RodDetroit

CSC 10 months and waiting

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

It has been 10 months since CSC received my package, NO RFE no interview, i submitted a a service request and they answered with an apology and i should recieve a Notification of action soon, we all know that soon may mean many things , I think one of the reasons why my cased has been delayed is because I changed address twice and only updated my latest address so i think that might be a red alert and i never explained why we had to move twice in 2 years and only updated my address for my last move , same town , same zip code different street.

Tomorrow I am flaying back to Europe for 11 days i will take my NOA letter with my and the email from USCIS answering my service request.

What do you guys think its going to be next? . I was thinking about applying for citizenship to push things.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We were at the 8-9 month length of time after paperwork submission. We got an RFE and that eventually changed the situation. We can understand your exasperation with the process.

However, we were making contingency plans and timeframes that included: at 8 months, contacting the USCIS Ombudsman (CISOMB) and elicited their assistance with CSC; at 9 months, making an Infopass appointment, in order to get a I-551 stamp in my families passports (the extension letter expires in a year); at 12 months, submit the Form N-400 paperwork, start the naturalization process (it would force them into processing the ROC).

We figured that the CISOMB may be able to get CSC into action, needed the stamp in the passports to continue working, etc. We had already accumulated a good share of the paperwork necessary for N-400 filing from prior immigration document chases.

In hindsight, we believe what helped us was enlisting the assistance of CISOMB. They assigned a case number and inquired as to the status of our ROC file. I also believe that the CSC folks didn't appreciate being queried by the CISOMB folks and that resulted in us getting an RFE. The timing of the ombudsman's involvement coincided so well with the issuance of the RFE by CSC. That was a pain in neck, but relatively easy to accomplish, another four pounds of paper "window-dressing" AKA marriage-bonafides evidence. In our RFE cover letter, we pleaded for either approval, interview, or denial, we were done with the CSC cat-n-mouse antics, and wanted to move on with our lives. We were approved without interview at around the 9-month mark.

YMMV,

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Applying for citizenship seems like a wise course of action. My wife applies for ROC in about 6 months so I appreciate these updates.

I hope you get a response soon, and avoid an interview, too. Good luck!

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.