MarkerOne

Proof or income for the I-134

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

I am self-employed and my tax return shows I make 35000 a year...I know this is enough for my fiance and her son totaling three or us...Just in case, can I add the Value of my business on the form, if yes, where do I add it, which line?

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

If you meet the minimum requirements based on income alone, no need to include assets in addition. Those would only be needed if you needed to make up the difference if you were short. You're self employed, just making sure you know the amount that USCIS will use is the amount after your business deductions not before, when determining eligibility.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

If you meet the minimum requirements based on income alone, no need to include assets in addition. Those would only be needed if you needed to make up the difference if you were short. You're self employed, just making sure you know the amount that USCIS will use is the amount after your business deductions not before, when determining eligibility.

Thanks AB, yes that is my net income. I just wanted the value of the business to be included so there would be no issues with the financial support.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Looks like you make enough without assets, so the business is not needed. I've not heard anyone using the value of a business as assets before, I'm not sure it's even allowed, hopefully someone else will chime in if you really want to know. Later when you have to fill out the I 864 affidavit of support , with a higher threshold, you still make enough without assets.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am self-employed and my tax return shows I make 35000 a year...I know this is enough for my fiance and her son totaling three or us...Just in case, can I add the Value of my business on the form, if yes, where do I add it, which line?

Thanks!

Embassy will go by GROSS income as stated on the 1040.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I am little confused and need some help.

I read on the US Embassy Islamabad that ‘’ Household size includes everyone living in the sponsor’s house, even if they are independent’’

My Fiancée has shown that she lives with her parents and they are 9 in total living in the same house, 7 sibling and parents.

Does she need meet 9 Household size US Poverty Threshold?

My fiancée is self-employed and is planning to go for co-sponsor to be on the safe side.

Which form (I-134 or I-186) does the co-sponsor needs to fill in and do they only need to make up for the shortfall?

AOS from K-1 visa

5/27/2016: Entered US on k-1 visa

6/01/2016: Married!

7/22/2016: I-485 & I-131 & I-765 sent to USCIS

8/1/2016: NOA via SMS & Email received

8/3/2016: NOA letters received

8/10/2016: Biometrics appointment letter received (scheduled for 26 August)

8/26/2016: Biometrics done at Alexandria, VA

9/19/2016: RFIE E-Notification Received

9/23/2016: RFIE Letter Received

10/27/2016: Responsed back to RFIE Letter

10/31/2016: USCIS received RFIE Letter

11/15/2016: Open Service Request on USCIS as EAD/AP was beyond regulatory time frame

11/15/2016: An hour later EAD/ AP approved, Status Changed to: New Card is being produced

11/22/2016: AP approval letter received in the mail

11/23/2016: EAD/ AP Combo Card in Hand, collected from mail box at 2pm.

12/07/2016: USCIS status updated to interview is scheduled for 01/09/2017.

12/10/2016: I-485 interview letter received in mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.