IslAmy

Cairo folks waiting for interview

452 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Masri family!

I'm looking for other folks waiting for an interview in Cairo. I figure we can use this as a gathering place while we're being tortured with the wait.

Petitioner: U.S. Citizen living in U.S. Beneficiary: Egyptian Citizen living in Egypt Seychelles United States!

Visa type: CR-1

01-06-14 Married

03-21-14 Priority Date (Nebraska Service Center)

03-25-14 NOA1

08-26-14 Approved! 5 months, 5 days

09-04-14 shipped to NVC per USCIS website

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

01-30-15 Case Complete! 5 months at NVC with no checklists

03-25-15 Received Interview Letter, date is 05/14/15

05-14-15 Interview Result: APPROVED!

06-08-15 25 days later...CEAC finally shows READY

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

06-15-15 POE in Philadelphia

Total Time from Sending Petition to Visa in Hand: 14 months, 3 weeks

Currently in I-751 ROC and N-400 Citizenship processes.  See Timeline for Details.

Timeline

Here i am..i hope to be interviewed in march..i almost refresh my e-mail page every 1 hour in business days ???

I have wished for more transparency through this whole process. I wish they would tell us if we've missed out on March interviews or if they are even doing interviews in March. More than anything, it's the uncertainty that gets me.

Petitioner: U.S. Citizen living in U.S. Beneficiary: Egyptian Citizen living in Egypt Seychelles United States!

01-06-14 Married

03-25-14 NOA1

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

Currently in I-751 ROC and N-400 Citizenship processes.  See Timeline for Details.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm actually waiting for my Fiance' interview. We have sent the required documents to the embassy end of December,2014. Does anyone know how long more we have to wait till the interview?

Thanks

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Timeline

The embassy scheduling site seems to be down for 2 weeks now.....does anyone know which month they are currently scheduling interviews for now?

K-1 paper here, sent packet 3 in mid December....have not heard anything back yet :(

Timeline

The embassy scheduling site seems to be down for 2 weeks now.....does anyone know which month they are currently scheduling interviews for now?

K-1 paper here, sent packet 3 in mid December....have not heard anything back yet :(

Hi So_ma, I noticed the same thing about the scheduling page being down lately.

I asked my husband to try to call Cairo embassy tomorrow to see if anyone will tell him what month schedule they are on. I'll let everyone know if we find out anything.

Edited by IslAmy

01-06-14 Married

03-25-14 NOA1

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

Timeline

I Emailed them a week ago and they still scheduling for people who sent papers in November.

I Emailed them a week ago and they still scheduling for people who sent papers in November.

Timeline

Hi So_ma, I noticed the same thing about the scheduling page being down lately.

I asked my husband to try to call Cairo embassy tomorrow to see if anyone will tell him what month schedule they are on. I'll let everyone know if we find out anything.

He called Cairo Embassy today and they wouldn't tell him anything. Not if they were still scheduling, when the next scheduling starts, nothing. I guess they have a reputation to uphold of being unhelpful and uncommunicative. I called NVC last week and the lady I talked to didn't have any information.

01-06-14 Married

03-25-14 NOA1

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

Timeline

K1 here paper was sent nov 30th and still waiting

Hi..... I see that you got your packet 4 today and the interview is in only 4 days, is that right? They only gave you 4 days to prepare for the interview and medical?

Also, you mentioned that you sent your packet 3 on November 30th, do you know when they received it though? I'm trying to know if they have started scheduling for December already or not.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Timeline

Hi..... I see that you got your packet 4 today and the interview is in only 4 days, is that right? They only gave you 4 days to prepare for the interview and medical?

Also, you mentioned that you sent your packet 3 on November 30th, do you know when they received it though? I'm trying to know if they have started scheduling for December already or not.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Yeah as you can see they gave me only 4 days! not enough for anything and I'll have to send the medical results later after the interview through Aramex.

and yes I sent my papers through Aramex November 30th the status changed December 2nd so I think that was the date they received my papers, I'm not sure which month they working on right now but you can email them they usually response in 24 hours.

I hope that helps.

Timeline

I have received an email from the embassy counselor Mo (I guess he is the only person answering emails) that they are working on beginning of November papers. But I guess your papers were different or you just got lucky:)

I have started that case last year in January so i guess I'm the oldest here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

I have received an email from the embassy counselor Mo (I guess he is the only person answering emails) that they are working on beginning of November papers. But I guess your papers were different or you just got lucky:)

I have started that case last year in January so i guess I'm the oldest here!

Hmm. How do you know which counselor replies? I always get a semi-generic unsigned response! Which email address do you send your questions to? I use this one: ConsularCairoIV@state.gov

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.