Ryan H

Interview scheduling procedures in Guangzhou

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Refer to the link below for changes that went into effect on March 16th.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant_visas.html

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Good to know! :thumbs:

Thanks Ryan H.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Cool ! Doesn't affect NVC Scheduling at all, when using EP, so that's a plus.

-----

IR-1, CR-1, IR-2, CR-2, IR-5.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

i hope that speeds up the consulate process guz.

"Family time is very precious and you should cherish every moment of it."

01/20/12 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.

01/26/12 - NOA1 received and processing at Vermont.

06/28/12 - NOA2 announced on status check.

06/29/12 - NVC received case learned on 07/2/12.

06/30/12 - Hard copy NOA2 received.

07/09/12 - NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued.

07/16/12 - Receive and Sent DS-3032 via email.

07/17/12 - Mailed DS-3032 via mail, AOS bill received via email, paid online, Optin email sent.

07/18/12 - Optin accepted and new case number, AOS marked paid, emailed AOS packet.

07/24/12 - Assigned as Agent, IV Fee bill received via email, paid online.

07/25/12 - IV Fee marked paid, emailed IV packet.

07/31/12 - Emailed GZO Supplemental Packet 3.

08/02/12 - Case completed and commenced final review.

08/03/12 - Shipped all copies of forms/letters/documents to my wife - arriving on 8/9/12.

08/06/12 - Case completed final review.

08/09/12 - Appointment letter received via email interview date set 9/6/12.

08/14/12 - Medical exam done.

08/15/12 - Medical exam results all normal.

09/06/12 - Submitted required documents at the embassy and interview set next day at 0730.

09/07/12 - Visa approved, click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10401 .

09/14/12 - Visa received on hand!

10/07/12 - Arrived at NYC! click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-poe-reviews.php?entry=15293

10/20/12 - Received welcome letter from USCIS.

10/25/12 - Green Card received!

"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions." - Sun-Tzu

04/27/13 - Submitted DS-160 online for parent-in-laws and sister-in-law.

05/01/13 - Paid DS-160 or MRV Fee Payments on CGI Stanley.

05/03/13 - Made appointment for 05/16/13 on CGI Stanley.

05/16/13 - Arrived at GUZ and impromptu notice on the front it was closed.

05/30/13 - B2 visa interview passed! Read review here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433263-b2-visa-was-approved-for-parentinlaw/ <p>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience." - ADM Hyman G. Rickover

08/08/14 - Mailed I-175 application.

08/11/14 - I-175 arrived at VSC.

08/18/14 - Received NOA1 with date 08/12/14.

08/27/14 - Received biometrics appointment for 09/09/14.

02/27/15 - GC in production from email notification.

03/02/15 - Received NOA2 with approval dated 02/25/15.

Timeline

other IV Units have been using this web portal, but as I understand it -

it's for K-1 visas and for DCF'd casefiles.

Any NVC doc intake? Not use this system at all.

But that's just my understanding. Alas, the GUZ IV website omitted all about NVC processing, so my fear is that folk now think NVC stuff is bypassed or not needed.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey guys. I just wondering about the pakage 3. I couldn't find it in the consulate website any more. Do you guys have any ideas about it? Or maybe they have new policy about the packages in the GZ consulate??

Timeline

Hey guys. I just wondering about the pakage 3. I couldn't find it in the consulate website any more. Do you guys have any ideas about it? Or maybe they have new policy about the packages in the GZ consulate??

Sounds like it from the recent message from the Guangzhou consulate:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant_visas.html

Same link as Ryan H, that's the latest.....

YMMV

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Here's a thought - you try this, ok ?

1. get GUZ Casefile # from NVC, use a telephone. when you get it, then

2. make new account on the traveldocs website . then

3. see if you can 'see' the forms there, then

tell us what you see? make screen shots, also.

Thanks in advance !

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Now I'm totally confused.

I've already opted in to EP and paid the AOS and DS-230 fees. I'm waiting to submit the documents in order to time the interview so that it fits my wife's schedule (I plan to submit everything 2 months prior to the date on which she'd like her interview to get scheduled). Do I submit all of the same documents (AOS package, DS-230 package, Packet 3 Supplemental, and additonal evidence) via EP that I was already going to submit? Or has something changed?

08-Oct-2012 -- Married in Chongqing

29-Oct-2012 -- Heavily front-loaded I-130 sent (spouse is Chinese)
02-Nov-2012 -- NOA-1 email received (Receipt Date = November 1, 2012)
01-Feb-2013 -- NOA-2 surface mail received (Notice Date = 28-Jan-2013 - 88 days)
26-Feb-2013 -- NVC case/IIN numbers received on phone (after 3 weeks daily calls) - gave NVC our email addresses
28-Feb-2013 -- DS-3032 email received
28-Feb-2013 -- AOS Invoice email received
28-Feb-2013 -- Tried to pay AOS Invoice on the State Department website, but site wouldn't allow the login
01-Mar-2013 -- Sent the Electronic Processing OPTIN email with signed/dated DS-3032 attached
01-Mar-2013 -- Successfully paid AOS Invoice on State Department website
07-Mar-2013 -- EP-OPTIN/DS-3032/AOS-fee-payment confirmation email received with new GZO case number
11-Mar-2013 -- DS-230 invoice received; Successfuly paid DS-230 invoice on State Department website the same day

16-Jul-2013 -- Sent I-864 package (6 MB) via email to NVCElectronic

16-Jul-2013 -- Sent DS-230 package (18 MB) via email to NVCElectronic

30-Jul-2013 -- Received acknowledgement of receipt of DS-230 package

31-Jul-2013 -- Received acknowledgement of receipt of I-864 package

12-Sep-2013 -- Received Status-change email from NVC - Case complete

12-Sep-2013 -- Received Interview-scheduled email from NVC - Interview scheduled for 4-November-2013

4-Nov-2013 -- Interview easily passed (four questions). Waiting for passport/visa.

