kitthekat

Singapore K1s

516 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

I received my passport from the courier today, with the visa stamped inside. Yay! Everything was delivered in a large printed plastic package that I tore off, inside was my passport, opened to the bio page, and a pink folder. Inside the pink folder, secured with elastic bands, was two sheets of instructions from the IV unit and the elusive "sealed package" - a yellow/brown envelope with an official stamp over the flap.

As for tracking the passport on the ustraveldocs site, don't bother. :P My status still reads "Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery". If I send an email to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com my status reads "in transit with post".

Thinking of booking my ticket tonight - so many different carriers and options, I'm not sure which one to go with..

Congrats!!! :) Quick question though. Is it possible for me to resign my work here in Singapore after I pass my interview and go back home to Philippines? Then spend some time there with my family and be on my way to the States from Philippines or is there any repercussions for doing that?

Do I wait until I get my passport and then go back home to Philippines?

Thank you.

Edited by Rael

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Congrats!!! :) Quick question though. Is it possible for me to resign my work here in Singapore after I pass my interview and go back home to Philippines? Then spend some time there with my family and be on my way to the States from Philippines or is there any repercussions for doing that?

Do I wait until I get my passport and then go back home to Philippines?

Thank you.

you can't take an international flight without a passport, so yes, you will need to wait until you get your passport back before you return to the philippines.

no issues with returning to the philippines from the US embassy's perspective. however, i believe you will need to attend the CFO seminar and get the stamp in your passport before philippines will allow you to leave with a K1 in your passport. philippines subforum is the best place for information on that :)

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Timeline

you can't take an international flight without a passport, so yes, you will need to wait until you get your passport back before you return to the philippines.

no issues with returning to the philippines from the US embassy's perspective. however, i believe you will need to attend the CFO seminar and get the stamp in your passport before philippines will allow you to leave with a K1 in your passport. philippines subforum is the best place for information on that :)

Ahhh okay. Thank you :) One more question. I just received my packet 4 for my interview in Singapore. Just wanna confirm if there is anything else I need to do prior to the interview. I've already done my medical exam and waiting for my fiance's I-134. . Do I need to do the DS-260 or is that for a different Visa? Also, is it okay if my fiance only sends his tax transcripts from last year and 1 employment letter. It says on his transcripts that he makes above the poverty guidelines for Hawaii. Not sure if we need more proof for the I-134.

Thank you.

Edited by Rael

Timeline

Ahhh okay. Thank you :) One more question. I just received my packet 4 for my interview in Singapore. Just wanna confirm if there is anything else I need to do prior to the interview. I've already done my medical exam and waiting for my fiance's I-134. . Do I need to do the DS-260 or is that for a different Visa? Also, is it okay if my fiance only sends his tax transcripts from last year and 1 employment letter. It says on his transcripts that he makes above the poverty guidelines for Hawaii. Not sure if we need more proof for the I-134.

Thank you.

you don't need the DS-260. the DS-160 which you sent in with packet 3 replaces all those older forms. have you got your police certificate from singapore, the philippines, and anywhere else you lived for longer than 6 months? do you also have proof of your relationship with your fiance - stuff like photos, chat logs, etc?

the evidence you have for the I-134 sounds sufficient.

Timeline

you don't need the DS-260. the DS-160 which you sent in with packet 3 replaces all those older forms. have you got your police certificate from singapore, the philippines, and anywhere else you lived for longer than 6 months? do you also have proof of your relationship with your fiance - stuff like photos, chat logs, etc?

the evidence you have for the I-134 sounds sufficient.

Yes, I do. However, we've been video chatting on Skype and Facetime so I'm not really sure about the chat logs. The last time we talked was probably before we started skyping majority of the time so I don't know how I can provide proof of that.

Also, I just found out that he got laid off on his civilian job in a flex position. So, he only has his US Army Reserve position. And I just want to know if I can still use his tax transcripts from last year where he was making at least 26k gross income before taxes well above the Hawaii poverty guidelines or will I need a co-sponsor? If I do, what are the guidelines for using a co-sponsor? I know I have to fill out another I-134 but is that it?

Timeline

Yes, I do. However, we've been video chatting on Skype and Facetime so I'm not really sure about the chat logs. The last time we talked was probably before we started skyping majority of the time so I don't know how I can provide proof of that.

