arp

"Letter from Embassy" for Medical Exam?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all- a quick question. We've just scheduled our medical exam for next Friday (May 29th), having been told that the NVC sent our papers to the Embassy this past Monday. The confirmation email for the appointment states the usual items to bring (police certificate, photos, ID, vaccination records, questionnaire) AND "A Letter/Email from the embassy with your case number and the visa catergory confirmed."

We still haven't gotten our hardcopy NOA2 (electronic approval April 30) and obviously haven't received packet 3 from the Embassy yet, but we do have our hardcopy NOA1 and our case number, which we confirmed multiple times with the NVC. Has anyone ever had Knightsbridge Doctors ask for a letter/email from the embassy with the case number and visa category? Or is telling them the # and category enough?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Not a problem at all.

I had my medical the day after the case arrived in London. They don't ask for anything. Just take a note of your London case reference as you need to insert it on the forms.

In the extremely unlikely event they ask you for your letter (they won't) you can tell them you never received it in the mail. They have no way of knowing. They just need the LND number so that the embassy can match it to your file when it arrives there.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Hi all- a quick question. We've just scheduled our medical exam for next Friday (May 29th)

I've got mine that day too! :) God I hate medicals ha ha. And it's like pulling teeth trying to get my GP to give me my vaccines - apparently they assess you now and determine whether or not they want to give them to you based on where you are going! So looks like I'll be paying a bunch next week for vaccines. :crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I went on the 20th May and they did ask for the Embassy Letter. However, before I got my letter, I rang and asked them, and they said a print of the CEAC NVC status from the site was also acceptable. As it turned out my darling got the NVC confirmation letter, and I got my package 3 letter in the week we were waiting for the Medical.

Edited by Lauren and Kevin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.