angeldaemon13

I-130 November Filers

1,302 posts in this topic

Sorry for the double post, but it just occurred to me why this process is so infuriating. I think the process is much like road constructions. The orange barrels can be out there for months, delaying and backing up traffic inconveniencing everyone while no progress at all takes place. Then, miraculously, when the construction company is near their performance bonus deadline, 50 guys show up and they knock out a huge stretch of road in a matter of days. Totally infuriating as you knew they had the capability of getting the job done expeditiously with minimal impact to the community all along but they simply chose not to. As they had other more important priorities.

The way the USCIS can delay for weeks then blow through a huge volume of petitions in a short time indicates that they have the ability t get everyone approved expediently if they chose. f they could manage themselves to do so and if reuniting families was really a priority. Just like every other government agency out there, if these folks actually had to be efficient to stay in business they would be bankrupt.

/end rant

Sorry, for the venting....

Tried entering an e-request and tells me that my case is within processing times... this 30 day grace period is unbelievable... now I have to wait until early May to enter one or what?? :s

*** See timeline for further info :dancing:

Lifting Conditions Event Date CIS Office : California Service Center Date Filed : 2016-12-04 NOA Date : 2016-12-08

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Tried entering an e-request and tells me that my case is within processing times... this 30 day grace period is unbelievable... now I have to wait until early May to enter one or what?? :s

Exactly

I-130 Sent: 11 November 2013

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

I-30 Received at NVC: 11 June 2014 (11 days in transit)

NVC Case # Assigned: 27 June 2014 (15 days to case number assigned)

DS-261 Completed: 15 July 2014 (18 days to DS-261 available)

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 17 July 2014

AOS Fee Bill Shows "Paid": 22 July 2014

AOS Package Sent Out:23 July 2014

AOS Package Recieved: 28 July 2014

DS-260 Completed: ?

IV Fee Bill Paid: ?

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Or you could get approved before then :D

Married New York 09/27/13Filed I-130 11/23/13Noa1 11/27/13 VSCNoa2 05/23/14 Case received nvc 6/6/14Case # and IIN 6/27/14AOS and IV invoiced 7/12/14AOS and IV paid 7/14/14DS260 submitted 7/22/14Aos and IV scan date 08/14/14Case complete 10/06/14Medical 9/22/14<p>Interview 11/17/14

POE Philadelphia 12/2/14

Sorry for the double post, but it just occurred to me why this process is so infuriating. I think the process is much like road constructions. The orange barrels can be out there for months, delaying and backing up traffic inconveniencing everyone while no progress at all takes place. Then, miraculously, when the construction company is near their performance bonus deadline, 50 guys show up and they knock out a huge stretch of road in a matter of days. Totally infuriating as you knew they had the capability of getting the job done expeditiously with minimal impact to the community all along but they simply chose not to. As they had other more important priorities.

The way the USCIS can delay for weeks then blow through a huge volume of petitions in a short time indicates that they have the ability t get everyone approved expediently if they chose. f they could manage themselves to do so and if reuniting families was really a priority. Just like every other government agency out there, if these folks actually had to be efficient to stay in business they would be bankrupt.

/end rant

Sorry, for the venting....

Hold tight, nearly there x

Married New York 09/27/13Filed I-130 11/23/13Noa1 11/27/13 VSCNoa2 05/23/14 Case received nvc 6/6/14Case # and IIN 6/27/14AOS and IV invoiced 7/12/14AOS and IV paid 7/14/14DS260 submitted 7/22/14Aos and IV scan date 08/14/14Case complete 10/06/14Medical 9/22/14<p>Interview 11/17/14

POE Philadelphia 12/2/14

Or you could get approved before then :D

Oh yes please!!!!!

*** See timeline for further info :dancing:

Lifting Conditions Event Date CIS Office : California Service Center Date Filed : 2016-12-04 NOA Date : 2016-12-08

Aside from an expedite and a 10 month old file Texas hasn't approved anyone in over a week. And last week it wasn't more than a few. It's been 3 weeks over there in slow motion. Obviously the resources have been reallocated to more important tasks than assisting US citizens in reuniting with their loved ones. Texas appears to be stuck in September or early October now.

