Pitaya

FINALLY SOME PROGRESS... SHE GOT HER SSN !!!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hello folks,

Well, I have to assume that the Custom and "Burro" Patrol (CBP) finally got off of their collective duffs and got my wife's (and hopefully stepson's) immigration information into their vaunted I-94 database. I say this because she finally received her new Social Security Number (SSN) and card today. The Social Security Administration has been waiting since 13 August 2012 for CBP's online I-94 database immigration verifications. I have to hand it to the Burro Patrol, it only took them about six weeks (their POE was 26 July2012) to get a couple lines of information into their I-94 database. :bonk: It only reinforces my claim that we have the best government that money can buy. :rofl:

So, if you, or your loved one just immigrated to the US on a K-1 visa, my advice is to apply for their SSN as soon as possible, because you never know how many prickly-pear cactus paddles will be needed to be applied in order to prod the Burro Patrol into action. :wacko:

YMMV (hopefully better :thumbs: ),

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Nice to hear some good news for a change.!

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Timeline

Nice to hear some good news for a change.!

Hey thanks man!!! :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am getting a little stressed about all the political upheavals and the impact it will have on slowing down our AOS. The whole transferred to CSC to speed things up was a big hoax. Now the budget issue is looming again. I am sure they will pass the budget to keep the gov't running until the elections are over. I hope we get it soon. My wifey needs to go visit her elderly and frail grandfather....

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Timeline

OIC!!!! I hope that they don't have an adverse effect on each of our immigration proceedings. I am thankful that neither of us are from MENA countries. :thumbs:

Timeline

I agree, lets hope for the best. Yahoo on the social card arriving. Mail by Burro is always slower than plane or train.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Congratulations on your good news :) I can't believe how much of a headache the SSN process is after everything we've gone through for the visa!

Timeline

Congratulations on your good news :) I can't believe how much of a headache the SSN process is after everything we've gone through for the visa!

Thanks!

Isn't that the truth. I honestly believe that the hang-up rests solely on the the another agency of the Department of Homeland (In)Security, the Customs and 'Burro' Patrol. It is my contention that the Burro Patrol cannot adequately update and maintain their 'sacred' I-94 database. It is that database that many other federal and state agencies have to rely upon for their immigration verification information. Yet, trying to get a straight answer out of the Burro Patrol is like trying to find some hen's teeth.

Edited by A&B

Timeline

AB should have slipped them a micky (drink) not money. They did get a social after the i797 was issued, whew.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

After a long #### wait and a denial. I re-applied last Friday and got a letter today to say I'd be getting my card in the next 2 weeks! At last!! The wait has been so frustrating. Im glad some of us are making some head way to getting our lives back on track. I can get a driving licence and a job now!!! :D

View my K1 -> ROC Timeline

*Filed I-129F - 21st October 2011* *Applied for SSN - 8th June 2012* *Filed I-751 (arrived) - 26th March 2015

*NOA1 - 28th October 2011* *Filed for AOS, EAD & AP - 26th June 2012* * Check cashed - 30th March 2015
*NOA2 (no RFE) - 26th January 2012* *AOS, EAD, & AP arrive at Chicago Lockbox - 28th June 2012* NOA1 - 26th March 2015 (arrived 3/4/15)

*Packet 3 sent - 27th February 2012* *Email notification of receipt - 3rd July 2012* *No biometrics letter - Service Request submitted 5/4/15
*Medical - February 28th 2012* *Check cashed - 7th July 2012* *Still no biometrics letter - 2nd Service Request submitted - 8/6/15
*Packet 4 received - 17th March 2012* *NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP - 9th July 2012* *Biometrics in Aurora, CO - 8th July 2015*
*Interview in London - 5th April 2012. APPROVED!!!* *Biometrics in Philadelphia (Drummond Road)- 7th August 2012*
*POE Newark, NJ - 16th May 2012 *Biometrics walk in at Philadelphia (Drummond Rd) - 25th July 2012*
*K1 process took 160 days* *Case Transfered to California Service Centre - 26th July 2012*
*SSN DENIED! - 17th August. 10 weeks after I applied!!*

*EAD/AP Approved - 28th August 2012* 59 days
*Married! - 1st June 2012* *EAD/AP card in hand - 1st September 2012*
*EAD/AP card in hand - 1st September 2012*
* Re-applied for SSN - 14th September 2012*
*Put in service request at 8mo/3days wait - 19th March 2013*

* AOS Approved!!! - 1st May 2013* Exactly 10 months after applying.

*Green card in hand - 6th May 2013

2yrdn5s0q.png

Timeline

After a long #### wait and a denial. I re-applied last Friday and got a letter today to say I'd be getting my card in the next 2 weeks! At last!! The wait has been so frustrating. Im glad some of us are making some head way to getting our lives back on track. I can get a driving licence and a job now!!! :D

It sounds like you are finally able to make some head way too. Hoping that it does show up in two weeks. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

My card arrived!!!

View my K1 -> ROC Timeline

*Filed I-129F - 21st October 2011* *Applied for SSN - 8th June 2012* *Filed I-751 (arrived) - 26th March 2015

*NOA1 - 28th October 2011* *Filed for AOS, EAD & AP - 26th June 2012* * Check cashed - 30th March 2015
*NOA2 (no RFE) - 26th January 2012* *AOS, EAD, & AP arrive at Chicago Lockbox - 28th June 2012* NOA1 - 26th March 2015 (arrived 3/4/15)

*Packet 3 sent - 27th February 2012* *Email notification of receipt - 3rd July 2012* *No biometrics letter - Service Request submitted 5/4/15
*Medical - February 28th 2012* *Check cashed - 7th July 2012* *Still no biometrics letter - 2nd Service Request submitted - 8/6/15
*Packet 4 received - 17th March 2012* *NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP - 9th July 2012* *Biometrics in Aurora, CO - 8th July 2015*
*Interview in London - 5th April 2012. APPROVED!!!* *Biometrics in Philadelphia (Drummond Road)- 7th August 2012*
*POE Newark, NJ - 16th May 2012 *Biometrics walk in at Philadelphia (Drummond Rd) - 25th July 2012*
*K1 process took 160 days* *Case Transfered to California Service Centre - 26th July 2012*
*SSN DENIED! - 17th August. 10 weeks after I applied!!*

*EAD/AP Approved - 28th August 2012* 59 days
*Married! - 1st June 2012* *EAD/AP card in hand - 1st September 2012*
*EAD/AP card in hand - 1st September 2012*
* Re-applied for SSN - 14th September 2012*
*Put in service request at 8mo/3days wait - 19th March 2013*

* AOS Approved!!! - 1st May 2013* Exactly 10 months after applying.

*Green card in hand - 6th May 2013

2yrdn5s0q.png

Timeline

My card arrived!!!

Excellent news!! :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.