Book Em Dano

Medical Examination Requirements

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello VJ'ers,

Does anyone have any specific advice they can give me (my fiance) in regards to St. Luke's Medical Clinic Extension Center? As I write, she's crying. She's saying that the "staff" are telling her that she might have to undergo a psychiatric evaluation because she obtained an anullment. Divorce doesn't exist in the Philippines and legal proof of the dissolution of a marriage is obtained thru a court provided anullment. She's complied with all the "requirements", including documents to bring to her medical examination as set forth on the U.S. Embassy Manila website as well as the Travel.State.gov website. No where is it mentioned that she might have to A/ Undergo a psychiatric examination/evaluation because of her anullment or B/ That she'd be required to present proof from the court as to their decision in the matter, otherwise known as the court-issued anullment. Has anyone ever ran into this problem either in Manila or at ANY OTHER medical examination?

She's very upset and extremely hesistant to tell them that her anullment, (aka divorce in North America) isn't a part of the medical examination for fear that they'll tell her to leave the clinic and not provide her with any medical documentation that they'll forward to the U.S. Embassy. Her embassy interview is the following day and she has the first appointment at 630am. IF what she fears happens, will she still be able to go to the embassy and attend her interview or at the very least, talk to embassy staff or a consular officer about what happened? (Provided it does) I'm waiting to hear back from her.

I'm very open to suggestions VJ'ers.

Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

... the psychiatric and psychological evaluation/test depends on her annulment papers...

... there are annulment cases wherein the court decision state that BOTH the defendant and petitioner are psychologically incapacitated... in this case, the psychiatrist at st lukes MAY request for a further evaluation - a psychological test (done in cubao, quezon city) - and result expected within 2 weeks... havent heard of anybody "failing" in this type of test... just to establish that person in psychologically sound...

... if, on the other hand, the annulment decision states that the ex husband was evaluated to be the only one psychologically incapacitated, the psychiatrist at st lukes may NOT recommend further tests, therefore, proceed with the next step, which is immunization...

... as for the US embassy, it is widely advised that the medical examination be on file before the fiance's interview, so therefore, strongly advise to reset interview...

... just my piece of advise...

... good luck...

AOS journey

31 March 2011 - Mailed thru USPS (AOS/EAD/AP)

03 April 2011 - NOA (AOS/EAD/AP)

18 April 2011 - successful walk-in biometrics

21 April 2011 - NOA (AOS transfer to CSC)

25 May 2011 - EAD/AP approved

04 June 2011 - EAD/AP combo card received

16 June 2011 - AOS/GC approved

22 June 2011 - GC received by mail

3r4r2ij8einw7.png

Hello TH and JV,

Thank you for your response and suggestion. The anullment paper doesn't make any mention whatsoever as to either the Petitioner (my fiance) or Respondent (her ex-husband) has to be evaluated or otherwise. Neither the St. Luke's website nor the U.S. State Department website makes any reference to any psychological evaluation being required except in the case of an already identified psychological problem wherein the individual may potentially do harm to themselves or others or if their is a question about a person's mental capacity; neither applies here. I agree with your view that perhaps it's wise to consider rescheduling the interview but that's problematic since it's tomorrow at 630am and it's the Martin Luther King holiday observed at the embassy so they're closed until Tuesday at which time it'll be too late.

Thanks for your input.

... the psychiatric and psychological evaluation/test depends on her annulment papers...

... there are annulment cases wherein the court decision state that BOTH the defendant and petitioner are psychologically incapacitated... in this case, the psychiatrist at st lukes MAY request for a further evaluation - a psychological test (done in cubao, quezon city) - and result expected within 2 weeks... havent heard of anybody "failing" in this type of test... just to establish that person in psychologically sound...

... if, on the other hand, the annulment decision states that the ex husband was evaluated to be the only one psychologically incapacitated, the psychiatrist at st lukes may NOT recommend further tests, therefore, proceed with the next step, which is immunization...

... as for the US embassy, it is widely advised that the medical examination be on file before the fiance's interview, so therefore, strongly advise to reset interview...

