BnT

identification needed for cosponsor on I-134 aff. of support

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hey VJ Family!

We finally received our NOA2 and got our interview date this week so I have been double and triple checking all of the paperwork to be sure that we are not missing anything for the interview. The only thing that I am unsure about is what identification needs to go along with the I-134. My mom is our co-sponsor and I have a copy of her birth certificate but in searching around on here, I have seen some people mentioning a copy of the co-sponsor's passport....my mom has a passport but it has been expired for I don't know how many years......she last traveled out of the US before I was even born. So I thought that the birth certificate was a bit better than an expired passport but I am not sure. Should we add a copy of her driver's license or something else?! (I have a copy of my passport and the original and copy of my own birth cert., so I am not worried about my docs...just the co-sponsor's). Thanks for any info!

January 3, 2012 Mailed I-129F

January 9, 2012 NOA1

June 11, 2012 NOA2 rec'd 154 days later...

July 5, 2012 NVC rec'd and new case number given

July 9, 2012 Left NVC en route to Honduras! :)

July 13, 2012 Received at Embassy!

Aug. 7, 2012 Interview date and Packet 4 rec'd by email

Oct. 8, 2012 Medical

Oct. 10, 2012 INTERVIEW: APPROVED!!!

Oct. 16, 2012 Visa in hand

Oct. 23, 2012 POE Atlanta

Dec. 30, 2012 Wedding! ;)

IMO just take a copy of the drivers licence too if it's available - what's the harm?! some photo ID might be good back up :)

Sent I-129F from Australia - 23rd April '12
Delivered to Dallas Lockbox - 2nd May '12
Cheque cashed at USCIS Dallas - 7th May '12
NOA1 Hardcopy received (notice date 4th May '12) - 18th May '12
NOA2 - 3rd August '12 (email notification)
Packet 3 received - 21st August '12
Packet 3 sent to Consulate - 18th September '12 (arrived 19th September '12)
Interview APPROVED! - 25th September '12
POE San Francisco - 23nd November '12
Married - 7th January '13

AOS/EAD/AP paperwork sent - 3rd February '13
NOA for AOS/EAD/AP - 21st February '13
Biometrics taken - 20th March '13

EAD and AP approved - 1st May '13

Application to register Permanent Residence/Adjust Status approved - 6th January '14

Good luck on your visa journey!

Timeline

Proof of US citizenship or LPR status is all that is required. A birth certificate for the US will fit the bill.

Yes, but since it's not an original...that's my concern, I guess.

IMO just take a copy of the drivers licence too if it's available - what's the harm?! some photo ID might be good back up :)

Yea, that's what I am thinking! Haha. I am going to have a HUGE pile of papers labeled "just in case"!

January 9, 2012 NOA1

Oct. 8, 2012 Medical

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, but since it's not an original...that's my concern, I guess.

You only need a copy of her US birth certificate.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey VJ Family!

We finally received our NOA2 and got our interview date this week so I have been double and triple checking all of the paperwork to be sure that we are not missing anything for the interview. The only thing that I am unsure about is what identification needs to go along with the I-134. My mom is our co-sponsor and I have a copy of her birth certificate but in searching around on here, I have seen some people mentioning a copy of the co-sponsor's passport....my mom has a passport but it has been expired for I don't know how many years......she last traveled out of the US before I was even born. So I thought that the birth certificate was a bit better than an expired passport but I am not sure. Should we add a copy of her driver's license or something else?! (I have a copy of my passport and the original and copy of my own birth cert., so I am not worried about my docs...just the co-sponsor's). Thanks for any info!

Timeline

Congrats on your progress but did they say why it was going to take 2 months before the interview? Please let me know how it goes. Are you traveling to Honduras to be there for the interview?

Hi! Just saw this....haven't looked at this topic for a while. Ummmm I actually live in Honduras and we will be moving to the US together. BUT apparently this is just how they are. The Embassy here is SUPER slow. They wait until right before your NOA2 is going to expire to give you the interview.........and they don't answer the phone or emails or anything so I have no idea why it takes them sooooo long. Other embassies give you the interview weeks after NOA2!! It is really terrible. :( So we will have it in about one month.

Now I see that yours is a spousal visa....so I don't know if those are processed any faster or slower......ours is a fiance visa.....but really, it just does take them foreverrrrrrrrrr to give interview dates. I thought that we would be moving in August and we were lucky to receive the date of our interview in August! That was after our papers sat at CSC for one month waiting to go to NVC...the whole thing has just taken much longer than it should...I hope that yours moves much more quickly!!!

Edited by BnT

January 9, 2012 NOA1

Oct. 8, 2012 Medical

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.