Regan L

I super need help

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I dont even know where to start, i just got my noa2 via email today, it was approved! But i have many questions and my situation is very unique.

I am a american citizen, im now 19 but when i was 18 i met a girl online and dated her for 10 months b4 flying to the Philippines to marry her, which i did. While i was there i got her pregnant. A month later i flew back to the states to start filing my petition, which i have already done. here is all my questions, please please answer them if you can.

1.What does the noa2 even do, like did the california service center who was handeling my case send my case to manila? did they send it too some nvc building in the U.S.?

2.I herd they are now going to be sending me a packet, how long will it take to get that and is it coming from manila or california?

3.What all is included in this packet? Id like to know everything.

4.When im sponsering her i wont have enough money so im having my grandfather co sponser, what all will he and i need to do, what will they need from us?

5.My wife dosent have her passport yet, she has everythign ready but she must attend a seminar in manila b4 they will give her one, will this be a problem at the interview?

6.Will her being pregnant be a problem at the interview?

7.I herd they are super picky, how can i make sure she passes that interview without fail?

8.Where will this interview be takign place?

9.What all does she need to bring?

10.If the baby is born just after her interview do i have to start a paetition for it and wait again?

11.If its born b4, are the going to deny her and wonder why they were not told about it?

12.What do i need to do to get my child legally over here to the U.S.?

13.Can she get the babies passport from where she lives in the Philippines or does she have to go all the way back to manila?

14.Does she need to get all kinds of vaccinations b4 she steps foot in america? Are they going to rob me blind with $200 shots and vaccinations?

15.Does the baby need to get that too b4 its allowed to fly?

17.How much do passports cost?

hi,

i want to help you. but i am not familiar with spousal visa and have no experience of having a child and most especially a child of a US citizen. I don't have any idea or knowledge about it either.

but i do know the answer to some of your questions. so here it is:

5.My wife dosent have her passport yet, she has everythign ready but she must attend a seminar in manila b4 they will give her one, will this be a problem at the interview?

Answer: your wife needs a passport for the interview. this is where they place the US visa. this is a site for first time applicants for passport:

first time applicant for passport

i never heard of passport applicant having to go to a seminar. you just need to submit requirements and have personal appearance. pay the passport fee, have picture taken and then wait for the passport. please check on the site above for more detailed infos.

Answer: I believe being pregnant is not a problem during the interview. there's some who thinks that this will be advantageous as this will "prove" that you have a bonafide marriage. but i heard that a consul might request for a dna testing. not sure though.

7.I herd they are super picky, how can i make sure she passes that interview without fail?

no one can be 100% sure that an applicant can pass and be given a visa. but just make sure to be ready with enough proofs and documentation that what you have is a bonafide marriage. prepare all necessary documents, photos, evidence to back up your claim. please refer at the guides here and i can suggest a site for you/wife to become a member.you can ask advice related to visa process on these sites. and member will try to answer you.

happy ladies

pretty ladies

visa journey link

U.S. Embassy

1201 Roxas Boulevard

Manila, Philippines 1000

Tel. No. : (632) 301-2000

For visa appointment related inquiries, please contact the Embassy’s Visa Information and Appointment Service at (632) 982-5555 or (632) 902-8930. The Visa Information and Appointment Service is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays. Applicants, agents, or petitioners in the U.S should call (214) 571-1600, from 8:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time). Callers may speak with an English-, Tagalog-, Ilocano- or Cebuano-speaking operator. This service is free of charge, except for long distance calls.

For inquiries on a specific case, please call the Immigrant Visa (IV) inquiry line at (632) 301-2000, extension 5184 or 5185 during normal business hours.

US Embassy Manila

For the documentation:

documentation requirement

For the medical:

for medical

For the fees:

fees

for the interview:

before interview

interview appointment

after interview:

after interview

14.Does she need to get all kinds of vaccinations b4 she steps foot in america? Are they going to rob me blind with $200 shots and vaccinations?

