Sungtory

N-400 under 319(b) Timeline

14 posts in this topic

10/17/2015: Submitted my wife's application for N-400 to Nebraska Service Center (NSC) - btw, all filing as military/military spouse members must send app to NSC regardless of your residence.

10/29/2015: App received by NSC

Background: We've been married just over a year, thus, 319(b) allows us to apply under the expedited process. (Please note that expedite doesn't mean they'll process app faster...it just means you're are eligible to apply for naturalization without having to wait 3 years.

I'm anticipating 4-6 months but I wouldn't mind if we get lucky. :joy:

Anyone else?

• 3 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Hi

did you send your packet with fingerprint cards? I just read another thread where people sent fingerprint cards and no $85 biometrics fee (because they didn't have to)... and then their case got suspended due to insufficient payment of fees. crazy!

So what did you do? fingerprint cards and no $85? or what?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

You still have to pay the fee even if you do your own fingerprints.

It's a rip-off, but it's da' rulez.

I am the USC.

The member "Khaleesi" is my beautiful wife.

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I filed 03/21, received 03/23/, receipt date 03/30, fingerprint 04/18 but I did early walk-in 04/11. Called to expedite on 04/21, in-line for interview 04/22, got an email on 04/28 asking me if 05/05 would work for me and I said yes. They scheduled the interview right away and emailed me the interview letter. Oath is on 05/21. So exactly 2 months for me.

Timeline

A bit over 2 months since we filed for N400 under 319b (expedited naturalization) with fingerprint cards included. We haven't heard anything since the notice of receipt. Is this time frame normal?

No no no. I suggest calling the military helpline. It's either they returned your application or they sent you a letter of action and it got lost.

Timeline

I'm not military. I'm working for an American institute of research abroad, that's what qualifies my wife for 319b. So I can't call the military helpline. If I call USCIS customer service, I'm afraid they won't be very helpful. What other options do I have?

You can call the USCIS hotline and ask to talk to a tier 2. Tier 1 don't have access to that kind of information but they'll try to put in a service request and get you off the phone; politely decline and ask for tier2. Good luck! I know how stressful this process can be as my first application was returned and I had to resend it. It took me 3 weeks to get it back.

Timeline

Thanks again for your help. Unfortunately both me and my wife live abroad, so we can't ask for tier 2 and get a call back. THey don't call international numbers...

Oh I see. It looks like your only option is to email them. where did you send your application? You can email the lockbox LockboxSupport@uscis.dhs.gov to see if they processed your application or you can email USCIS directly

uscis.webmaster@uscis.dhs.gov. It might take a week for them to get back to you.

Filed: Timeline

Here's the message that I got. I hope the interview scheduling will happen soon. What do you think?

Your application has been received by the Washington Field Office and is currently awaiting review prior to scheduling of the interview. Once we have reviewed your information we will send you a list of dates for you to choose your interview.

Timeline

Here's the message that I got. I hope the interview scheduling will happen soon. What do you think?

Your application has been received by the Washington Field Office and is currently awaiting review prior to scheduling of the interview. Once we have reviewed your information we will send you a list of dates for you to choose your interview.

Yeah seems like you're in the background check stage. As soon as that's done your application will be "expedited" meaning you'll get priority dates for interview. Check your email often. Mine came through the email SEANATZRESCHEDULE@dhs.gov. SEA is for Seattle but yours will look something like that. You'll probably get a date by the end of the month. Good luck!

• 3 years later...

I just received my conditional green card days ago. My husband will be stationed out of the country. Can I apply for N400 right away?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.