nanny

AOS interview canceled by USCIS!!!!

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Good day all,

I have a bit of bad news and wouldl ike to know if any of you guys here on VJ have experienced it. :help:

My wife and I filed her AOS application on 7/16/08, recieved her EAD and AP in September 2008. We recieved a NOA dated 10/27/2008 advising us that there is an interview set up for us on 12/18/2008 at 1:00pm. Up until here is all dandy. TODAY 11/17/08 we recieved another NOA from USCIS advising us as following:

" This is to advise you that, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have canceled the previously scheduled interview on Thursday, 12/18/2008 at 1:00pm for the above applicant. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. You will be notified of any future action taken on this case including any rescheduled interview information, under seperate notice"

Well, I have already asked my job to take off that day. My wife who has been staying home for the last four and a hallf years at home, because we could not file her papers until I becamse a citizen in June of this year, finally she got her work permit and found a job in this economy. She told the employer she will not accept the job offer if they will not let gher off on 12/18/08 for her green card interview which they agreed. Keep in mind the job has not started yet, she will start training on 12/8/2008. In this economy, it is hard to find a job let alone having to accept a job and insist on taking off before even taking the job offer, and get away with it is incredible. Keep all this in mind and accept what USCIS is telling you (We regret any inconvenience this may cause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

My question for the VJ friends is: Did anyone go through similar situation? Scheduled for an interview and been canceled by USCIS (Due to unforseen circumstances)..... anyone has been rescheduled for another interview after being canceled?

Thank you in advance,

Filed: Timeline

I have the same problem too and is alo seeking answers as to Why?

:blush:

Good day all,

I have a bit of bad news and wouldl ike to know if any of you guys here on VJ have experienced it. :help:

My wife and I filed her AOS application on 7/16/08, recieved her EAD and AP in September 2008. We recieved a NOA dated 10/27/2008 advising us that there is an interview set up for us on 12/18/2008 at 1:00pm. Up until here is all dandy. TODAY 11/17/08 we recieved another NOA from USCIS advising us as following:

" This is to advise you that, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have canceled the previously scheduled interview on Thursday, 12/18/2008 at 1:00pm for the above applicant. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. You will be notified of any future action taken on this case including any rescheduled interview information, under seperate notice"

Well, I have already asked my job to take off that day. My wife who has been staying home for the last four and a hallf years at home, because we could not file her papers until I becamse a citizen in June of this year, finally she got her work permit and found a job in this economy. She told the employer she will not accept the job offer if they will not let gher off on 12/18/08 for her green card interview which they agreed. Keep in mind the job has not started yet, she will start training on 12/8/2008. In this economy, it is hard to find a job let alone having to accept a job and insist on taking off before even taking the job offer, and get away with it is incredible. Keep all this in mind and accept what USCIS is telling you (We regret any inconvenience this may cause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

My question for the VJ friends is: Did anyone go through similar situation? Scheduled for an interview and been canceled by USCIS (Due to unforseen circumstances)..... anyone has been rescheduled for another interview after being canceled?

Thank you in advance,

I would suggest you go to the interview no matter what. Even if you received a cancellation letter. It's happened before some couples received the aforementioned letter, didn't show up at the interview and shortly after that they received a notice stating their application had been denied.

Since you already have your time off approved might as well go there and see if they can see you.

Good luck with your journey!

Timeline:

12-16-07 Arrival in the US from Good Ol' Blighty

02-13-08 Got married in Los Angeles

02-22-08 Civil Surgeon Appointment

Adjustment of Status

02-29-08 Sent I-130, AOS, EAD, AP (Via FedEx) to Chicago

03-03-08 Package arrived in Chicago

03-07-08 All Cheques cashed!!

03-10-08 NOAs for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131 received

03-16-08 NOAs for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131 touched

03-27-08 Biometrics Appointment at 2pm (Notice date: 03.11.08)

04-30-08 Received EAD "card production ordered" & AP Approval notices from CRIS (YESSSS!!!!!)

05-06-08 I-765 touched and AP received in the mail!

05-08-08 Received I-765 "approval notice sent" e-mail from CRIS

05-09-08 EAD received in the mail (YIIPPEEYY!!!)

08-22-08 Notice of Action for initial interview received (10-08-08)

10-08-08 AOS Interview in Los Angeles: APPROVED!!!!

10-09-08 I-485 touched! (Card Production Ordered)

10-15-08 NOAs for I-130 (approval notice) and I-485 (welcome letter) received

10-22-08 Green Card finally arrived!!!

