jaimelee

POE I-94 Typographical Error?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

Hello fellow VJers!

First off, I have changed the name of my husband below for his protection.

Has anyone had any experience with their fiancé entering the US on a K1 visa and then having issues with their first and middle name being placed in the "first (given) name" on the I-94 and then not "matching" according to the social security administration since on the I-94 they put the first and middle name in the "first (given) name" option?

What I mean is, my husband and I (fiancé at the time) went to the Social Security Administration 14 days after he entered into the US to get his social security card. The lady that helped us at the social security administration office had said that his names were placed incorrectly on the I-94 and that we needed to contact the DHS/CBP to get it changed but that she would put his names in how they had put it in in the I-94 so that he could get the social security card otherwise he would not be able to get it for 4 weeks (why 4 weeks I have no idea).

In the I-94 what had been placed in the First "given" name section was "Jonathan Benjamin" and the Last name/surname second had "Doe". However my husband's does have a first name and a middle name (separate not together) therefore, it should have been, First "given" name: Jonathan, Second "middle" name: Benjamin, Last name/surname: Doe. Is there a spot for a middle name on the electronic I-94 that is filled out at the port of entry?

I contacted the CBP office closest to where we live, applied for the change in name so that we could proceed properly to get his social security card updated with the correct placement of his names and they told me that there is nothing wrong with the I-94 and that it is correct. So now I don't know what to do because the CBP is not willing to change the I-94 and I highly doubt the social security administration is going to be willing to just willy nilly change his name to the correct thing after we've already been there twice. I am kind of stuck and don't really know what to do at this point, just file for AOS and hope that they put his names correctly in his permanent residency and EAD card?

Thanks for all of your help in advance.

(10.04.2014) AOS Package Sent

(10.08.2014) NOA-1 e-mail & text messages received
(10.14.2014) NOA-1 hard copy received in mail

(10.20.2014) Biometrics appointment notice received in mail

(10.29.2014) RFE received

(10.30.2014) Biometrics appointment

(11.03.2014) USCIS Local Office appointment

(11.13.2014) Sent RFE response

(12.19.2014) EAD/AP Approved, card being produced

(12.24.2014) EAD/AP Official approval notice received in mail

(12.29.2014) EAD/AP sent to address

(12.30.2014) EAD/AP received in the mail

(01.20.2015) Potential interview waiver notice received

Timeline

Admin, I realized just now that I might have put this in the wrong forum thread. I apologize if so, please move to wherever you feel is more appropriate if need be. Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Strange that the CBP insists the name was correctly entered.

You can file for the green card and EAD/AP in the correct name, and once he receives the EAD/AP, go back to the SSA and get the name changed to the correct one on his SSN.

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Social Security Numbers - topic about SSN~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Hi!I may be of no help but i got the same issue (first and middle name in one line) though i am a cr1.The lady at SSA showed me a printout of the error and the printout of the corrected name.Was given a letter that it may take up to four weeks before i can get my card because they need to verify it with dhs/uscis.8 business days later,I got my card in the mail with my complete name on it.So i figure,it was fixed by the lady.

Filed I-130 DCF: May 27, 2014 Here's what happened (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498046-filed-dcf-today-5-27-2014/ )

I-130 Approved on:June 4,2014

Interview July 18, 2014 (Approved) You can read this ( http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/506247-interview/ )

Got the Visa Packet!! July 23,2014

POE: SEATTLE July 28,2014

--------------------------------------------

GREEN CARD AND SSC STATUS

August 25,2014 Went to SSA to see what's going on with my SSC- SAVE has my middle name together with my first name.

August 28,2014 ELIS went from ACCEPTED TO OPTIMIZED IN PROCESS (INITIAL REVIEW)

September 2 Called local ssa and was told SSC was mailed/Elis says Green CARD production has begun

September 4,2014-received ssc

September 8,2014- green card mailed/closed on elis

September 9,2014- green card received yahooo!!

---------------------------------------------------------

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Mailed Packet: 4/29/2016

NOA1: 5/2/2016

Bio Appt: 6/1/2016

Approval:2/13/2017

Received 10 year green card:2/17/2017

Timeline

Strange that the CBP insists the name was correctly entered.

You can file for the green card and EAD/AP in the correct name, and once he receives the EAD/AP, go back to the SSA and get the name changed to the correct one on his SSN.

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Social Security Numbers - topic about SSN~

Hi!I may be of no help but i got the same issue (first and middle name in one line) though i am a cr1.The lady at SSA showed me a printout of the error and the printout of the corrected name.Was given a letter that it may take up to four weeks before i can get my card because they need to verify it with dhs/uscis.8 business days later,I got my card in the mail with my complete name on it.So i figure,it was fixed by the lady.

Thank you both. I really appreciate your help. I think we are going to do what you said KayDeeCee because I believe that is what the lady at the SSA had told me as well. As long as the AOS can be accepted with the social security number the way it is now I don't have a problem doing it that way.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.