My wife doesn't complain but I see it in her face. The disappointment of waiting to start our life together. I've visited often during the last two years of our relationship but now I'm out of money, out of Skymiles, and dangerously close to getting into serious problems with my employer for taking time away to visit her.

I think its the constant start/stop thing with the USCIS. I can accept the slow, but there is no steady. And that makes it so much harder.

How have you determined that they are working on late September/early October? How have you determined that they have only approved a few petitions?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

How have you determined that they are working on late September/early October? How have you determined that they have only approved a few petitions?

We follow the September/October spreadsheet also and when people are approved it gets updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avyw59HrFr8VdHFlTFNKU3FMSHo1OW9OUnNTZVZreUE&usp=sharing#gid=4 70% approved from October so far.

Met Online - July, 2009
To see our full timeline see "Spolier"

USCIS
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Dublin, Ireland
Marriage : September, 12th 2012
I-130 Sent : November, 11th 2013
I-130 NOA1: November, 20th 2013
I-130 NOA2 : April, 28th 2014

NVC
Shipped to NVC: May 1st, 2014
Case Received: May 13th, 2014
Case Number Assigned: June 6th, 2014
AOS Bill Paid: June 22nd, 2014
AOS Packet sent Express: June 27th, 2014
AOS Packet Received and signed for by "NVISA*: June 30th, 2014
AOS Packet scanned into system: July 3rd, 2014
IV Bill invoiced and paid: August 7th, 2014
DS260 completed: August 8th, 2014
IV Packet sent Express: August 9th, 2014
ATTEMPTED DELIVERY UNITED STATES 16-Aug-14
11:58 NO ANSWER AT ADDRESS (tried to deliver on a saturday) :lol:

IV Packet Received and signed for by *NVISA CENTER*: August 18th, 2014
IV Packet scanned in: 19th August, 2014
AOS Checklist - August 21st, 2014 http://prntscr.com/4gsyod click link to see the checklist
Fixed AOS (I-864a) Sent to NVC - September 8th, 2014
Fixed AOS Received and signed for by *NVISA CENTER*: September 15th, 2014

CASE COMPLETE - 20th October 2014
Medical Scheduled: November 12th
Interview December 23rd (called October 30th)

Interview Changed to December 8th! (Embassy called me!!)

Interview Result: APRROVED! :dance:

Visa in hand: December 11th!

event.png event.png

Teacup pretty much explained it. Watching the September and October spreadsheets gives a good picture where each office is at. Another tool is to sort the IR1/CR1 timeline stats page by NAO2 date and review which offices are doing the current approving and what the dates of the associated NOA1s are.

Welp I just talked to the discourage misinformation line. They said that every center is at around 6-8 months and the 5 months is just an average. Then he said (and this is a new one!) that after approval we still have another 6-8 for nvc and interview etc. ......!!?? I KNOW this is all bullshit.. But come ON. How can they say that? Nvc is usually around 50-60 DAYS max. Espec for 2014, which we can see on saylins nvc spread sheet. And we KNOW October is being processed, at Nebraska they're on late October and have even done 2 novembers.

Why do they want to discourage us so much?? Has anyone else gotten this load of BS from them lately?

I was so hopeful, but now I'm just deflated again. Our Noa1 was nov 15. So were over the 5 months.

He put in some kind of request for info on my case, not sure if it was a service request exactly but I figured any kind of attention to my case would be better than none and he offered it.

He also said that I needed to give him a US address cuz they don't send things abroad... Which is funny cuz they sent our noa1 here to australia without problems.. I heard they've told people that before. Just more BS...

Any comments?? Any similar recent experiences??

