ZoloStorm

Please help! Montreal Consulate Appointments Are Not Open!

157 posts in this topic

I think when the case status changes the second time( Ready, now you can schedule interview with Montreal consulate....) at the DOS website is when your case is logged in their system!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So far I've only seen one case of someone scheduling before they got packet 4. They did it without intent though and it was an accident, they never recieved packet 4 email, and where just going off the packet 4 pdf. Once they found out that there was an email involved (because some medicals ask for the packet 4 email at the appointment) they got in contact with the consulate and it was alright.

Again though, they did it innocently.

General warning though, is that if they see that you scheduled an appointment before they even logged their case, they could cancel your appointment.

Our case was received by Montreal on July 7th, but it wasn't LOGGED into their system until July 16th. If you're going to try to schedule an appointment, you may want to confirm that they have logged your case into the system first.

Mind you, I'm not entirely sure if you can even schedule the appointment without it being logged, but it wouldn't surprise me if you could.

Thanks Ash! I got the Packet 3 email from Montreal today, so I know my case is at least logged in their system. I will email them back once I get my Packet 4 and ask if my appointment is still valid. If not, oh well, I will book again. Worst thing that can happen is they cancel it (I hope!).

ROC Timeline

I-751 package sent------------------June 15, 2018

Received------------------------------June 18, 2018

NOA date-----------------------------June 28, 2018

Biometrics----------------------------June 12, 2019

Approved-----------------------------June 13, 2019

Care Received------------------------????

AOS Timeline

Spoiler

AOS/EAD/AP package sent------------------April 22, 2016

Received--------------------------------------April 25, 2016 [Day 0]

NOA date-------------------------------------April 29, 2016 [Day 4]

Service Request------------------------------May 27, 2016 [Day 32]

Biometrics Letter Received------------------June 11, 2016 [Day 47]

Biometrics Appointment---------------------June 24, 2016 [Day 60]

Service request for EAD/AP-----------------July 8, 2016 [Day 74]

AP approved----------------------------------July 16, 2016 [Day 82]

EAD card being produced--------------------July 16,2016 [Day 82]

EAD card mailed------------------------------July 21, 2016 [Day 87]

EAD/AP combo card received----------------July 25, 2016 [Day 91]

Interview Scheduled-------------------------August 2, 2016[Day 199]

Interview--------------------------------------September 2, 2016 (Approved)

Card received----------------------------------September 26, 2016

K1 Visa Timeline

Spoiler

107 days from I-129F to Approval

I-129F sent------------------Aug 31, 2015

NOA1 (E-notification)-------Sept 4, 2015

NOA2 (E-notification)-------Oct 1, 2015

NVC received-----------------Oct 27, 2015

Consulate received----------Oct 30, 2015

Interview---------------------Dec 15, 2015 - Approved!!

Visa Issued-------------------Dec 30, 2015

Visa Received----------------Jan 4, 2015

POE----------------------------Feb 17, 2016

Wedding----------------------April 9, 2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If you do not have an appointment yet, check now ( Thursday, Nov 5th at 9:20 am) because you have a lot of spots for January 2016! Good luck to all of you.

post-214446-0-41379900-1446733347_thumb.jpg

Edited by GuillaumeL

Timeline

I am applying for a K-1 Visa

I am trying to get an interview appointment with Montreal. I got my packet 4 on October 20th. paid fee for interview but everything is greyed out. Called and asked about this and they just said there are no interview times available.

our petition expires on December 31, 2015.

this is so frustrating and sad

Has anyone else got an interview time for 2016?

If anyone sees any available interviews please let me know :)

Thank you.

I am on a very similiar time frame as you. Just got my appointment today! for Jan 11th 2016, was the only date open when I logged in today. You have to check every day 100 times a day and keep checking this site too Be hopeful dont worry about your expire date they can fix that its no big deal.

Timeline

I am on a very similiar time frame as you. Just got my appointment today! for Jan 11th 2016, was the only date open when I logged in today. You have to check every day 100 times a day and keep checking this site too Be hopeful dont worry about your expire date they can fix that its no big deal.

That's Odd, i just logged in to double check and i still see majority of the January dates open.

