nyheen

traditional marriage and Court marriage questions

6 posts in this topic

long story short, if someone does a traditional marriage like in nepal but not the court marriage with paper work etc,, will the usa see that only as a bona fide relationship or count as we married. since we dont have any marriage license and never done the court marriage. it no way of doing k3, and hope they don't tell me that i have to do k3 & denied at the interview. making me fly all the way back there to do a court marriage for the license or something. or am i over worrying to much?. we was already approved with noa 2. the interview will be coming soon. hope it works well.

also what kinda questions does they ask a kid in the interview? my son only like 5

sorry are you in K1 path or K3?

if you are in k1, according several post i have read here some times this ceremonies are seen like real wedding and have been denied.

Edited by inloveVEN

sorry are you in K1 path or K3?

if you are in k1, according several post i have read here some times this ceremonies are seen like real wedding and have been denied.

really? iam doing k1 but from what i was told, they said they dont recognize that as a wedding. maybe in other countries they do, what would i be able to do if that happens?. telling me i have to start all over. noa1-noa2 i-129? wait 5 more months?, that crazy

According to several post, this kind of ceremonies could result in denied into the path of K1. But for another path you need a oficially registered wedding.

in any case just go forward whith your case (did you include it in the folder as a bonafide ?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/331197-non-legal-religious-wedding-before-k1-visa/

really? iam doing k1 but from what i was told, they said they dont recognize that as a wedding. maybe in other countries they do, what would i be able to do if that happens?. telling me i have to start all over. noa1-noa2 i-129? wait 5 more months?, that crazy

Edited by inloveVEN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The problem with such a wedding is that the CO may see you as too married for the K1 fiance visa, but not married enough for the CR-1 spousal visa (forget the K3, it is obsolete). If you are far into the K1, ie close to interview, you may as well sit it out and hope for the best. But yes, there is a good chance you will be denied, need to marry legally and then go for the CR-1 visa, which takes about a year.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.