jack999

Feel helpfuless...

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My friends - I am VSC February filer. As VSC started to approve April cases, today I received a mail saying my case is still pending at this time and should receive a decision or notification within 60 days. I have been waiting the result of my case for 10 months. I don't understand what makes my case so special that takes them such a long time to review. Has anyone here experienced the same situation before? Please advise what steps I should take next. Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am sorry, it took us 7 months to ROC and it drove me crazy

have you contacted the USC congressman?

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

My friends - I am VSC February filer. As VSC started to approve April cases, today I received a mail saying my case is still pending at this time and should receive a decision or notification within 60 days. I have been waiting the result of my case for 10 months. I don't understand what makes my case so special that takes them such a long time to review. Has anyone here experienced the same situation before? Please advise what steps I should take next. Thanks!

Keep that letter. Now what I suggest you to do is in 30 days, go make an InfoPass and have your passport stamped with an I-551 to keep yourself in status.

Next, get hold of your congressman and seek help.

As of now if you are still married, file for N-400 Naturalization.

I was in the EXACT same situation as yours. I end up "skipping" the I751 and took my Oath ceremony few months back.

You gotta push them.

Edited by Steve D.

Well, just for the record, mine took almost a full year. I filed at the end of December 2011, and when things hadn't moved along by November, I called USCIS and had them put a query on my case. The online status check wasn't updated, but I finally received my approval letter dated December 20th, 2012. NOTE: I did NOT have an RFE on my case...it was probably just a situation where it slipped through the cracks, or was misfiled / misplaced. I'm guessing that your situation is the same.

Don't lose hope. My approval came within the 60 days window that the query suggested. Give them the full 60 days, then if you don't hear back, call them again AND contact your local congressman. Good luck!

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for your quick response!

so far I haven't received an RFE either.

Do you mind letting me know how to get in contact with my local congressman? I never expected to have the congressman involved during the AOS process...

Well, just for the record, mine took almost a full year. I filed at the end of December 2011, and when things hadn't moved along by November, I called USCIS and had them put a query on my case. The online status check wasn't updated, but I finally received my approval letter dated December 20th, 2012. NOTE: I did NOT have an RFE on my case...it was probably just a situation where it slipped through the cracks, or was misfiled / misplaced. I'm guessing that your situation is the same.

Don't lose hope. My approval came within the 60 days window that the query suggested. Give them the full 60 days, then if you don't hear back, call them again AND contact your local congressman. Good luck!

Thank you Steve D.

Could you let me know how to reach out to my congressman for assistance?

Keep that letter. Now what I suggest you to do is in 30 days, go make an InfoPass and have your passport stamped with an I-551 to keep yourself in status.

I was in the EXACT same situation as yours. I end up "skipping" the I751 and took my Oath ceremony few months back.

You gotta push them.

thanks Steve D. Could you briefly explain how to reach out to our congressman for assistance?

You gotta push them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

http://house.gov/representatives/

First, find yers via the url above.

Then find their website.

On their website, is a non-disclosure statement that you must sign.

So get that, and write up a letter of inquiry, include as much of yer casefile info as you can,

and send both off via fax (fax is best for this)

If you want to call first, that's cool - ask for the name of the immigration liason staffer, then address the fax to that human.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

ROC's have really slowed down, lets hope something else has sped up.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

We experienced a similar scenario last year. We had received an RFE but still in Jan we received a denial. Ours was due to me being 5 days short of the free to marry.I was divorced but fell a few days short on the free to marry.I figured iity out before the paperwork came and we filed again in Feb and made it through this time.

my heart aches for you as I know how you feel. Hang in there, Recheck your petition for anything hat could cause a problem.

Terri

Fiance visa

04/28/2011 - I-129F - DENIED

02/18/2012 - I-129F petition filed
02/24/2012 - NOA1
09/04/2012 - NOA2, 193 days

Interview:10/22/2012
POE: 10/26/2012 (245 days)

Removal of Conditions

Filed for ROC - 06/09/2015

NOA1 for ROC - 06/12/2015

Biometrics appointment - 07/17/2015

Approval for ROC - 04/20/2016 (316 days)

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

N-400 biometrics 06/20/16

N-400 interview 01/23/2017

N-400 Oath ceremony 02/10/2017

Immigration Process took 2116 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.