Bammo

Child with CRBA and US Passport

4 posts in this topic

My biological child (daughter) is living with my spouse (the child's biological mother) in the Philippines until my wife gets her IR Visa an comes to the US. My child has a CRBA and a US passport. Is there anything else I need to do to bring my child to the US, such as vaccinations, to bring her to the US? Since my child has a CRBA and US passport, I'm assuming she is a US citizen and can get on a plane and come to the US whenever she wants. Am I right? I don't need to fill out any special form to get my daughter to the US, right?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My biological child (daughter) is living with my spouse (the child's biological mother) in the Philippines until my wife gets her IR Visa an comes to the US. My child has a CRBA and a US passport. Is there anything else I need to do to bring my child to the US, such as vaccinations, to bring her to the US? Since my child has a CRBA and US passport, I'm assuming she is a US citizen and can get on a plane and come to the US whenever she wants. Am I right? I don't need to fill out any special form to get my daughter to the US, right?

You don't need anything further to get your daughter into the US. You probably WILL need something more to get your daughter out of the Philippines. If she leaves using her US passport then you'll probably need to obtain an exit visa - a US citizen in a foreign country who did not enter with a visa is a special case that requires a special solution. In this case, she's also a citizen of the Philippines. If she uses a Philippine passport to leave (which is how most seem to do it) then normal Philippine exit controls would apply. I'm not personally experienced with the Philippines, but my understanding is that the CFO office is somehow involved.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

you need an exit permit for the child before leaving the phils. but if your child has a Phil. passport too then exit permit is not needed anymore. Aside from that your child is fine...no need for vaccination record at the immigration. But just tell your wife to bring her vaccination record from the hospital where he got his vaccinations.Because if your child will soon study here they will ask what vaccines he already got. And its just easy for you guys to show that to the doctor here in the US so they will know what vaccines are missing.

When we entered US,my son has a Phil. and US passport.So no need for exit permit. Just show my sons US and Phil passport at the immigration and hes fine.Then when we arrived at US airport just show my childs US passport at the immigration officer.(dont show the phil passport anymore).

you need an exit permit for the child before leaving the phils. but if your child has a Phil. passport too then exit permit is not needed anymore. Aside from that your child is fine...no need for vaccination record at the immigration. But just tell your wife to bring her vaccination record from the hospital where he got his vaccinations.Because if your child will soon study here they will ask what vaccines he already got. And its just easy for you guys to show that to the doctor here in the US so they will know what vaccines are missing.

When we entered US,my son has a Phil. and US passport.So no need for exit permit. Just show my sons US and Phil passport at the immigration and hes fine.Then when we arrived at US airport just show my childs US passport at the immigration officer.(dont show the phil passport anymore).

Thanks for the info, I'll look into getting my daughter a Phil passport.

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.