12 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

I have filed my I-130 for my spouse (F2A) with a priority date of Feb 14 2011 with the Vermont Service Center. As you all know they're still officially processing stuff in January 2011. I still didnt get my NOA2.

Today, I got emails from NVC asking for the choice of agent and the AOS fee.

So my question is, how is this possible? Doesn't NVC contact me after I-130 is approved? Is it possible that my I-130 is approved and that the website simply doesn't show it?

Thanks for your help

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Hi,

I have filed my I-130 for my spouse (F2A) with a priority date of Feb 14 2011 with the Vermont Service Center. As you all know they're still officially processing stuff in January 2011. I still didnt get my NOA2.

So my question is, how is this possible? Doesn't NVC contact me after I-130 is approved? Is it possible that my I-130 is approved and that the website simply doesn't show it?

Thanks for your help

Wow, congratulations! It looks like your petition has indeed been approved as the NVC would otherwise not be contacting you. USCIS website could easily be showing wrong information, I've heard of a number of cases where the case status never got updated despite approval. However, you should have received a NOA2 email or a letter - if you haven't, maybe just try calling USCIS to confirm the status of your case.

And thanks for the good news, I am so happy to know that VSC is finally working on F2A cases again!

My F2A/IR-1 journey:

USCIS:
4 August 2011: I-130 sent (while husband permanent resident)
8 August 2011: Priority date
16 April 2013: NOA2

NVC:

7 May 2013: Case number received, DS-3032 sent

15 May 2013: AOS bill received and paid

16 May 2013: AOS package sent

17 May 2013: DS-3032 accepted

20 May 2013: IV bill received and paid

21 May 2013: IV package sent

11 June 2013: response to IV checklist sent

13 June 2013: Case upgraded to CR1

2 July 2013: Case completed

28 August 2013: Interview - approved!

21 September 2013: POE

18 November 2013: Green card received

My husband's citizenship journey:

8 February 2013: N-400 sent
4 March 2013: Biometrics
24 April 2013: Interview
12 June 2013: Oath ceremony

Timeline

Wow, congratulations! It looks like your petition has indeed been approved as the NVC would otherwise not be contacting you. USCIS website could easily be showing wrong information, I've heard of a number of cases where the case status never got updated despite approval. However, you should have received a NOA2 email or a letter - if you haven't, maybe just try calling USCIS to confirm the status of your case.

And thanks for the good news, I am so happy to know that VSC is finally working on F2A cases again!

It is pretty strange. I called NVC and asked them what's up. They said my I-130 is approved otherwise they wouldn't have my case. They asked me to contact USCIS.

I called USCIS and got the hang of their CSRs. They told me my case is not approved and there's no way it could be approved since they're working on cases in January 2011. When I told them that this information was from April 2012 and I was just met with hostility. The agent/CSR opened a ticket with VSC and said I'll hear back in 14 days.

Timeline

It is pretty strange. I called NVC and asked them what's up. They said my I-130 is approved otherwise they wouldn't have my case. They asked me to contact USCIS.

I called USCIS and got the hang of their CSRs. They told me my case is not approved and there's no way it could be approved since they're working on cases in January 2011. When I told them that this information was from April 2012 and I was just met with hostility. The agent/CSR opened a ticket with VSC and said I'll hear back in 14 days.

How odd! However, I think this is just one example proving that the people answering the phone at the USCIS Customer Service don't know what they are talking about. I am glad they agreed to open a ticket though, and I hope they'll reply with your NOA2. Let us know when you hear back from them!

In the meantime, I would just proceed with the NVC processing :)

My F2A/IR-1 journey:

USCIS:

NVC:

Hi,

Thanks for your help

COngrats for your next process! keep push the VSC for your Noa2 and keep us updated pls.. my application soon will touched 1year w/out any gud news...

RYubm4.png

Timeline

COngrats for your next process! keep push the VSC for your Noa2 and keep us updated pls.. my application soon will touched 1year w/out any gud news...

The USCIS case status was updated saying I am approved as of today :-)

It's kind of strange since I've already paid the AOS fee and all. I guess they were slow to actually enter the approval into their system and just sent off the docs to NVC.

Yay

Timeline

It's kind of strange since I've already paid the AOS fee and all. I guess they were slow to actually enter the approval into their system and just sent off the docs to NVC.

Yay

Excellent! Good luck with the NVC and let's hope we won't have to wait too long to see 2011 priority dates become current.

My F2A/IR-1 journey:

USCIS:

NVC:

Yay

'bunkbuster, would u mind to email Vermont, request them to update I-130 status in their website since u are the one who has PD after PD jan 16 that already approved by USCIS. this is their email: VSC.NCSCFollowup@uscis.dhs.gov

atleast give us all hopes to see that the status being update. thanks so much! :thumbs:

RYubm4.png

Timeline

'bunkbuster, would u mind to email Vermont, request them to update I-130 status in their website since u are the one who has PD after PD jan 16 that already approved by USCIS. this is their email: VSC.NCSCFollowup@uscis.dhs.gov

atleast give us all hopes to see that the status being update. thanks so much! :thumbs:

They've sent me mail saying I was approved in June and there was a problem with their systems and it did not update the case status in time. I have NOA2 in my hand.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

They've sent me mail saying I was approved in June and there was a problem with their systems and it did not update the case status in time. I have NOA2 in my hand.

Hey can you tell us plz what did it got approved in June, so this way we can estimate how far cases might have moved .

Thanks

Citizenship (2014):

May-10-2014.... Application mailed out , through USPS express mail.

May-12-2014.... Application package delivered.

May-15-2014.....Check Cashed by USCIS

June-02-2014....Biometrics (walk in) syracuse field office

June-04-2014....Actual Biometrics appointment date

June-04-2014....in line for interview scheduling

Aug -19-2014....Interview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

SORRY I MEANT WHAT DATE IN JUNE IT GOT APPROVED.

THANKS

Citizenship (2014):

May-10-2014.... Application mailed out , through USPS express mail.

May-12-2014.... Application package delivered.

May-15-2014.....Check Cashed by USCIS

June-02-2014....Biometrics (walk in) syracuse field office

June-04-2014....Actual Biometrics appointment date

June-04-2014....in line for interview scheduling

Aug -19-2014....Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.