Also, I just found out that he got laid off on his civilian job in a flex position. So, he only has his US Army Reserve position. And I just want to know if I can still use his tax transcripts from last year where he was making at least 26k gross income before taxes well above the Hawaii poverty guidelines or will I need a co-sponsor? If I do, what are the guidelines for using a co-sponsor? I know I have to fill out another I-134 but is that it?

i submitted logs that showed we called for x amount of time on x date. we video chatted more than text chat too, and that worked for us.

I-134 has to be filled in with current income. the tax transcripts won't be sufficient in this case (but still bring them to the embassy). he will need to amend the I-134 to reflect his new, current income as well. if it does not meet the poverty guidelines for his household size then yes, you will need a co-sponsor. co-sponsor will have to provide another I-134, proof of being a USC/LPR (strictly this is not required for I-134 but i have seen the embassy ask for it sometimes, so good to be prepared), and the co-sponsor's tax returns, letter of employment, etc. basically the same supporting evidence that the petitioner has to provide.

Timeline

i submitted logs that showed we called for x amount of time on x date. we video chatted more than text chat too, and that worked for us.

I-134 has to be filled in with current income. the tax transcripts won't be sufficient in this case (but still bring them to the embassy). he will need to amend the I-134 to reflect his new, current income as well. if it does not meet the poverty guidelines for his household size then yes, you will need a co-sponsor. co-sponsor will have to provide another I-134, proof of being a USC/LPR (strictly this is not required for I-134 but i have seen the embassy ask for it sometimes, so good to be prepared), and the co-sponsor's tax returns, letter of employment, etc. basically the same supporting evidence that the petitioner has to provide.

His household size is for 2. Just me and him. But okay, I'll have him send me his 2013 tax transcripts and make another I-134.

Timeline

I have a question for the I-134. I checked the Poverty Guidelines 2014 for Hawaii and I saw that my Fiance needs to be making above $22,612 (which is already the 125% of HHS for 2 people. The minimum is $18k.) gross income. I checked his tax transcripts from last year, and he was making more; at least 24k. Is the 24k already above the 125% or is it still borderline?

Thank you.

Sorry if I keep asking alot of questions Kat :unsure:^_^ .....

Edited by Rael

Timeline

I have a question for the I-134. I checked the Poverty Guidelines 2014 for Hawaii and I saw that my Fiance needs to be making above $22,612 (which is already the 125% of HHS for 2 people. The minimum is $18k.) gross income. I checked his tax transcripts from last year, and he was making more; at least 24k. Is the 24k already above the 125% or is it still borderline?

Thank you.

Sorry if I keep asking alot of questions Kat :unsure:^_^ .....

no worries about the questions - this stuff can be overwhelming especially when the interview is coming up.

what the embassy will look at is his current income, not what he earned last year. as you say he has recently been laid off from one of his jobs and his income is now lower, he will need to note that lower annual income on the I-134. if this new amount is not sufficient to meet the poverty guidelines for hawaii, then you need a co-sponsor. it doesn't matter if last year's tax transcripts show a higher amount, because that is not his current income, which is what matters to the embassy. i would say that the US embassy in singapore is not extremely strict about income being borderline, as long as you are on the right side of the border, i.e. over the required amount, not under.

Timeline

no worries about the questions - this stuff can be overwhelming especially when the interview is coming up.

what the embassy will look at is his current income, not what he earned last year. as you say he has recently been laid off from one of his jobs and his income is now lower, he will need to note that lower annual income on the I-134. if this new amount is not sufficient to meet the poverty guidelines for hawaii, then you need a co-sponsor. it doesn't matter if last year's tax transcripts show a higher amount, because that is not his current income, which is what matters to the embassy. i would say that the US embassy in singapore is not extremely strict about income being borderline, as long as you are on the right side of the border, i.e. over the required amount, not under.

Ahh thank you.

Timeline

Hi kat, sorry again... I know this question is circulating around but I just need to confirm. How do I fill out the co-sponsor I-134? Will it be the same as my I-134 that I did except my co-sponsor's name and income?

Timeline

Hi kat, sorry again... I know this question is circulating around but I just need to confirm. How do I fill out the co-sponsor I-134? Will it be the same as my I-134 that I did except my co-sponsor's name and income?

mostly. is there a specific question on the I-134 that you are unsure about?

Timeline

mostly. is there a specific question on the I-134 that you are unsure about?

Im unsure whether the co-sponsor has to match his I-134 or maybe if there are things that needs to change?

Timeline

Hi Kat just like to ask what are the requirements for applying a marriage lincense?

marriage license in the US? it differs by state. most, if not all, have the requirements listed online.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.