... just my piece of advise...

... good luck...

VJ's,

Also, the U.S. Embassy Manila website doesn't make any mention of a psychological examination being part of the medical clearance and that's another question I have about them even broaching the issue with her. The required documents lists on any of the three websites I cited doesn't make any mention of being required to bring a copy of her anullment issued by the court. It seems logical to me, her anullment isn't a medical issue, it's rather a "civil" issue.

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Topic moved from K-1 to Philippines Regional as it is specific to that country and not a K-1 question. Should get more answers in Regional for this type of question.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

VJ's,

Also, the U.S. Embassy Manila website doesn't make any mention of a psychological examination being part of the medical clearance and that's another question I have about them even broaching the issue with her. The required documents lists on any of the three websites I cited doesn't make any mention of being required to bring a copy of her anullment issued by the court. It seems logical to me, her anullment isn't a medical issue, it's rather a "civil" issue.

Thank you.

It can be a medical issue if the reason for annulment is "Psychological incapacity" filled to both parties. I myself asked my attending physician why they had not placed the annulment document as part of their requirement for the medical at st. lukes, all she told me is that if they do so some people will not tell them in all honesty that they are went through annulment which for me pretty much lame reason :)

Oh well tho, this whole medical examination thing is kindda confusing :D and its never ending...even after the fiancee arrives here in the US..civil surgeons are nothing but pain..just sayin'

From St. Lukes Medical Extension Clinic's website:

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

~snip~

Detailed medical certificate regarding a previously-treated or currently managed clinically significant illness...

SLEC link.

If your fiancée claimed 'psychological incapacitation" as the reason for her annulment, then St. Lukes will require her to undergo a psychological evaluation. The psychological evaluation costs P1000 and will take an hour or less.

They can also require her to undergo a psychological exam. The psychological exam costs P3000 and will take most of a day.

It's standard operating procedure. There are many threads here on VJ about the topic.

The bottom line:

Failure to complete a required psychological evaluation = no medical clearance.

No medical clearance = no visa approval.

Thank you for the input from everyone; it's appreciated.

Regards

Your fiancée will be fine. No one flunks these psychological evaluations or the psychological exams. At least, I've never heard of anyone flunking them.

However, beware that the psych doctor will try to intimidate your fiancée during the psych evaluation. The doctor might even ask questions like "What would you do if you failed the medical and you could not get a visa?"

Tell your fiancée to stay strong and to tell the truth, and everything will be fine. Good luck. :star:

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi i also have the same situation as urs, i had my psychological exam yesterday and my interview date is on Feb 6, i dont know if i can have my interview on monday or what...

Hello VJ'ers,

Does anyone have any specific advice they can give me (my fiance) in regards to St. Luke's Medical Clinic Extension Center? As I write, she's crying. She's saying that the "staff" are telling her that she might have to undergo a psychiatric evaluation because she obtained an anullment. Divorce doesn't exist in the Philippines and legal proof of the dissolution of a marriage is obtained thru a court provided anullment. She's complied with all the "requirements", including documents to bring to her medical examination as set forth on the U.S. Embassy Manila website as well as the Travel.State.gov website. No where is it mentioned that she might have to A/ Undergo a psychiatric examination/evaluation because of her anullment or B/ That she'd be required to present proof from the court as to their decision in the matter, otherwise known as the court-issued anullment. Has anyone ever ran into this problem either in Manila or at ANY OTHER medical examination?

She's very upset and extremely hesistant to tell them that her anullment, (aka divorce in North America) isn't a part of the medical examination for fear that they'll tell her to leave the clinic and not provide her with any medical documentation that they'll forward to the U.S. Embassy. Her embassy interview is the following day and she has the first appointment at 630am. IF what she fears happens, will she still be able to go to the embassy and attend her interview or at the very least, talk to embassy staff or a consular officer about what happened? (Provided it does) I'm waiting to hear back from her.

I'm very open to suggestions VJ'ers.

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.