shin shin

what is the punishement for abusive military husband??

9 posts in this topic

My husband is mentally,verbally,financially abusive I made report to the Military Police then to Jag lawyer they contacted his commander..he kicked me out of our apartment and its military housing...

....is there any punishment for him???

yes there will be. what type of report did you make with the military police? for physical abuse? i am former military and have seen wives walk right into the commanders office, and if nothing else works that may be an option for you. if he is court marshalled he could lose his rank, lose pay, be placed on extra duty, given jail time, or if it's severe enough he can be kicked out. read about this...http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/army_board_study_guide_topics/military_justice/lautenberg-amendment.shtml

if he's convicted of physically abusing you he will lose his right to carry a firearm and would almost have to be kicked out of the military.

I received a call from his commander saying my husband will support me in financial then he will send me the divorce paper

today i received a call from jag lawyer check if the commander have called me...

now i dont know whats the next step...wanna make sure he will support me at least the share of the BAH right now staying with a friend and sleeping in the couch...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

It depends on how tight he is with his unit. Usually, at least in my experience which was about 15 years ago, the military does not criminally charge active duty persons unless the abuse is really bad. They usually force the member to go through counseling, anger management,drug abuse classes, whatever is appropriate as they see it to solve the problem.

As far as support he is required to provide you with either a place to live or the BAH. This will only last until you are divorced, after that he is only required to pay you whatever the court orders.

he never hurt me physically but emotionally,verbally and financially...now that all my savings are gone he just kicked me out..I make report to military police because of his threat to me that if i still wanna stay with him at the house he'll make it harder for me and he can track me down because he has a friend from FBI..The MP gave menumber to call in so I can contact the Jag lawyer so when i went to Jag lawyer they contacted his boss and his commander...

he said im stupid and dont know about any laws here in the US I am immigrant he sponsored for my Green card but he make me his slave...he said he filed divorce already and cannot live together but he knows i dont have a job,money and not driving yet he knows i dont have a place to go....

It depends on how tight he is with his unit. Usually, at least in my experience which was about 15 years ago, the military does not criminally charge active duty persons unless the abuse is really bad. They usually force the member to go through counseling, anger management,drug abuse classes, whatever is appropriate as they see it to solve the problem.

As far as support he is required to provide you with either a place to live or the BAH. This will only last until you are divorced, after that he is only required to pay you whatever the court orders.

I have all the text messages from him hows hes abusing me emotionally I am going through therapy right now..

he never hit me but he will throw all the stuff in the house when he's mad..but how will i make sure he will support me till the divorce is final?? do i have to go back to Jag lawyer again???

The Commander can punish for not providing adequate financial support to dependents that the military member is receiving a benefit for (assume he's receiving with-dependent BAH)...although punishment should always be in private and not advertised to anyone (in other words, you shouldn't expect a report about what his specific admin action or punishment is). Army has regulations stating a specific amount for these type circumstances, Air Force is just "adequate support". Not sure about the other services.

Contact the First Sergeant, Commander, or JAG (in that order) if the support isn't adequate.

The Commander can punish for not providing adequate financial support to dependents that the military member is receiving a benefit for (assume he's receiving with-dependent BAH)...although punishment should always be in private and not advertised to anyone (in other words, you shouldn't expect a report about what his specific admin action or punishment is). Army has regulations stating a specific amount for these type circumstances, Air Force is just "adequate support". Not sure about the other services.

Contact the First Sergeant, Commander, or JAG (in that order) if the support isn't adequate.

when i went to Jag lawyer they contacted the First Sgt then his commnader I'm able to talked to this CO and said my husband will provide support but I'm not sure how and when it will happened I dont recieved anything yet so far...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.