Saylin

Montreal Consulate Pictures/Maps

40 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is awesome! Now I know exactly what to expect. My wife is already amazed with my directional abilities but she will be even more amazed when I know the inside of a building I have never been inside before!

Thanks a lot for your help. Your paint skills are awesome!

USCIS

07/24/2011 Got married in Toronto

09/12/2011 Filed I-130

09/13/2011 NOA1

09/16/2011 Touched

03/23/2012 NOA2 (192 days from NOA1 date)

NVC

05/08/12: NVC Case Number, IIN, BID Received

05/08/12: Filled DS261 Online

05/08/12: Sent Optin Email for Electronic Processing

05/08/12: AOS Fee Paid

This is awesome! Now I know exactly what to expect. My wife is already amazed with my directional abilities but she will be even more amazed when I know the inside of a building I have never been inside before!

Thanks a lot for your help. Your paint skills are awesome!

Haha, that'd be awesome to see your wife's face when you just know where everything is laughing.gif

And thanks. My uber awsome Paint skills rofl.gif

Just another little detail that isn't in a lot of the Montreal consulate reviews but happened to us: though the guard downstairs told the whole crowd to go to 14b, the secretary stopped each and every person getting off the elevator, asked them what kind of visa they were getting, and then told them where to go. Some people tried to sneak around her after hearing her tell us to go to 14b, but she stopped them and made them wait in line to speak to her first. So basically, getting in the back left of the elevator is really important, but you can't be slow getting off the elevator either. Make sure you're the first to step up to the secretary and get her clearance before rushing off to 14b. (At least, that's how it went for us.)

Edited by alizon

Just another little detail that isn't in a lot of the Montreal consulate reviews but happened to us: though the guard downstairs told the whole crowd to go to 14b, the secretary stopped each and every person getting off the elevator, asked them what kind of visa they were getting, and then told them where to go. Some people tried to sneak around her after hearing her tell us to go to 14b, but she stopped them and made them wait in line to speak to her first. So basically, getting in the back left of the elevator is really important, but you can't be slow getting off the elevator either. Make sure you're the first to step up to the secretary and get her clearance before rushing off to 14b. (At least, that's how it went for us.)

That's new. For me, before getting on the elevator, the guard asked for all the spousal visas to come up, and let us go on the elevator first. All the other visa types had to wait.

And yeah, you have to be first in the elevator, standing in the back left, and you have to be the first out. Now it looks like it's even more important to be the first one out as you have to speak with someone first before getting in the line.

Edited by Saylin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Saylin where is the stick figure of yourself standing in line and sitting in the chair? :lol:

USCIS

07/24/2011 Got married in Toronto

09/12/2011 Filed I-130

09/13/2011 NOA1

09/16/2011 Touched

03/23/2012 NOA2 (192 days from NOA1 date)

NVC

05/08/12: NVC Case Number, IIN, BID Received

05/08/12: Filled DS261 Online

05/08/12: Sent Optin Email for Electronic Processing

05/08/12: AOS Fee Paid

That's new. For me, before getting on the elevator, the guard asked for all the spousal visas to come up, and let us go on the elevator first. All the other visa types had to wait.

And yeah, you have to be first in the elevator, standing in the back left, and you have to be the first out. Now it looks like it's even more important to be the first one out as you have to speak with someone first before getting in the line.

Yeah, he didn't differentiate between visa types when letting people on the elevator; he just squeezed everyone in! I wonder if that's an actual policy change or if it just depends on who happens to be working that day.

I don't think anyone else there was from VJ because no one seemed to deliberately sit close to the elevator except us!

Saylin where is the stick figure of yourself standing in line and sitting in the chair? :lol:

Here ya go:

consulate4c.png

consulate5c.png

laughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When I had my interview in August 2011 the guard told all immigrant visas to get in the elevator (and I think that included K1s- at least, that's when I got on the elevator, and I don't think I was the only K1 :whistle:)

Great maps Saylin :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Really? in 2009 we were told to line up --------------------------> that direction of the door not the way you are saying. They even had little cord things like the air port does and told us if we did not move to the other side (not the way you ref to line up because thats how we were standing at the time already) we would not be allowed in.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Yeah, he didn't differentiate between visa types when letting people on the elevator; he just squeezed everyone in! I wonder if that's an actual policy change or if it just depends on who happens to be working that day.

I don't think anyone else there was from VJ because no one seemed to deliberately sit close to the elevator except us!

Yeah, I don't know if it changed, or it was just that guy for the day. As you said, most people don't mention the little details in their review, so no way to know.

When I had my interview in August 2011 the guard told all immigrant visas to get in the elevator (and I think that included K1s- at least, that's when I got on the elevator, and I don't think I was the only K1 :whistle:)

Great maps Saylin :lol:

Well, although K1s are defined as non-immigrant visas, they technically are immigrant visas as you're immigrating to the US permanently.

And thanks laughing.gif

Really? in 2009 we were told to line up --------------------------> that direction of the door not the way you are saying. They even had little cord things like the air port does and told us if we did not move to the other side (not the way you ref to line up because thats how we were standing at the time already) we would not be allowed in.

blink.gif They must have changed it as the reviews I were reading last year said to line up on the left.

And there were definitely no cord things when I went!

Wow, Saylin!!!!

You Rock!!! Thanks for all the details !!!

Thanks ^_^

And you're very welcome! Hope it helps!

I (L) Saylin and her mad Paint skilz!

Thanks so much for these!

The K-1 Visa journey for myself and my two K-2 children:

K-1: NOA1 2011-8-10; NOA2 2012-1-12; Interview 2012-4-24; Visa issued 2012-9-17; POE (Sarnia) 2012-9-26; Wedding! 2012-10-02
AOS: NOA1 2012-11-20; Biometrics 2012-12-14; AP/EAD approved 2013-1-11; Interview 2013-1-31; 2-yr Green cards in hand 2013-2-9 (101 days total)

ROC: NOA1 11-7-14; Biometrics 12-1-14; 10-yr Green cards ordered 4-13-15! (157 days total)

Counting down to naturalization time!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.