I believe that immigrant visa applicants must undergo medical. some have waived vaccination shots due to religious beliefs. but regardless of whether you want to have vaccination shots or not, the medical fee is the same. so, pick your choice, get the vaccination shots and pay the medical fee or don't get the vaccination shots but still pay the same amount.

here's the link for St. Luke's Medical Center:

st. lukes medical center

Manila and POEA

Express Processing(PHP1,200) 7 working days

Normal Processing (PHP 950 15 working days

Regional Consular Office

Releasing of passports filed in Regional Consular Offices (RCOs) may vary depending on the delivery schedule of printed passports.

Express Processing(PHP1,200 10 working days

Normal Processing(PHP 950) 20 working days

These are only the questions I can answer. Hoping this could help you a bit. please confirm my answers on the official websites i inserted here to be sure. others might also have better answers that i gave. good luck to your visa journey.

as1cHr40g410000MTU3bHN8MDQ1MTAzNGx8c2luY2Ugd2UgbWV0IGluIG1hdGNo.gif

as1cJK60g410000MDAwMDEwN2x8MDE1NWxzfHNpbmNlIHdlIGZvdW5kIG91ciBsb3Zl.gif

event.png

as1cJYl0g410010MDAwNTQ2NnN8MDE1NnN8c2luY2Ugd2VkZGluZyBkYXk.gif

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi,

i want to help you. but i am not familiar with spousal visa and have no experience of having a child and most especially a child of a US citizen. I don't have any idea or knowledge about it either.

but i do know the answer to some of your questions. so here it is:

Answer: your wife needs a passport for the interview. this is where they place the US visa. this is a site for first time applicants for passport:

first time applicant for passport

i never heard of passport applicant having to go to a seminar. you just need to submit requirements and have personal appearance. pay the passport fee, have picture taken and then wait for the passport. please check on the site above for more detailed infos.

Answer: I believe being pregnant is not a problem during the interview. there's some who thinks that this will be advantageous as this will "prove" that you have a bonafide marriage. but i heard that a consul might request for a dna testing. not sure though.

no one can be 100% sure that an applicant can pass and be given a visa. but just make sure to be ready with enough proofs and documentation that what you have is a bonafide marriage. prepare all necessary documents, photos, evidence to back up your claim. please refer at the guides here and i can suggest a site for you/wife to become a member.you can ask advice related to visa process on these sites. and member will try to answer you.

happy ladies

pretty ladies

visa journey link

U.S. Embassy

1201 Roxas Boulevard

Manila, Philippines 1000

Tel. No. : (632) 301-2000

For visa appointment related inquiries, please contact the Embassy’s Visa Information and Appointment Service at (632) 982-5555 or (632) 902-8930. The Visa Information and Appointment Service is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays. Applicants, agents, or petitioners in the U.S should call (214) 571-1600, from 8:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time). Callers may speak with an English-, Tagalog-, Ilocano- or Cebuano-speaking operator. This service is free of charge, except for long distance calls.

For inquiries on a specific case, please call the Immigrant Visa (IV) inquiry line at (632) 301-2000, extension 5184 or 5185 during normal business hours.

US Embassy Manila

For the documentation:

documentation requirement

For the medical:

for medical

For the fees:

fees

for the interview:

before interview

interview appointment

after interview:

after interview

I believe that immigrant visa applicants must undergo medical. some have waived vaccination shots due to religious beliefs. but regardless of whether you want to have vaccination shots or not, the medical fee is the same. so, pick your choice, get the vaccination shots and pay the medical fee or don't get the vaccination shots but still pay the same amount.

here's the link for St. Luke's Medical Center:

st. lukes medical center

Manila and POEA

Express Processing(PHP1,200) 7 working days

Normal Processing (PHP 950 15 working days

Regional Consular Office

Releasing of passports filed in Regional Consular Offices (RCOs) may vary depending on the delivery schedule of printed passports.

