mikezen

Manila Airport Flight/Departure Questions?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all,

My fiance has now been issued her visa and I booked the airline tickets through Cheap o Air .com for her and her daughter and I have two questions:

1. I see a lot of things online saying the airlines will want to see the actual credit card? Is this true if booked through 3rd party website as I will not be there? Anyone had any issues with this?

2. Can anyone tell me the exact amount of Airline departure fees needed for her and her three year old daughter?

Thank you all so much!

It is based on my experience. What I did is, I called the airline a week before my flight to confirm my flight and seat and asked them what else do I need to bring at the airport because I am not the one who paid for my ticket. They said to just print and bring my itinerary. So, I think she just need to call the airline. :)

I paid PHP550 for terminal fee and PHP1,620 for travel tax.

Philippine Travel Tax
For adult passengers, the travel tax is PHP1,620 (Business and Economy class) and PHP810 for children (2-11 years).

terminal fee?

Airport terminal fees are PHP550

I am not sure if you need to pay for another terminal fee for her three year old daughter.

Edited by Dan&Yvette

***K-1 Visa***

MAY 01, 2014: Met in person and got Engaged!
JULY 01, 2014: Sent I-129F Packet to Dallas Lockbox
JULY 04, 2014: Received via USPS Tracking
JULY 09, 2014: USCIS received the case - route to CSC - notified via email/text
JULY 10, 2014: NOA1 Hardcopy received and ARN changed
SEPTEMBER 26, 2014: Approved!!! (via USCIS site)...yipeee!!!! (80 days from NOA1)
OCTOBER 01, 2014: Got NOA2 Hardcopy
OCTOBER 15, 2014: Called NVC and got our MNL case # (19 days after approval)
OCTOBER 20, 2014: Paid the visa fee (BPI)
OCTOBER 22, 2014: Case status "In Transit". Completed and submitted DS-160 Form
OCTOBER 23, 2014: CEAC status "READY"
OCTOBER 30, 2014: Received NVC Letter thru mail (letter dated October 21st)
NOVEMBER 17, 2014: Medical (SLEC) - Result "Passed"
NOVEMBER 21, 2014: Received letter from US Embassy (Manila)
NOVEMBER 24, 2014: Interview - Result "Approved" :thumbs:
NOVEMBER 26, 2014: CEAC status "Administrative Processing"
NOVEMBER 28, 2014: CEAC status "ISSUED" :dance:
DECEMBER 02, 2014: Got text message from 2GO courier that my US Visa is ready to pick up :wow:
DECEMBER 06, 2014: Got my Visa. :dancing:
DECEMBER 15, 2014: CFO Seminar (didn't get my certificate and sticker - the counselor wanted to have copies of chat logs and I forgot to bring, huhuhu)
DECEMBER 19, 2014: Follow up seminar with CFO... Got my CFO certificate and seminar
DECEMBER 26, 2014: POE - San Francisco, CA (L) (L)
DECEMBER 30, 2014: Courthouse Wedding

JANUARY 15, 2015: Got my SS card (with my married name)

***AOS, EAD & AP***

MARCH 12, 2015: Sent AOS, EAD & AP packet via USPS (Express Mail)

MARCH 13, 2015: Packet delivered & signed (via USPS tracking)

MARCH 18, 2015: Receipt notice from USCIS (via text message and email)

MARCH 23, 2015: Received NOA's in mail

APRIL 04, 2015 : Received Biometrics Appointment Notice via mail

APRIL 14, 2015 : Biometrics (in Oakland)

APRIL 23, 2015 : Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

APRIL 29, 2015 : Received letter from USCIS for my initial interview

MAY 27, 2015 : EAD and AP is approved

MAY 29, 2015 : Interview.... APPROVED!!!

JUNE 04, 2015 : EAD/AP combo card received

JUNE 07, 2015 : GC received!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K1 Process & Procedures to Philippines regional forum.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It was quite difficult for me when booking my fiance flight over here. I tried to book direct through Emerits site but I could only book for her if her if she was the cardholder. Idk if its just for Philippine one way tickets. I had to go to Emerits local office (Washington DC.) Book her flight in person using my card and they made a note in their system that I showed them my card and they verified with my ID. So they said me or her wouldn't have to show the credit card used since i did that and they made note in their system. Crazy

10/25: Mailed my I-129F using USPS Express to Texas Lockbox

10/27: NOA 1 notification from USCIS

10/30: NOA 1 Hard copy received in the mail

12/15: NOA 2 Email/Text (49 Days)

12/17: USCIS Sent case to NVC

12/29: NVC Received Case

12/30: MNL# Assigned

1/6: USEM Received Case "Ready"

1/29: Interview :dancing: (APPROVED)

Just print the ticket..and send to your fiancee..my then fiance now husband booked and purchased my ticket..he just sent me the copy of itinerary..no issue

Timeline

Okay I was able to get ahold of Japan Airlines and they said since it was booked through cheapo air.com that it was fine and nothing more was needed. But then I got more bad news... apparently Narita Airport closes at night and she has a 15 hour layover.....they supply free hotel but she needs a transit visa for Japan.... if it's not one things it's another.. I tried rerouting and JAL said no seats available.... I am stressing out...I hope she can get Japan visa In time...

Hi all,

My fiance has now been issued her visa and I booked the airline tickets through Cheap o Air .com for her and her daughter and I have two questions:

1. I see a lot of things online saying the airlines will want to see the actual credit card? Is this true if booked through 3rd party website as I will not be there? Anyone had any issues with this?

2. Can anyone tell me the exact amount of Airline departure fees needed for her and her three year old daughter?

Thank you all so much!

Booked through delta.com, Delta requires a copy of the credit card and ID or you can present them at any Delta counter before the flight. Philippine Airlines through Kayak also required the copies. The Philippines has a high incident of credit card fraud and this is why many airlines have implemented these requirements.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Booked through delta.com, Delta requires a copy of the credit card and ID or you can present them at any Delta counter before the flight. Philippine Airlines through Kayak also required the copies. The Philippines has a high incident of credit card fraud and this is why many airlines have implemented these requirements.

I have flown numerous times in and out of Philippines via Delta, I have never been asked to see my Credit Card. My fiancé left with me in November on Delta and no credit card information was asked.....

I have flown numerous times in and out of Philippines via Delta, I have never been asked to see my Credit Card. My fiancé left with me in November on Delta and no credit card information was asked.....

When I am am the one flying I have not been asked to show my credit card either. Would not make sense to for me to make copies of my ID and CC when I have the originals. When I have purchased tickets for my fiancée and I am not traveling (credit card used for payment not in the name of the passenger), Delta and PAL have asked for the copies every time she flew. Other's may have no issues. Edited by sevenrider860

Timeline

Okay I was able to get ahold of Japan Airlines and they said since it was booked through cheapo air.com that it was fine and nothing more was needed. But then I got more bad news... apparently Narita Airport closes at night and she has a 15 hour layover.....they supply free hotel but she needs a transit visa for Japan.... if it's not one things it's another.. I tried rerouting and JAL said no seats available.... I am stressing out...I hope she can get Japan visa In time...

How do you get a Japanese visa in Manila for a layover?

Timeline

I haven't yet she is calling the Japanese embassy tomorrow to find out how but the airline said they would help get a shoRe pass

That's cool if the airline will help get a visa to exit the airport and come back in. That would allow for a nearby hotel stay. I think we are going to end up in the same situation this week as fiancée and I leave Manila.

Timeline

the airline was very clear to say that it's a gamble though and it's up to Japan immigration whether they give it to you or not I have read some horror stories online about it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.