limboptimistic

Please Help: Need Advice on Expedite NVC I-129F

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello VisaJourney Community,

I would like to thank anyone beforehand who comes forward to read this post. We would be especially grateful if anyone can help us in our situation.

We filed our I-129F back in middle of April 2014; felt optimistic as NOA1 arrived two days later. But things have gone downhill since. It sat in Texas for 4 months with no progress while petitions at CSC were being approved in 69 days on average. After 4 months in Texas it was transferred to California Processing Center, where after just over a month, an RFE was issued b/c USCIS didn't approve of a court-issued divorce decree.

California has had our response since 30 September--the same day it showed "RFE Response Review" on the USCIS website. I even put in an expedite request, which was acknowledged by an ISO officer when I called the 800 number.

My fianceé I have most of the details planned and even our flights purchased for our wedding 20 December, and I'm reading and hearing from ISO officer that NVC is experiencing a backlog and taking up to 60 days just to "look" at documents, not process them. :( I know some of you may think it's unwise to buy tickets and make plans without the visa in hand, but in my work, I have no choice. I'm doing a special project for the Dept of Defense in Central Asia, and I must submit my leave months in advance, as we have other personnel on the ground also submitting their leave requests. And we're only allotted a certain amount of leave per year. I cannot go back now and change any of that.

Can anyone tell us if it's even possible to expedite a case once it reaches NVC? I've read for serious emergencies, such as life and death scenarios, but there doesn't seem to be much on the process. An ISO last night admitted he doesn't know but offered their email. We thank you again for reading this, and are also grateful for anyone who might have experience with expediting with NVC.

Kind Regards

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They warn you not to make plans before having a visa in hand. Hopefully your deposits are refundable. If truly work for the DOD not just a contractor or aerospace firm AND your top management ( not immediate supervisor ) will certify that you getting married at another time will impact the government then there is a glimmer of hope. You know an approved K1 can take over a month to get from Ca to NVC?

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

They warn you not to make plans before having a visa in hand.

Indeed, they do. But they also expect you to have a job, as the beneficiary is considered your charge. And not all jobs allow employees to take extended vacations or a leave of absence to handle such matters. The mission here is critical and time sensitive.

You know an approved K1 can take over a month to get from Ca to NVC?

I've heard stories like this, but I've also known of cases where NVC receives the file within a few weeks before it's sent to the Consulate. What is the source of your information? I was told by a few members who have also processed in US Embassy in Kiev, Ukraine, that it takes about 6-8 weeks from NOA2 to having visa in hand.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have been around here forever, This is my second account and have watched California service center for a while. They seem to send packages in lots and if you miss the current one you have to wait until the next one ( not sure of the lot size but it is probably a pallet ) I also understand not being able to take vacation , I have barely finished the vacation I was supposed to use by the end of last year because of project schedule. Once your petition gets to NVC is depends on how quickly the individual embassy works and Kiev seems to be quick. Just hope things work out well and you get from Ca to NVC quickly

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

They seem to send packages in lots and if you miss the current one you have to wait until the next one ( not sure of the lot size but it is probably a pallet )

That could explain why it takes "up to 30 days" for NVC to receive a petition. Is there any way to find out from USCIS or CSC whether an approved petition has been mailed to NVC? I'm on hold with USCIS now hoping I can get that information. Perhaps my "expedite"--assuming it was granted since we never received an answer on that--will encourage them to submit it sooner. I don't know if it's a coincidence, but our petition was approved the same day a congressman's office inquired about our case. I don't know if they can improve our processing in these other stages; hope so.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.