices.

I don't have the record of what shots - we had to give that to the embassy at the interview - they still have it.

Timeline

So glad I posted asking because that's where we are planning on doing it. I had no idea we'd have to do the vaccinations on another day. We're also about four hours from Alexandria, too. This is all such a pain. Thank you for the valuable information.

Timeline

I would call and ask. Maybe there's a doctor on the list that can do it in one day. I don't think there was any particular reason it was split between days other than that office didn't seem interested in making time for our appointment. I also recall there was a third date we had to go back to pick up the results.

But since we are local to Alexandria none of this was a huge issue for us.

There must be other people who live outside the cities. Hopefully you can do it all without a bunch of back and forth.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread is moved from the CR-1 Process forum to the Middle East/North Africa regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Here is the doctor info to make the medical exam in same day

Dr. Magda Ramzi Habib

Address: Anglo-American Hospital, El Borg St., Gezera, Cairo

Telephone numbers:

27356608 -0124711235

0124463734- 0187929929

Working hours:

Saturday through Thursday

10:00 a.m. 2:00 p.m.

About the price

380 vaccines

90 blood test

150 x-ray

My advice:-

1- call them to schedule an appointment and take a picture with white background size 3*4 six pictures.

2- come early with a white paper has these info on

A- both full name that in passport.

B- email address.

C- cellphone numbers.

D- both address.

All theses in the butten paper and on top the Egyptian husband passport photocopy on it.

And you will come back aftet a week to pick it up and do not open the package.

Wish this info help.

Peace.

Timeline

Sorry to not mention that

The easiest way to get there is

Metro --- giza direction---- Anwer el sadadt station and ask about the exit for the nile tower and go upstairs the walk forward and after this you will see Uturn in front and the Quisr al nile bridge with two lions before it go left and walk forward and then ask how to get to the nile tower anyone there will guide you then walk more forward you will find it by your left hand.

Wish really this help.

Peace.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thought I'd shed some more light in this process in Egypt. If there's somewhere better to post, please let me know.

The doctor in Alexandria that we went to, is I believe, the only one in Alexandria, Dr. Amr Maher. We went to his office and vaccinations were supposed to be given before his examination with the doctor but because he has a medical condition, the nurse (think she a nurse, anyway) gave it to him after the examination with the doctor.

We called a few days prior to the exam date and asked if we'd need to come back for vaccinations as we had heard rumors that's how it works at his office. The same woman who gave him his vaccination said of course on the same day they'd do the vaccinations. So, I'm not sure why you had to go back, @dillygoose

He only had the tetanus and diphtheria vaccination. It costs 110 LE. The exam cost 200 LE. The chest x-ray was 150 LE, and the syphilis blood test was 90 LE.

We went Sunday and he's already going back tomorrow, Wednesday, to pick up the results.

Timeline

There's another doctor in Alexandria and that is:

Dr. Salwa Mohamed Badawi

That's who we scheduled the appointments with and it requires multiple visits because that's how that particular Doctor could fit us in.

As I said before my fiancé lives in Alexandria so it wasn't a big deal to go to the doctors office a few times. We actually chose that doctor because the office is near where my fiancé lives. For us it worked out.

I understand people coming from a long distance would have different concerns. Hence I suggested it would be a good idea to make sure the doctor can do everything in one day if you're traveling many hours to get there.

Timeline

@dillygoose Really? My bad. I don't remember her being listed. Just wanted to share our experience. :D Yes, and I very much appreciated your insight into the doctors there! We used to live in Alexandria... Over a year, actually, but had to move to his city a couple months ago.

@Halalbrother thank you so much! It's Monday, bright and early at 7:30 AM!

Timeline

No worries. I'm glad it was smooth and easy!

I hope the rest goes well too. Best of luck with the interview.

I'm actually here in Egypt now with him for vacation.

If you can, try to keep your timeline updated. It helps to have some idea of the case process at the embassy. Those of us in AP are stuck in the unknown waiting game and the only way of having some idea of how long cases are taking to be completed is through the timelines.

Timeline

Ok. While I have you here, I'll ask you a question. Did your fiancé get a letter from the embassy about his interview date and instructions? My husband had yet to receive any letter from the embassy OR his NVC letter. I only have it because of the emailed version we printed. When and where do we do the fingerprints? At the interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.