jen_73

if you need expedited advance parole

10 posts in this topic

Hi just to let everyone know,

i went to local office with my information of why i needed expedited advance parole, waited for a while and got it same day. If anyone needs to leave country on advance parole and need it straight away i would book a infopass appointment at local office turn up and they will probably issue it to you, providing all information on there computers are up to date etc,

i had already applied for mine back in nov so i took my receipt with me,, only thing extra they ask is 2 more passport photos.

good luck

• 2 months later...
Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

i went to local office with my information of why i needed expedited advance parole, waited for a while and got it same day. If anyone needs to leave country on advance parole and need it straight away i would book a infopass appointment at local office turn up and they will probably issue it to you, providing all information on there computers are up to date etc,

i had already applied for mine back in nov so i took my receipt with me,, only thing extra they ask is 2 more passport photos.

good luck

That's great. Just wanted to ask you if you don't mind what was your emergency reason.? Mine's is that an ulcer burst in my mom's legs and she can barely walk. Which is why i want to visit her. Do you think this is a good enough reason for INS?

thanks

good luck

My emergeny was to leave country for my brothers wedding, so you will have no problems, but you will need to take evidence with you. ie doctors note etc. make a infopass appointment at your local office then take 2 passport pictures, you will get issued it same day.

Good luck

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

good luck

My emergeny was to leave country for my brothers wedding, so you will have no problems, but you will need to take evidence with you. ie doctors note etc. make a infopass appointment at your local office then take 2 passport pictures, you will get issued it same day.

Good luck

Thanks for the info. Hope you had a great time at the wedding!! One last question. Which INS office did you go to to expedite your advance parole. ?

good luck

Good luck

Thanks for the info. Hope you had a great time at the wedding!! One last question. Which INS office did you go to to expedite your advance parole. ?

New York, NY

Good luck

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you got lucky here. I've heard of people turned down for emergency AP because their mother "wasn't dead yet" or they wanted to go to a parent's funeral but couldn't provide a death certificate so were turned down. Usually a wedding is not considered a good enough reason to issue an emergency AP.

You got lucky in your case, but I don't want people to read your post and think that getting AP is going to be easy, because it might cause some people to think they can leave this sort of thing to the last minute.

If you have any reason to think you might need to travel while AOS is pending, file for AP well in advance.

Edited by dr_lha

• 3 years later...
Filed: Timeline

Just wanted to share my expreience: I went to the local USCIS office today and they issued me an emergency AP for 30 days.Reason for emergency AP - Mother sick Got a doctors note fot the same. Officer told me they can only issue emergency AP for 30 days. I also applied applied one through e-filing, still waiting for the same.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Nothing like the resurrection of a 3-year-old thread, si man!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 11 months later...

wow! this thread made me feel so good! i need an expedited AP too, i need to go back to my country to take the oath for new lawyers as well as to sign the roll of attorneys, i hope it's a good reason enough so i can get it! :)

• 2 years later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Good luck

Hi i know its years later but what evidence did you bring for your brothers wedding.I have the same reason and i have scheduled an infopass am just scared they might say no

event.png

Met my lovely prince charming in 2008luv.gifdancin5hr.gif

Best friends until may 2012(we started dating)

Got engaged in feb in vegasrose.gifheart.gif

9.9.2013 Married heart.gif

10.1.2013 Mailed AOS(i-131,i-130,i-765,i-485)

10.2.2013 Chicago lock box received and signed our package

10.6.2013 Checks cashed and account overdrawnrofl.gifoops8rh.gif

10.11.2013 Hard copies of NOA's received for all 4 forms without even receiving emails or texts although we filed G-1145

10.12.13 Biometrics appointment on 11/6/2013 Doing a walk in coz ain't nobody got time to wait one month idea9dv.gif

10.14.13 went to renew Drivers License with my NOA's.Got a permit.DL to be sent in mail within 30 days

10.15.13 Successful walk in biometric appointment

10.31.13 I485 Status changed to testing and interview while all the rest are still at initial review

11.27.13 (day 56) I-131 approved and on post decision activity while EAD is on card production #confused

12.06.13 the EAD/AP card combo arrived and was sent to my home country via DHL.I LEFT WITHOUT IT !!and i arrived in the US just fine dancin5hr.gif

01.27.14 Interview date in Oakland park,FL

02/10/14 Green Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.