Timeline

That's Odd, i just logged in to double check and i still see majority of the January dates open.

Very odd, I logged on only saw the 11th and now when I click to "change date" I see nothing. I was hoping for closer to Dec or even late dec (snce i had planned to be up there for Xmas.) but now with this date being Jan 11th it might throw those plans off, as Itd be a bit costly 2 trips so close together.

Timeline

Very odd, I logged on only saw the 11th and now when I click to "change date" I see nothing. I was hoping for closer to Dec or even late dec (snce i had planned to be up there for Xmas.) but now with this date being Jan 11th it might throw those plans off, as Itd be a bit costly 2 trips so close together.

I just logged in again, and i see January 7 and 8 still available with the rest of the calendar basically open as well. Theres none open in December but i saw one earlier this morning.. like December 11 open.. i think definitely keep checking back often.. maybe a December one can open up again. Also, try calling the consulate regarding the appointments how some of us still see an entire calendar month open verses you not seeing anything. Maybe they can help you reschedule to an earlier date if possible. I recommend just keep checking back as often as you can. Good luck!

Timeline

Also, the last day in December they seem to be scheduling K1 interviews for is December 18. So just keep that in mind as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As far as i checked today there is still December 16, 2015 that is open.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Best bet is to do your interview in Vancouver

EDIT:

One is now available for Dec 13th

Just checked for ya ;)

Edited by MASH

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Timeline

As far as i checked today there is still December 16, 2015 that is open.

Best bet is to do your interview in Vancouver

EDIT:

One is now available for Dec 13th

Just checked for ya ;)

I wonder if because I have 4 people that will be applying (k1 and k2) that I require 4 "spots" so if only one spot open I do not see it on the calendar? I still see all the dates empty. But thanks for the info !! It certainly helps me and others and If I see dates ill pass it a long as well.

Timeline

I wonder if because I have 4 people that will be applying (k1 and k2) that I require 4 "spots" so if only one spot open I do not see it on the calendar? I still see all the dates empty. But thanks for the info !! It certainly helps me and others and If I see dates ill pass it a long as well.

Dec 17 is still open right now. I think its been discussed earlier, that there tends to be a problem for some if theres more than 1 applicant. Did you try maybe Only applying as yourself and after the appointment was booked, adding the other applicants with the option "add applicant?"

Timeline

Dec 17 is still open right now. I think its been discussed earlier, that there tends to be a problem for some if theres more than 1 applicant. Did you try maybe Only applying as yourself and after the appointment was booked, adding the other applicants with the option "add applicant?"

I do see Dec 17th open now. We have Jan 11th setup now.

Dec 9th and 17th are open

Nov 2009..............Became friends on facebook

April 2012.............Met for the 1st time

June 2012............Started dating

May 8th 2015.......I-129f sent

May 12th 2015.....I-129f received

May 14th 2015.....NOA1 hard copy notice date

May 15th 2015.....NOA1 email/text received

July 8th 2015........NOA2 email received

Sep 9th 2015........Packet 3 received

Oct 10th 2015.......Packet 3 sent

Oct 16th 2015.......Packet 4 received

Jan 28th 2016......Medical

Feb 10th 2016......Interview (Missing financial papers need to be sent) in AP

Feb 1st 2017........Missing financial papers sent & delivered

Feb 6th 2017.......Consulate requested more documents (new medical, police certificate, etc (now expired))

Mar 7th 2017.......Medical (since the 2016 one expired)

Mar 14th 2017.....New documents requested sent & delivered

May 17th 2017....Interview passed (FINALLY OMG)

May 19th 2017....Passport with k1 Visa received

Aug 26th 2017.....POE

Sept 1st 2017....Wedding

Jan 26th 2018.....AOS, EAD, AP sent

Feb 2nd 2018......Rejection

Feb 9th 2018.......Rejection letter received

Feb 10th 2018.....AOS, EAD, AP sent

Feb 20th 2018......NOA date

Mar 8th 2018........Biometrics

Apr 26th 2018......Received interview notice

May 29th 2018.....Interview (Approved!!)

June 2nd 2018.....Notification that the green card has been shipped

June 3rd 2018........Approval letter received

June 8th 2018.......Green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.