Timeline

Welp I just talked to the discourage misinformation line. They said that every center is at around 6-8 months and the 5 months is just an average. Then he said (and this is a new one!) that after approval we still have another 6-8 for nvc and interview etc. ......!!?? I KNOW this is all bullshit.. But come ON. How can they say that? Nvc is usually around 50-60 DAYS max. Espec for 2014, which we can see on saylins nvc spread sheet. And we KNOW October is being processed, at Nebraska they're on late October and have even done 2 novembers.

Why do they want to discourage us so much?? Has anyone else gotten this load of BS from them lately?

I was so hopeful, but now I'm just deflated again. Our Noa1 was nov 15. So were over the 5 months.

He put in some kind of request for info on my case, not sure if it was a service request exactly but I figured any kind of attention to my case would be better than none and he offered it.

He also said that I needed to give him a US address cuz they don't send things abroad... Which is funny cuz they sent our noa1 here to australia without problems.. I heard they've told people that before. Just more BS...

Any comments?? Any similar recent experiences??

I called a couple of weeks ago about not receiving stuff, we asked about processing times and we were told the same 8-12 months waiting, I know it's BS. I think they tell you this because they think it will stop you calling and asking about your case and to buy themselves time. How wrong are they! hahah

As for NVC, it all depends on your case, how quickly you send your I-864 forms back. When you get to NVC stage, I suggest having everything ready to be sent straight away and if you can afford it, send it overnight delivery or whatever is the most quick and affordable for you anything to shorten the period of time spent apart! I've heard some interviews can take months to get depending on your country. You should try find others that have filed from Austrailia and read their timelines to see how quick interview was.

IMO - Service request is pointless, you get an automatic bullshit response.

Met Online - July, 2009

USCIS

NVC

AOS Checklist - August 21st, 2014 http://prntscr.com/4gsyod click link to see the checklist

event.png event.png

I called a couple of weeks ago about not receiving stuff, we asked about processing times and we were told the same 8-12 months waiting, I know it's BS. I think they tell you this because they think it will stop you calling and asking about your case and to buy themselves time. How wrong are they! hahah

As for NVC, it all depends on your case, how quickly you send your I-864 forms back. When you get to NVC stage, I suggest having everything ready to be sent straight away and if you can afford it, send it overnight delivery or whatever is the most quick and affordable for you anything to shorten the period of time spent apart! I've heard some interviews can take months to get depending on your country. You should try find others that have filed from Austrailia and read their timelines to see how quick interview was.

IMO - Service request is pointless, you get an automatic bullshit response.

I totally agree. We have both IV and AOS packages totally ready! Just have to sign and date a few things.

The sydney consulate said they sched interviews within a month of getting your stuff. So yay for that.

I almost think we all should stop calling uscis it puts us in a bad frame of mind :(

Trying to keep my chin up for our approvals!

Please please sooooon

Timeline

I totally agree. We have both IV and AOS packages totally ready! Just have to sign and date a few things.

The sydney consulate said they sched interviews within a month of getting your stuff. So yay for that.

I almost think we all should stop calling uscis it puts us in a bad frame of mind :(

Trying to keep my chin up for our approvals!

Please please sooooon

We are just waiting for our co-sponsor to mail us the I-864. Other than that, we have our stuff ready. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the IV just a fee paid after NVC receives the case? I only ask because I want to be sure I have everything!

I agree, we really shouldn't dwell on it so much but it's so hard not to when you just want to begin your new life!

Met Online - July, 2009

USCIS

NVC

event.png event.png

We are just waiting for our co-sponsor to mail us the I-864. Other than that, we have our stuff ready. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the IV just a fee paid after NVC receives the case? I only ask because I want to be sure I have everything!

I agree, we really shouldn't dwell on it so much but it's so hard not to when you just want to begin your new life!

There's the IV package (beneficiary) and the AOS (petitioner and/or joint sponsor) the IV includes police certificates, passport photos and a few other things. Look in the NVC guides that Saylin made. They're awesome they tell you everrrrything.

They need social skils training. I've already heard someone almost suicidal after being told another 6 months by them. I think they get a ###### kick out of it. It's spiteful and mean.

POE Philadelphia 12/2/14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.