05/24/14 Sent AOS package

05/26/14 Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

06/04/14 Txt msg & Email received

06/09/14 Received NOA1

06/26/14 Biometrics Done

07/07/14 Case moved to Testing&Interview

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

My wife sent i-130 with i-485 on 9th of May 2014, USCIS LockBox Chicago, as mentation in i-130 instruction and delivered on 12th of May 2014. We still has not received any confirmation that document has reached or processed. What to do to get confirmation that they received it or not. Still money has not been deducted from account. i called USCIS, they transfer to immigration officer(he said to wait for 45 days). I called 2nd time (they said I must received receipt no within 10 days). I am confused. Anyone have same problem or get receipt no within this time frame within this month. (May 2014)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Today my husband got his Learners License. I know it may not seem like a big deal.

But we've been to the DMV 4 times trying to get the license.

1st we didn't have the right paperwork (I-485 NOA)

2nd time I forgot the marriage license.

3rd time he didn't pass the test.

Finally, today after all the studying, he got the learners license (good for one year.)

So by the time he gets the EAD he can drive himself to work!!! :dancing::dancing: :joy: :dancing:

Edited by Yanet Gonzalez

Today my husband got his Learners License. I know it may not seem like a big deal.

Finally, today after all the studying, he got the learners license (good for one year.)

So by the time he gets the EAD he can drive himself to work!!! :dancing::dancing: :joy: :dancing:

Congrats)

05/19/14 Medical exam

06/09/14 Received NOA1

06/26/14 Biometrics Done

Oh awesome so the I-485 NOA is acceptable paperwork to show as proof you are legally present? Someone in the social security office told me I had to wait until I had my green card to change my name as my k1 is out of date now :P I will try that when I get my NOA!!

k1 journey <3 -

-30th oct 2013: sent I-129f package

-1st nov 2013: package arrived at lockbox

-6th nov 2013: received noa1 email/text

-8th nov 2013: alien registration number changed

-15th nov 2013: noa1 hard copy arrived

-19th nov 2013: noa2!!!!

-17th dec 2013: nvc receive

-23rd dec 2013: consulate receive

-15th jan 2014: medical done

-3rd feb 2014: found out interview date via email

-7th feb 2014: received interview letter

-14th feb 2014: interview APPROVED!!!!!! <3

-22nd feb 2014: visa in hand

-26th feb 2014: POE New York JFK

-26th feb 2014: together <333

K1 journey over! Next stop AOS! married! :D

AOS <3

-23rd may 2014 send paperwork with USPS

-26th may 2014 usps says delivered!

-2nd june 2014: NOA1 texts received

-4th june 2014: biometrics letter receive

-26th june 2014: biometrics appointment

-6th august 2014: EAD card production ordered!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

For what I have read, you can change your SSC name. The thing is apparently, because of our immigration status their system does not allow them to do it. So we have to wait until USCIS changes our names on the system (probably around the time you get your EAD). I don't know... it's kind of weird.

I do have a question... I haven't even started trying to get a drivers license. I got an International drivers license before I left, that is accepted here in the US and it's valid for 1 year. What I am puzzled about is the Learning License. Everyone who wants to get a drivers license here in the US for the first time has to go through the learning period? Or only if you have never had a license before? 0_o ... xD

Anyway,

Grats Yanet on your husband's license! :D

Naturalization Journey: 

- January 25th, 2019 - Filed N400 form online [Seattle,WA office]

- January 25th, 2019 - NOA1

- January 26th, 2019 - Priority Date

- February 2nd, 2019 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

- February 20th, 2019 - Biometrics appointment

- June 7th, 2019 - Case Transfered [somewhere] Estimated completition time Dec 2019 (4 months) 

** July 24th, 2019 - Checked websites Estimated completition time Aug 2019 [???] (1 month) 

- August 29th, 2019 - Interview Scheduled! [October 7th, 2019 in Portland, OR]

- October 7th, 2019 - Interview [Approved!] Scheduled for same day Oath which was later cancelled... 

- October 25th, 2019 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled 

- November 6th, 2019 - Oath Ceremony [in Portland, OR]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

For what I have read, you can change your SSC name. The thing is apparently, because of our immigration status their system does not allow them to do it. So we have to wait until USCIS changes our names on the system (probably around the time you get your EAD). I don't know... it's kind of weird.

I do have a question... I haven't even started trying to get a drivers license. I got an International drivers license before I left, that is accepted here in the US and it's valid for 1 year. What I am puzzled about is the Learning License. Everyone who wants to get a drivers license here in the US for the first time has to go through the learning period? Or only if you have never had a license before? 0_o ... xD

Anyway,

Thanks!

The only reason he's getting a Learns License is because he has never driven before.

If you already have a license in your country you only need to complete the 4 hours drug and alcohol class, pass the DMV test, and pass the vision test (In the state of Florida).

I'm not sure if you will need to pass the driving test. (maybe someone that already had an international license and has gone through the process can help with this part)

got the email and text message...yey! =)

5/20/2014 Concurrent filing: I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131 at Chicago Lockbox

5/29/2014 Checks encashed

6/02/2014 NOA 1

6/06/2014 Biometrics Early Walk-In

7/28/2014 NOA 2

8/15/2014 EAD/AP Combo Card Received

10/14/2015 Changed Address

12/14/2015 Interview

01/31/2016 GC

11/02/2016 I751 Package Sent

11/05/2016 Received in VT Service Center

did you sign up at uscis website to access your case?

5/20/2014 Concurrent filing: I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131 at Chicago Lockbox

5/29/2014 Checks encashed

6/02/2014 NOA 1

6/06/2014 Biometrics Early Walk-In

7/28/2014 NOA 2

8/15/2014 EAD/AP Combo Card Received

10/14/2015 Changed Address

12/14/2015 Interview

01/31/2016 GC

11/02/2016 I751 Package Sent

11/05/2016 Received in VT Service Center

How is biometrics appointment works?

05/19/14 Medical exam

06/09/14 Received NOA1

06/26/14 Biometrics Done

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Anyway,

Timeline

I don't know why y'all gotta go through all these.

With an f-1, after having my social security I had an Illinois drivers license but just one Written test and a road test. ..With 6 years validation

So if i bring NOA1 i can start learning how to drive?

05/19/14 Medical exam

06/09/14 Received NOA1

06/26/14 Biometrics Done

Timeline

Do you have a social security card?

If you do, all you need is to have 2 letters that proofs your address in order to take the written test, road test, and your diver's license would be issued to you with no problem.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.