juliap0000

N400 about information about your parents

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: South Korea
Timeline

On N400 form part 6 Information about your parents, if my mother became U.S. Citizen about 40 years ago, do I still need her A-number?

Because on the form it says "Mother's A-Number (if any)" and I don't know if she still remembers (or has) her A-Number.

Another question is for all the questions that do not apply to you, do you just leave them blank or write N/A?

For example, Part 11 asks you how many children I have and I put 0 because I'm single, never married, and in early 20s and have no children.

But was I supposed to write N/A? or is 0 okay?

Lastly, for Part 13 Applicant's statement, Certification and Signature, if I didn't get any help from interpreter or preparer, can I leave them blank or do I have to write N/A for every

single blank?

Thank you in advance!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

If one or both of your parents is a U.S. citizen, select “Yes” and complete Items A. - E. in Item Number 2. (mother’s citizenship) and Items A. - E. in Item Number 3. (father’s citizenship) in Part 6.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=n%20400%20instructions

answers to your questions are here in the instructions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Part 6. Information About Your Parents If neither one of your parents is a United States citizen, skip this part and go to Part 7. Citizenship of Parents. Complete Item Numbers 1., 2., and 3. in Part 6. Select “No” if your mother or father are not U.S. citizens and proceed to the next Item Number or Part as directed on the form. If one or both of your parents is a U.S. citizen, select “Yes” and complete Items A. - E. in Item Number 2. (mother’s citizenship) and Items A. - E. in Item Number 3. (father’s citizenship) in Part 6.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/612872-n400-about-information-about-your-parents/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

On N400 form part 6 Information about your parents, if my mother became U.S. Citizen about 40 years ago, do I still need her A-number?

Because on the form it says "Mother's A-Number (if any)" and I don't know if she still remembers (or has) her A-Number.

Another question is for all the questions that do not apply to you, do you just leave them blank or write N/A?

For example, Part 11 asks you how many children I have and I put 0 because I'm single, never married, and in early 20s and have no children.

But was I supposed to write N/A? or is 0 okay?

Lastly, for Part 13 Applicant's statement, Certification and Signature, if I didn't get any help from interpreter or preparer, can I leave them blank or do I have to write N/A for every

single blank?

Thank you in advance!

Correct me if Im wrong.

If you mother naturalized and became a citizen 40 years ago and you are in early 20s that means you should be a citizen already. You were born to a US citizen. I'm telling you that because if thats the case you won't get approved for naturalization.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.