s-luvs-k

All Japan Filers

1,867 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

No I never got reply, but I was able to reschedule it to more than a month earlier date.

If I remember correctly, it didn't take long to hear from back th embassy. I think it was only couples of days so you should hear from them back soon.

I'm already in the states now, and I hope you will get your visa soon.

Thank you for your reply!

I got a reply from the embassy today - they refused my request. :crying: They stated it was because it was not a humanitarian emergency.

California Service Center
Consulate: Tokyo Japan
2/20/2014: Got Married (Sendai, Japan)

USCIS
4/10/2014: I130 Sent
4/15/2014: NOA1; 5/5/14: NOA2
NVC
5/13/14: NVC Received Case
6/9/14: Case Number and IIN Assigned
6/15/14: DS-261 Available and Completed
6/17/14: AOS Fee Paid
6/23/14: AOS Package Sent
7/30/14: IV Fee Paid; 7/30/14: IV Package Sent
8/3/14: DS-260 Completed
8/21/14: Checklist for AOS (Response sent same day)
8/26/14 Medical
10/17/14: Case Complete (Checklist for sponsor, but am able to bring fixed AOS to interview)
11/3/14: Interview Scheduled; 11/6/14: Case status changed to "In Transit"
11/10/14: Case status changed to "Ready"; Sent request for earlier appointment date
11/14/14: Reply from embassy - denied request to change interview date; Sent direct appeal email
11/19/14: Received response email; Interview changed from 12/29 to 12/1!
12/1/14: Interview at Consulate (I forgot the medical results, ahhh! They allowed us to mail them in.)
12/11/14: Visa in hand & Immigrant Visa Fee paid
12/19/14: POE (Vancouver)

ROC
10/17/2016: I-751 Packet Sent; 10/19/2016: I-751 Packet Delivered
10/27/2016: I-797 NOA received, but last name was spelled incorrectly
11/30/2016: Called USCIS to have name corrected
12/5/2016: Still have not received Biometrics letter. Put in service request at USCIS.

12/9/2016: Received Biometrics letter.

12/21/2016: Biometrics - name had been correctly changed, and all the workers were courteous.

11/28/2017: Infopass appointment for I-551 stamp.

4/2/2018: RFE email notice; 4/6/2018: RFE letter received

4/9/2018: RFE response sent; 4/11/2018: Received at USCIS

4/27/2018: USCIS update - "New card is being produced"

5/12/2018: Green card received 

• 1 month later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello!

Does English translated "Koseki Tohon" have expiry date when using it in overseas? I grew up in Malaysia and will have to hand it in to US embassy after NOA2. I hear it has 3 months expiry after being issued in Japan. I'm just curious. I don't know when I will be doing this yet for now but if there is expiry to use in overseas, I'd like to be careful.

Many thanks! :)

07-26-2014: I-129 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox
08-11-2014: I-129 package returned for missing information (ouch!)
08-16-2014: I-129 package mailed back to Dallas Lockbox
08-19-2014: USPS confirmation I-129 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

08-21-2014: NOA1 notice via text message
08-29-2014: NOA1 Hard Copy
10-15-2014: RFE notice from USCIS website

10-20-2014: RFE letter received
10-31-2014: RFE replied
12-16-2014: RFE notice from USCIS website
12-31-2014: RFE replied
01-05-2014: RFE response received via USCIS website

01-22-2014: NOA2 via USCIS website
02-26-2015: Received Packet 3
03-12-2015: Sent Packet 3
03-20-2015: Received Packet 4
04-16-2015: Interview
04-22-2015: Received K1 Visa in passport

07-13-2015: POE Chicago, IL
10-03-2015: Married!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Where did she take her pics? There are foto me shops everywhere with white background for passport. She has to cut it according to size required (2"x2" or 50cm x 50 cm).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello Fellow Japan file-ers:
My (Japanese) Husband and I are just starting the process.
We are currently at the get everything ready for the I-130 level,
Can anyone tell me if the "Kon-in-Todoke Juri Shomeshou"
is proper proof of marriage?
We didn't change his honseki when we got married, so if we need anything more than this we have to go through his parents city hall on the other side of the country... -_-
Also, what are some of the Japanese forms you wish you had gotten early on?
And, have you ever made a bank account with both of your names on it? My husband seems to think it is impossible in Japan.
What were some of the sucessful things you used to provide proof of being in a real marriage?
よろしくお願いします!

Edited by TheSuzukis

Timeline

We didn't change his honseki when we got married, so if we need anything more than this we have to go through his parents city hall on the other side of the country... -_-

And, have you ever made a bank account with both of your names on it? My husband seems to think it is impossible in Japan.

What were some of the sucessful things you used to provide proof of being in a real marriage?

よろしくお願いします!

Hi The suzukis :)

>>>And, have you ever made a bank account with both of your names on it? 

> no this is not possible in japan, as in like join account right?

My husband and I tried to do it as well, but all the banks said no. Some of them said "Due to some security reasons" ......?? not too sure why.

As long as it's on your city record that you two lived under the same address, it usually works as a proof.

Hope this helps :)

Timeline

よろしくお願いします!

Timeline

婚姻届 is as much equal as marriage license. You will need to use 戸籍謄本 ( koseki touhon ) where your name and date of marriage appear in filing for his spousal visa. I have not heard any joint account for banks as well as for any utility bills in Japan. Your residence certificate will prove that you both live together. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Timeline

Thank you Ekka-san and Nebraska-san! (I'm from Iowa ;) )
My husband just did an "I told you so" dance becasue he was right about the bank account.
I'm sure as we start on the rest of the process I'll be back to ask more questions.

その時、よろしく!

:goofy:

Timeline

Nit-picky detail question: on the I-130 for my address I have my parents US address listed, but on the 325-A I have my current address listed, as it is where I currently live. Will that cause an issue?
I have on the 130 that our inteneded address is my parents place, so that part should be ok.
I'm just wondering if I should keep the 130 matching with the 325 for current addresses.

Timeline

Hi everyone, for those who have already been through the NVC process, I have a question about the police certificate. I've read that it's highly recommended to get all documents translated into English, but the department of state website says this:

Sealed Envelope: Japanese Police Certificates are issued in a sealed envelope. If the seal is broken, the certificate is considered invalid. Visa applicants should not open a sealed envelope containing a Police Certificate prior to submitting it to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate or the National Visa Center.

so, what have others done? Don't get it translated, leave it in the sealed envelope?

IR1/CR1 visa

4/17/15- 1-130 sent

4/23/15- NOA1

5/21/15- NOA2

6/05/15- NVC received case

6/18/15- received case number

7/06/15- completed DS-261 and paid AOS fee

7/23/15- AOS and IV packages sent

7/27/15- IV fee paid, document scan date

8/05/15- completed DS-260

8/15/15- CASE COMPLETE!!

9/28/15- interview at Tokyo embassy- APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.