Express Processing(PHP1,200 10 working days

Normal Processing(PHP 950) 20 working days

These are only the questions I can answer. Hoping this could help you a bit. please confirm my answers on the official websites i inserted here to be sure. others might also have better answers that i gave. good luck to your visa journey.

Yes....she must attend the CFO seminar to apply for her passport.

Timeline

Yes....she must attend the CFO seminar to apply for her passport.

is that a new requirement now? i got mine(passport) without any cfo seminar. but i went to the cfo seminar after i got my US visa. it is a requirement (in my thinking) in the airport. they would not allow you to take off, without cfo seminar.

well, if department of foreign affair (dfa) requires it, which it wasn't during the time i got my passport, then, i think she must attend the seminar.

event.png

Timeline

from the official website of DFA (department of foreign affairs)

first applicant for passport

it didn't mention any kind of seminar

First-time Applicants

Wednesday, 01 July 2009 00:49 administrator

E-mail Print PDF

Forex

PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS FOR FIRST-TIME APPLICANTS:

Personal Appearance is required.

Duly accomplished application form.

Birth Certificate (BC) in Security Paper (SECPA) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) or Certified True Copy (CTC) of BC issued by the Local Civil Registrar duly authenticated by NSO.

Proof of identity / Supporting documents indicating full name, date and place of birth and citizenship

Other Supporting documents.

Additional Requirements:

For married women, who want to use surname of their spouse

Marriage Contract (MC) in Security Paper issued by NSO or Certified True Copy issued by the Local Civil Registrar duly authenticated by NSO.

For married women who would like to revert back to their maiden name

If already widowed: Death Certificate of the deceased husband;

If marriage is annulled: Certified true copy and photocopy of the first page and the dispositive portion of the judgment on annulment and NSO-issued MC with the annotation on the annulment decree;

If divorced: Certified true copy and photocopy of the first page and the dispositive portion of the judgment on divorce secured by foreign spouse authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate where the divorce is obtained.

For Minors (below 18 years old)

Personal appearance of either parent (if minor is of legitimate status).

Personal appearance of mother (if minor is of illegitimate status)

If minor is NOT traveling with either parent:

Original and photocopy of DSWD Clearance

Affidavit of Support and Consent

If both parents are abroad:

Affidavit of support and consent (must be authenticated by the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate General if not executed before a Consul).

Special Power of Attorney (must be authenticated by the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate General if not executed before a Consul designating the representative by name and authorizing him to apply for a passport on behalf of the minor).

Passport and photocopy of the passport of the traveling companion of the minor.

Identification Card and photocopy thereof of the duly authorized person.

For Muslim applicants

For those whose births were registered:

Please refer to requirements for first time passport applicants.

For those whose births were not registered:

Late registered Birth Certificate (BC) in Security Paper (SECPA) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO)

Original and photocopy of Voter's Affidavit or other supporting documents indicating date and place of birth and citizenship, identity and tribal affiliation.

Certificate from the Office on Muslim Affairs (OMA)

For Applicants with Foreign-Sounding Family Names: (e.g. Lim, Cho, Sy, Lee, Samadi, Singh, Nakamura, Hasegawa, etc.) are required to submit the following documents:

Birth Certificate (BC) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) (by birth)

Certificate of No Marriage Record of Mother issued by NSO / LCR (if illegiitimate status, foreign father)

Marriage Certificate of Parents issued by NSO (if legitimate status)

Bureau of Immigration Identifacation Certificate No. (by naturalization; by election; by marriage; by recognition)

Applicant who availed of Dual Citizenship under RA9225 are required to submit the following:

1. Birth Certificate issued by NSO/OLD Philippine Passport

2. Identification certificate No.

3. Oath of Allegiance

4. Report of Birth (for those born abroad)

Please also Read some Guidelines on capturing photos at the Enrolment Section.

event.png

Timeline

is that a new requirement now? i got mine(passport) without any cfo seminar. but i went to the cfo seminar after i got my US visa. it is a requirement (in my thinking) in the airport. they would not allow you to take off, without cfo seminar.

well, if department of foreign affair (dfa) requires it, which it wasn't during the time i got my passport, then, i think she must attend the seminar.

