CelKranak

ReSchedule Interview for Sooner

35 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm not sure what to do and was hoping to get some help.

My wife's interview is scheduled for the second week in July. I called to see if we could get an earlier appointment and was told the there was one available. When I said I would take it she told me that since the NVC forwards our case file to the Embassy and was not there yet that my wife may be turned out by the Embassy at there discretion when showing up for the new date.

I told her that I tracked our case file through DHL and received notice that the Embassy received and signed for our case file. Afterwards which she still informed me that she could reschedule us but my wife could still be turned out by the Embassy at their discretion.

So should I reschedule and take a gamble, wait a few days and call again for a different agent or just keep our July date??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

My wife's interview is scheduled for the second week in July. I called to see if we could get an earlier appointment and was told the there was one available. When I said I would take it she told me that since the NVC forwards our case file to the Embassy and was not there yet that my wife may be turned out by the Embassy at there discretion when showing up for the new date.

I told her that I tracked our case file through DHL and received notice that the Embassy received and signed for our case file. Afterwards which she still informed me that she could reschedule us but my wife could still be turned out by the Embassy at their discretion.

So should I reschedule and take a gamble, wait a few days and call again for a different agent or just keep our July date??

When is the earlier appointment?

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

if it is june last week then grab it

My EB2 Visa Journey

USCIS Process:

Sent I-140: March 28 2016

USCIS (Nebraska) PD: March 28, 2016

RFE received: April 6, 2016

Responded to RFE: April 18, 2016

USCIS approval: April 28, 2016 (28 days approval)

Petition sent to NVC: May 13, 2016

-------------------------------------------------------

NVC Process:

NVC Received Petition: June 3, 2016

Case number and Invoice number Assigned: June 5, 2016

IV Fee Invoiced: June 8, 2016

Pay IV Fee : June 10, 2016

IV Fee appeared as PAID: June 13, 2016

DS-260 (IV application) completed: June 16, 2016

Sent civil documents: June 20, 2016

Scan date: June 22, 2016

Case complete: October 7, 2016

Interview date: November 16, 2016

VISA APPROVED. status changed to ISSUED :)

The new appointment is next week (June). I'm just worried of her statement that my wife could be turned out at their discretion...... Is this just a CYA/disclaimer statement that they have to say and I have nothing to worry about or should I not chance it?......

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

Did the embassy/NVC set the original

date of interview? If they did, just like with my father's case, she can still get to keep that original date despite scheduling for a different one...I was told that if they turn you down at the embassy , you can come back on the original date (which was assigned by NVC)..my father's visa is IR5, so it could be different for her, but most likely the same rule applies if hers is an immigrant visa as well...so pls reconfirm with the USEM call center

Edited by nayandtay

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

The new appointment is next week (June). I'm just worried of her statement that my wife could be turned out at their discretion...... Is this just a CYA/disclaimer statement that they have to say and I have nothing to worry about or should I not chance it?......

I know of a few other couples that wanted to do what you are asking, one was turned away by the CO told to come back on the date that NVC scheduled, the other was allowed to proceed, so it is very much like stated - at the discretion of the CO.

My opinion- you are out nothing to try ;)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

She is CR-1 so the NVC set the original interview date. I will call back and accept the new date and hope the CO lets her proceed.....

Thanks so much for the replies!!

Timeline

She is CR-1 so the NVC set the original interview date. I will call back and accept the new date and hope the CO lets her proceed.....

Thanks so much for the replies!!

btw can you give me the number you called and what reason you gave them?thanks.

My EB2 Visa Journey

USCIS Process:

NVC Process:

btw can you give me the number you called and what reason you gave them?thanks.

703-520-2235 it's a Virginia number for US callers.

You don't need one, I didn't give a reason nor did they ask....

Timeline

703-520-2235 it's a Virginia number for US callers.

You don't need one, I didn't give a reason nor did they ask....

thanks for the info.. is this also possible if I will call the USEM?

My EB2 Visa Journey

USCIS Process:

NVC Process:

Timeline

thanks for the info.. is this also possible if I will call the USEM?[/quote

If it is regarding appointment schedule, yes you will call USEM (US Embassy in Manila) call center....once your case is already in Manila it's best to correspond with them directly if you have questions.

Edited by nayandtay

Timeline

I see. like changing the sched date sooner..right?

My EB2 Visa Journey

USCIS Process:

NVC Process:

Timeline

I see. like changing the sched date sooner..right?

Yes, you can also sign up for the online scheduling once you have the case number from NVC and you will see available dates and time..some people cancel or reschedule, so just keep checking if the date/time you like is not available..ive seen some slots becomes available when it is closer.

Edited by nayandtay

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.