5-Nov-2013 -- CEAC Status = "Issued"

7-Nov-2013 -- Status in reply-email from passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com = "Origination Scan"

12-Nov-2013 -- Received email from ustraveldocs: "Ready for pickup"

14-Nov-2013 -- Wife picked up passport/visa from local CITIC bank

14-Nov-2013 -- Paid Immigrant Fee on USCIS website

07-Mar-2014 -- POE = Washington Dulles Airport

Timeline

you do not play with ustraveldocs.com / CGI Stanley, at all, prior to the interview.

You will complete all at NVC via EP, ignoring the ustraveldocs.com site.

Later, after interview, you can use that site to check on status of visa packet and visa packet shipment, but that's it, that's all, for now.

So, for now, keep on, keeping on, with EP into NVC .

Uncle Darnell has spoken

Edited by Darnell

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Here's a thought - you try this, ok ?

1. get GUZ Casefile # from NVC, use a telephone. when you get it, then

2. make new account on the traveldocs website . then

3. see if you can 'see' the forms there, then

tell us what you see? make screen shots, also.

Thanks in advance !

The general information is accessible to everyone, no log in necessary. It's only necessary to create an account to set up an appointment or to choose a passport delivery method. I found Packet 4 here, but no Packet 3: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-preparedocuments.asp

Timeline

i used the stanley cgi for b2 visa. was daunting. here are the highlights

1. fill out ds160 online

2. register on stanley for payment number

3. use payment number to pay at citic bank

4. go back on stanley to select appt date

"Family time is very precious and you should cherish every moment of it."

01/20/12 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.

01/26/12 - NOA1 received and processing at Vermont.

06/28/12 - NOA2 announced on status check.

06/29/12 - NVC received case learned on 07/2/12.

06/30/12 - Hard copy NOA2 received.

07/09/12 - NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued.

07/16/12 - Receive and Sent DS-3032 via email.

07/17/12 - Mailed DS-3032 via mail, AOS bill received via email, paid online, Optin email sent.

07/18/12 - Optin accepted and new case number, AOS marked paid, emailed AOS packet.

07/24/12 - Assigned as Agent, IV Fee bill received via email, paid online.

07/25/12 - IV Fee marked paid, emailed IV packet.

07/31/12 - Emailed GZO Supplemental Packet 3.

08/02/12 - Case completed and commenced final review.

08/03/12 - Shipped all copies of forms/letters/documents to my wife - arriving on 8/9/12.

08/06/12 - Case completed final review.

08/09/12 - Appointment letter received via email interview date set 9/6/12.

08/14/12 - Medical exam done.

08/15/12 - Medical exam results all normal.

09/06/12 - Submitted required documents at the embassy and interview set next day at 0730.

09/07/12 - Visa approved, click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10401 .

09/14/12 - Visa received on hand!

10/07/12 - Arrived at NYC! click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-poe-reviews.php?entry=15293

10/20/12 - Received welcome letter from USCIS.

10/25/12 - Green Card received!

"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions." - Sun-Tzu

04/27/13 - Submitted DS-160 online for parent-in-laws and sister-in-law.

05/01/13 - Paid DS-160 or MRV Fee Payments on CGI Stanley.

05/03/13 - Made appointment for 05/16/13 on CGI Stanley.

05/16/13 - Arrived at GUZ and impromptu notice on the front it was closed.

05/30/13 - B2 visa interview passed! Read review here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433263-b2-visa-was-approved-for-parentinlaw/ <p>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience." - ADM Hyman G. Rickover

08/08/14 - Mailed I-175 application.

08/11/14 - I-175 arrived at VSC.

08/18/14 - Received NOA1 with date 08/12/14.

08/27/14 - Received biometrics appointment for 09/09/14.

02/27/15 - GC in production from email notification.

03/02/15 - Received NOA2 with approval dated 02/25/15.

Timeline

Tempus Fugit, and you've done some stuff recently.

Can write up a bit about what's what with that ustraveldocs website, how your lass got the P3 docs, payment and scheduling? Thanks so much !

[and good luck with the interview on the 20th... ]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Tempus Fugit, and you've done some stuff recently.

Can write up a bit about what's what with that ustraveldocs website, how your lass got the P3 docs, payment and scheduling? Thanks so much !

[and good luck with the interview on the 20th... ]

Hey guys,

There's an actual P3 that come in the mail. It was recently changed, so the form on Visajourney isn't quite the same anymore. Basically, it is a checklist that lists the three things that need to be returned to the consulate along with the checklist itself. I believe it requested the DS-230 part one completed, a couple of passport photos and a copy of her information page from her passport. Those, along with the checklist are mailed back to the consulate. Xiaoyun did it the same day as she received it, and it was only a couple of days until P4. P4 is just an email telling you that you can pay and set up an appointment.

CGI Stanley isn't bad. She'll need to go to Citic bank or pay the fee with her Chinese debit card, then you'll get a receipt number. Just input the receipt number and away you go. Click on schedule appointment, boom. Then there's the medical, which is a walk-in thing, no appointment. Go early in the morning, results in the afternoon.

Timeline

Mr. Johnson - thanks for the detailed report.

can check one thing for me ?

ustraveldocs site has both english and chinese sites - can you log in , on the english site, and see status of what she's done already, using her log in id and stuff?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.