Yeah...I was there when my wife applied for her new passport. The DFA told her she needs the CFO ceminar before she can apply. Which is ok with me.....because now she will not need to do that when she gets her visa.

Timeline

Yeah...I was there when my wife applied for her new passport. The DFA told her she needs the CFO ceminar before she can apply. Which is ok with me.....because now she will not need to do that when she gets her visa.

ohhhh. okay. that must be a new requirement. stand corrected. thanks for this info.

event.png

Timeline

ohhhh. okay. that must be a new requirement. stand corrected. thanks for this info.

Yep....no problem. Things change quickly in the philippines. Also you can no longer reapply for your passport through travel agency.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You have a long road ahead of you and much information to read and learn. Just a heads up... USEM will not alow co-sponsors.. You may need to return and marry in Phil start new process. This is by no means a inexpensive. reread....our you legally married in Phils?

Yes sir, i married her in the Philippines, we had a huge wedding. She has never been to the U.S. i have all the supporting documentation plus parental consent, it has been reviewed and approved by many notaries and recognized by the Philippine government as a bonafied marrage

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

8.Where will this interview be takign place? Did you just jump on a plane to Manila and where else you go? Philippines is hard on any seasoned traveler. Tell us more of your travel experience and what did you learn. How did you fund your trip?

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Come on. Stop being so lazy. Most of your questions can be answered with a little work on your part. You have a freakin' long list of questions that are easily answerable. If you want all your answers handed to you, then hire a lawyer.

Put in some work. Put in some effort.

If you don't bother to even do a little work to help yourself, you are naive to expect that others will spoon feed you the answers. Why would people help those who are clearly lazy?

THIS IS A DO-IT-YOURSELF website with help from others. It is not a WE-DO-ALL-THE-WORK FOR YOU WHILE YOU DO NOTHING.

i payed over 10 grand with money i saved up from working to pay for evrythign, i handeled all the legal documentaion and everything on my own, i filed the entire petition on my own, im well aware of evrything,, quit trolling on things i post

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Moving from IR1 to PI regional

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This thread is basically duplicated in the CR-1 forum as well: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/374505-ive-tried-this-post-b4-but-people-just-cut-me-down-and-were-unhelpful/page__p__5477001__fromsearch__1#entry5477001

Please post in one or the other as we are not merging them for now but are linking them together due to the voluminous nature of the various posts.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I dont even know where to start, i just got my noa2 via email today, it was approved! But i have many questions and my situation is very unique.

I am a american citizen, im now 19 but when i was 18 i met a girl online and dated her for 10 months b4 flying to the Philippines to marry her, which i did. While i was there i got her pregnant. A month later i flew back to the states to start filing my petition, which i have already done. here is all my questions, please please answer them if you can.

1.What does the noa2 even do, like did the california service center who was handeling my case send my case to manila? did they send it too some nvc building in the U.S.?

2.I herd they are now going to be sending me a packet, how long will it take to get that and is it coming from manila or california?

3.What all is included in this packet? Id like to know everything.

4.When im sponsering her i wont have enough money so im having my grandfather co sponser, what all will he and i need to do, what will they need from us?

10.If the baby is born just after her interview do i have to start a paetition for it and wait again?

11.If its born b4, are the going to deny her and wonder why they were not told about it?

12.What do i need to do to get my child legally over here to the U.S.?

13.Can she get the babies passport from where she lives in the Philippines or does she have to go all the way back to manila?

15.Does the baby need to get that too b4 its allowed to fly?

Who helped you get to the NOA2 stage.??? Your right you are a young to have flown to the Philippines and got married. Usually us older geezers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.