32 posts in this topic

On 1/30/2018 at 8:03 AM, mandy_786 said:

Received approval notice from USCIS today.

My J1 waiver timeline based on no objection,

• November 17, 2017 - Sent DS-3035 and other documents to DOS
  • December 21, 2017 - DOS sends Favorable Recommendation to USCIS
  • December 28, 2017 - I-612 case was received at USCIS lockbox
  • January 4, 2018 - Received Receipt Notice from USCIS in the mail
  • January 29, 2018 - Received approval notice from USCIS. Case status online is not yet updated.

Hi Mandy, I have similar timeline as yours.

Jan.3.2018— I-612 case was received at another USCIS office 

Jan.8.2018– I-797C at the mailbox 

nothing has happened since then, so I’m still waiting, a few of you already got your approval! I hope I got it soon! 

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

@greenvis_112 Is your case also based on no objection? I assume the DOS issued a favorable recommendation for your case. I have heard that no objection cases are quicker than the hardship waivers. I received the approval notice from USCIS, but I do not know why the online status of my case is still not yet updated. I hope you will receive your approval notice soon.

Edited by mandy_786

On 12/23/2017 at 11:05 AM, Coco8 said:

It varies a lot. I would give it a month because with the holidays, DOS will be working less days and so will USCIS. Check your mail every day. Make sure not to throw anything away. You will get a letter from DOS and also a NOA 1 from USCIS, then you will get the waiver from USCIS. 

I have a question about the final approval notice of J1 Waiver from USCIS, will it be sent using one of our self-addressed envelopes or USCIS will use their own envelope? When sending documents to DOS, we have provided 2 self-addressed envelopes, I have already received one of them from DOS for the Favorable recommendation.  

On 2/21/2018 at 7:44 AM, mandy_786 said:

@greenvis_112 Is your case also based on no objection? I assume the DOS issued a favorable recommendation for your case. I have heard that no objection cases are quicker than the hardship waivers. I received the approval notice from USCIS, but I do not know why the online status of my case is still not yet updated. I hope you will receive your approval notice soon.

@mandy_786 mine under Non Objection has been 29 days now since the case was accepted by the USCIS. Still have not received any approval notice.

1 hour ago, Lulu00 said:

I have a question about the final approval notice of J1 Waiver from USCIS, will it be sent using one of our self-addressed envelopes or USCIS will use their own envelope? When sending documents to DOS, we have provided 2 self-addressed envelopes, I have already received one of them from DOS for the Favorable recommendation.  

Mmm... No, I think I got mine on a different envelope. 

I found out it was approved when I checked online, before I received the envelope.

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2017 at 2:05 PM, Coco8 said:

It varies a lot. I would give it a month because with the holidays, DOS will be working less days and so will USCIS. Check your mail every day. Make sure not to throw anything away. You will get a letter from DOS and also a NOA 1 from USCIS, then you will get the waiver from USCIS. 

I applied for a j1 waiver based on hardship on 3/2017, and it is still pending on DOS since 10/17. what do you think? It's so long

Edited by Rachida43221

5 minutes ago, Rachida43221 said:

I applied for a j1 waiver based on hardship on 3/2017, and it is still pending on DOS since 10/17. what do you think? It's so long

You can e-mail them. They have a j1 waiver e-mail. 

Keep the e-mail short and be very clear what you want them to reply; otherwise, they won't answer.

Edited by Coco8

Dear All,

Finally, I received the I-797 today, my application started from 10/08/2017. Such a long wait.

Here is a simplified timeline:

Embassy Non-Objection Letter: 10/8/2017-12/20/2017

DOS: 10/08/2017 (online)-12/26/2017(mail out)-1/26/2018 (Favorable Recommendation sent)

USCIS: 2/5/2018 (I-797C)-4/5/2018(I-797)

Edited by Lulu00

Dear All,

Finally, I received the I-797 today, my application started from 10/08/2017. Such a long wait.

Here is a simplified timeline:

Embassy Non-Objection Letter: 10/8/2017-12/20/2017

DOS: 10/08/2017 (online)-12/26/2017(mail out)-1/26/2018 (Favorable Recommendation sent)

USCIS: 2/5/2018 (I-797C)-4/5/2018(I-797)

Edited 23 hours ago by Lulu00

Congratulation!!

My case is very similar to you and my timeline is like below list:

DOS: 1/26/2018 (Favorable Recommendation sent)

USCIS: 2/6/2018 (I-797C) Receipt Notice

But, I still need to wait for the further information. 

Dear Lulu00, Do you find out any status changed from USCIS website, could you share with me this information?

• 4 months later...
On 1/18/2018 at 5:49 PM, Klr said:

Thank you @mandy_786. The service center is in California. Mine was hardship waiver too.  It takes about a month for the USCIS to process the waiver after the DOS sends the recommendation. Yours should be almost ready too. Hang in there! 

Hi Klr.  I am filing a hardship waiver (based on my USC spouse and child) too which i sent in November 2017 and I didn't get any response until  yesterday when my lawyer informed me that USCIS is requesting for additional evidence. I'm yet to meet her to discuss the details. Any idea as to what kind of additional evidence they might be requesting? If I may add, my service center is California too. Was yours approved? Cuz I learned that hardship waivers are typically difficult to get.

On 2/8/2018 at 12:50 PM, Niia said:

Hi,

I applied for i-612 based on exceptional hardship in June 2017. Received RFE late November, sent the response 2 months ago. RFE response was received, since then nothing. Can someone tell me if you received a notification when USCIS forwarded the case to DOS? I had not sent an application to DOS yet, was waiting until and if USCIS forwards the application to them. 

Hi Niia,

Can you tell me what kind of additional evidence they requested; as I am in the same situation as you.

Thanks

On 8/24/2018 at 3:24 PM, Stylish said:

Hi Niia,

Can you tell me what kind of additional evidence they requested; as I am in the same situation as you.

Thanks

Mine is a hardship waiver, they requested a few docs that I had originally sent, which was weird, and asked me to create a monthly budget and send to them as well. That was all in December 2017. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.