Xkaret510

Additional Evidence I129F

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Yesterday I received an email from USCIS stating that they mailed a notice for addition evidence..

I just dont get it. I have been in Chile like 18 months living with my Fiancee... What more evidence do they need?

Is it because we are a same sex couple?

I was so hopeful that I was going to be able to go home soon...

I hope to get that notice soon so I can go home with my fiancee and we can start a family, even when we can not get married in my state

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing the reason until you receive the hardcopy of the RFE in the mail. Perhaps you could go over the copies of the application that you may have made and check if you both signed the letter of intent to marry. Or provided individually signed letters. If one of you hasn't signed, that's grounds for RFE. Or if you missed a signature somewhere... But more substantial RFE would be to provide further proof of having met - which in your case is not the case, I am sure, since you've been living together for a while.

Good luck, and I hope it;s something simple, which you can turn around quickly. On the bright side, an RFE usually means your approval is right round the corner after you provide the requested evidence.

12 May 2014: Mailed 129F packet to Dallas lockbox

21 May 2014: NOA1 from TSC

18 Sep 2014: NOA2

23 Sep 2014: Case sent to NVC

30 Sep 2014: NVC received + case number generated

06 Oct 2014: Left NVC

08 Oct 2014: Medical exam

09 Oct 2014: Case reached embassy in London

09 Oct 2014: DS-160 and Applicant Readiness form submitted

21 Oct 2014: Interview letter received

29 Oct 2014: Interview --> Approved!

07 Nov 2014: Visa in hand

08 Nov 2014: LHR --> BOS [Finally!!]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Maybe it is related to your intent to marry statement. If your USA address is in a state that has not legalized same sex marriage (such as FL), you need to say in your letter that you intend to get married in a state that does recognize same sex marriages.

I'm just speculating though, and going by what I've read on other posts in this forum. It could also be that you forgot to include a document.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It is pure speculation to comment on the substance of the RFE letter without the benefit of actually viewing the letter. When you receive the actual RFE letter, respond to it thoroughly and promptly.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just be patient and wait for the hard copy, then give them what they want and you will be back on track.

If you are not sure, post here and get advice before you act.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

Yesterday I received an email from USCIS stating that they mailed a notice for addition evidence..

I just dont get it. I have been in Chile like 18 months living with my Fiancee... What more evidence do they need?

Is it because we are a same sex couple?

I was so hopeful that I was going to be able to go home soon...

I hope to get that notice soon so I can go home with my fiancee and we can start a family, even when we can not get married in my state

You should wait for the hard copy to come ,it could be a minor thing such; as a missing signature ,photo size and that's it just wait for it and do not worry at least someone is working on your case.

I-129F sent:06/06/2014

Package Accepted:06/09/2014

NOA1(EMail & Text):06/12/2014

Hardcopy Received(Mail):06/14/2014

Service Request Submitted:10/30/2014

Alien Registration number changed:11/04/2014

NOA2(Email&Text):12/29/2014

NOA2(Hardcopy Received):12/26/2014

NVC Arrived:1/06/2015

NVC Left:1/21/2015

Sent to the Embassy:1/22/2015

Embassy Received:1/26/2015

Medical Date:01/30/2015

Interview Date :02/18/2015

Visa in Hand:3/11/2015

Marriage Date :04/06/215

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I finally got the letter from USCIS...

Since we are a same sex couple they want:

INTENT TO MARRY:

From the evidence, it is not clear where the petitioner and the beneficiary will wed. Therefore, please submit a statement indicating in which state the petitioner and the beneficiary intend to marry.

THAT WAS ALL!!!

Now My question is, Im in Chile Do i need to send an original statement signed by me and my Fiancee, one just sign by me.. separate statements??

Can we write, it and send by email to my mom so she can send it from the U.S sice they send an envelope or should we take the time to send the original--

Please help!!!! :clock::cry:

Timeline

I finally got the letter from USCIS...

Since we are a same sex couple they want:

INTENT TO MARRY:

From the evidence, it is not clear where the petitioner and the beneficiary will wed. Therefore, please submit a statement indicating in which state the petitioner and the beneficiary intend to marry.

THAT WAS ALL!!!

Now My question is, Im in Chile Do i need to send an original statement signed by me and my Fiancee, one just sign by me.. separate statements??

Can we write, it and send by email to my mom so she can send it from the U.S sice they send an envelope or should we take the time to send the original--

Please help!!!! :clock::cry:

Hi - You will need to send two different originally signed statements, one from you and one from your fiance. I don't think it matters if you send them straight from Chile, or send them to your mum and she sends them.

QUESTION: Did you include any "Intent to marry" statement at all in your original application? The reason I ask is, are they asking you another statement because you forgot to mention what state you will be marrying in? Or are they asking because you didn't send any statement the first time around? Please clarify -- We are a same-sex couple as well, and I am trying to understand if we will need to send another statement as well - because in our statement we did not mention what state we will be marrying in.

Timeline

Hi - You will need to send two different originally signed statements, one from you and one from your fiance. I don't think it matters if you send them straight from Chile, or send them to your mum and she sends them.

QUESTION: Did you include any "Intent to marry" statement at all in your original application? The reason I ask is, are they asking you another statement because you forgot to mention what state you will be marrying in? Or are they asking because you didn't send any statement the first time around? Please clarify -- We are a same-sex couple as well, and I am trying to understand if we will need to send another statement as well - because in our statement we did not mention what state we will be marrying in.

We both sent original Intent to Marry statements but I did not put in which state we were getting married. I was hoping to get married in Florida, but as of right now we can not so we will get married in L.a or New York.

If you are in the same conditions, make sure you put the state in the original statement. You will avoid the problem.

Timeline

We both sent original Intent to Marry statements but I did not put in which state we were getting married. I was hoping to get married in Florida, but as of right now we can not so we will get married in L.a or New York.

If you are in the same conditions, make sure you put the state in the original statement. You will avoid the problem.

I sent in my application in May. So I guess I'll just have to wait till I get the RFE and then reply with the new letter. This is heart-breaking, after such a long wait already.

Timeline

I sent in my application in May. So I guess I'll just have to wait till I get the RFE and then reply with the new letter. This is heart-breaking, after such a long wait already.

Tell me about it, I see everyone else getting approvals and Its heart breaking that we have to clarify in which state we plan to marry and give more details just because we are same sex couples and not all state are equal.

Timeline

Tell me about it, I see everyone else getting approvals and Its heart breaking that we have to clarify in which state we plan to marry and give more details just because we are same sex couples and not all state are equal.

Do you know if this happened to you guys because you live in Florida (because FL does not recognise gay marriage)? My partner lives in MA - and MA does recognise gay marriage. I thought it would be obvious that if he lives in MA we will get married in MA. Do you think it makes a difference whether the US citizen lives in a marriage-equality state?

Timeline

Do you know if this happened to you guys because you live in Florida (because FL does not recognise gay marriage)? My partner lives in MA - and MA does recognise gay marriage. I thought it would be obvious that if he lives in MA we will get married in MA. Do you think it makes a difference whether the US citizen lives in a marriage-equality state?

I really dont know, but if you do get an RFE, at least you would know that most possibly is for that reason.

Timeline

I really dont know, but if you do get an RFE, at least you would know that most possibly is for that reason.

I'm sorry for you guys. Try and send the damn letters quickly - the only good thing here is once they receive yoru response to the RFE, you usually get your NOA2 very soon after. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

My fiancé is waiting on an RFE notice as well and we sent all that is required I just hope ours is a minor issue. The good thing that gives me hope is that once they receive the additional evidence we will get a decision good luck to you both :)

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.