Removing of Conditions

07-14-10 Sent I-751 (Via USPS next day delivery) to California Service Center

07-22-10 Received NOA 1

07-30-10 Received NOA 2 (Biometrics appointment on 08-11-10)

08-31-10 NOA for Removal of Conditions approved

09-02-10 Approval letter received

09-03-10 Green Card arrived!!!

ePcwm7.png

.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I would suggest you go to the interview no matter what. Even if you received a cancellation letter. It's happened before some couples received the aforementioned letter, didn't show up at the interview and shortly after that they received a notice stating their application had been denied.

Since you already have your time off approved might as well go there and see if they can see you.

Good luck with your journey!

That would be exactly my advise unless you are notified of a new interview date before that time. Even then, I think I'd show up on the original date.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Thank you guys for your input.

I guess I will just show up but my fear is that what ifi they said that we have mailed you a letter of cancellation. What should be my response then?

I am mhoping they might send us another letter before then advising us of a new appointment date... which one of the responses suggests to keep the original date and show up then despite the reschedule appt date.

I am a bit confused and nervous, :bonk: If there is anyone out there who actually gone through this and what did they do and what was the outcome?

Please share your knowledge and once again thanks for all your help...

I guess I will just show up but my fear is that what ifi they said that we have mailed you a letter of cancellation. What should be my response then?

I am mhoping they might send us another letter before then advising us of a new appointment date... which one of the responses suggests to keep the original date and show up then despite the reschedule appt date.

I am a bit confused and nervous, :bonk: If there is anyone out there who actually gone through this and what did they do and what was the outcome?

Look at it this way...

Say you show up on the originally scheduled date and your appointment was indeed cancelled... Worst that can happen is that you apologize for being confused and you have to come back later. Inconvenient, but no great drama. But what happens if you don't show up on the originally scheduled date and they are still expecting you? A giant headache and possibly having to start over.

My advice? Go to the originally scheduled appointment and, if necessary, plead confusion. :blink:

Good luck,

- RightD

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi nanny!

I received the same notice today. Where were you supposed to be interviewed? Mine was supposed to be in TX so I am wondering if it is only in TX or all over the country.

Thanks!

Good day all,

Thank you in advance,

Hi nanny!

I received the same notice today. Where were you supposed to be interviewed? Mine was supposed to be in TX so I am wondering if it is only in TX or all over the country.

Thanks!

Good day all,

Thank you in advance,

I was scheduled for the DC local office. I guess it is all over the country noot just your place or mine.

Let me know if you get any updates or when you get a reschedule letter from them.

I am going to show up as scheduled originally and see what happens, in the mean time they might send a reschedule letter prior to the cancelled appt which was on 12/18/08.

Good luck

Look at it this way...

Say you show up on the originally scheduled date and your appointment was indeed cancelled... Worst that can happen is that you apologize for being confused and you have to come back later. Inconvenient, but no great drama. But what happens if you don't show up on the originally scheduled date and they are still expecting you? A giant headache and possibly having to start over.

My advice? Go to the originally scheduled appointment and, if necessary, plead confusion. :blink:

Good luck,

- RightD

Thank you RightD for your reply, I guess you are right and would hope it works. If not, then no harm done, right?

I will post any updates I have

Nanny

Yes, this has happened before, and please go to the interview originally scheduled. There has been cases where people didn't go because before that date they were given a new appointment, however, before they got to the newly scheduled appointment, they also got a letter saying because they didn't attend the (original) appointment, they were denied.

Just a hassle you don't need. No one knows why this happens...takes too much energy on trying to find out why, just do as people here suggest.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

The advice you are receiving is based on the past experience of others. Those who attended the originally scheduled interview were interviewed. Those who waited for new notifications of appointments were denied because they failed to attend the originally scheduled interview. It makes no sense but that's the experience people have reported.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Nanny and myself have the same problem and we are in different states TX and DC. What about you AnnLee? I just want to know if this issue is all over the US or just TX and DC.

Thanks

I have the same problem too and is alo seeking answers as to Why?

:blush:

Good day all,

Thank you in advance,

Filed: Timeline

I am in Orlando, Florida. I will go to my scheduled interview as recommended on the site.

The advice you are receiving is based on the past experience of others. Those who attended the originally scheduled interview were interviewed. Those who waited for new notifications of appointments were denied because they failed to attend the originally scheduled interview. It makes no sense but that's the experience people have reported.

Timeline
Nanny and myself have the same problem and we are in different states TX and DC. What about you AnnLee? I just want to know if this issue is all over the US or just TX and DC.

Thanks

Expect the same issue everywhere.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.