cheerstoamerica

TWO ENVELOPES. Help me understand!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone! I got my visa last week and there's an instruction that I should only open the package to get my passport and not the yellow envelope. So I just tore a small opening on the plastic. Enough to fit my hand so I can get my passport. I inspected the package from outside (NOT THE CONTENTS OF THE ENVELOPE. JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT ELSE ARE INSIDE THE PLASTIC.) I saw that there are 2 envelopes. One is smaller than the other and it has this type of... uhmm... fastener(?) -->

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/68530/68530,1205112217,2/stock-photo-the-back-of-an-old-manila-envelope-closed-by-string-dirt-and-scratches-at-10212457.jpg

...So anyway, I've noticed that the string on mine isn't rolled to keep it close. BUT I SWEAR IT WAS DELIVERED LIKE THAT.

I have a feeling something else that's REALLY sealed is inside. Because why would they use that type of envelope right? Anyone can roll out the string, check what's inside, and roll it back if they really want to. Can anyone tell me what's in it? Should I worry about the string not being rolled together? Should I just open the plastic of my package completely and roll it back myself?

HELP ME!!!

Edited by cheerstoamerica

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone! I got my visa last week and there's an instruction that I should only open the package to get my passport and not the yellow envelope. So I just tore a small opening on the plastic. Enough to fit my hand so I can get my passport. I inspected the package from outside (NOT THE CONTENTS OF THE ENVELOPE. JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT ELSE ARE INSIDE THE PLASTIC.) I saw that there are 2 envelopes. One is smaller than the other and it has this type of... uhmm... fastener(?) -->

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/68530/68530,1205112217,2/stock-photo-the-back-of-an-old-manila-envelope-closed-by-string-dirt-and-scratches-at-10212457.jpg

...So anyway, I've noticed that the string on mine isn't rolled to keep it close. BUT I SWEAR IT WAS DELIVERED LIKE THAT.

I have a feeling something else that's REALLY sealed is inside. Because why would they use that type of envelope right? Anyone can roll out the string, check what's inside, and roll it back if they really want to. Can anyone tell me what's in it? Should I worry about the string not being rolled together? Should I just open the plastic of my package completely and roll it back myself?

HELP ME!!!

DONT DO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE ARE THREADS AND POSTS ON HERE ABOUT THAT. tHIS WILL BE OPENED ONLY AT POINT OF ENTRY. IF TAMPERED WITH....PLEASE LOOK FOR MORE HELP ON THIS

Timeline

DONT DO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE ARE THREADS AND POSTS ON HERE ABOUT THAT. tHIS WILL BE OPENED ONLY AT POINT OF ENTRY. IF TAMPERED WITH....PLEASE LOOK FOR MORE HELP ON THIS

It contains your medical files, biometrics etc. Must be opened by officer at point of entry and you will hand them this. Wait for more accurate help dont touch or do nothing to it

Timeline

I took a photo of it. Please see attached picture. I didn't open the package completely. This is from the small opening on the plastic when I took out my passport.

Being Christmas eve here and I am at work....Wait for the more experienced to be online, re-post if you have to to get an answer before doing anything

Timeline

Well, yes you have to open the plastic 2go package to get your passport to inspect it and make sure everything is right with the passport and VISA. From your words and the photo it looks like you did just that. Tie up the smaller envelopes string fastener. Its the other larger envelope the you must not open. You can get rid of the 2go packaging if you want or keep it to keep your documents whatever, that packaging is not important. Of course you know that you must not open the envelope with the one corner cut-off, right?

You're fine. Absolutely no need for panic or epic drama.

Congrats on your VISA approval and delivery!

God Bless you and fiance on your next steps and on to America!

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I took a photo of it. Please see attached picture. I didn't open the package completely. This is from the small opening on the plastic when I took out my passport.

You're fine, no need to panic. You have to open the plastic to retrieve your passport,

that envelope with the string around it is no biggy, just re-wrap the string. Just

don't open the other envelope.

As another poster commented, inspect your passport and make sure your name

is spelled right and the other info is correct.

Congratulations on getting your visa...have a safe trip to the US of A!

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Be careful, do not tamper, the package has everything they need to admit you to the US. Congratulations.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

It's fine to open the plastic. The big, thick, dark yellow envelope is the one which contains your visa application and supporting evidence PLUS your medical notes and blood test results. It should be marked DO NOT OPEN.

Not sure what the other thin envelope is, as I didn't get one of those (but mine was 3+ years ago). Could it be a "film" from your chest X-ray at the medical?

The only other item I got in that packet (besides the passport with visa) was an A4 white sheet which was taped to the front of the big packet. When I checked in for my flight, they asked for it.

Basically, pull out the envelopes and check all sides for the DNO notice.

Congratulations, and hope your trip over is uneventful. :)

ROC

AR11 filed: 02/05/11

I-751 filed at Vermont Service Center: 02/07/11

NOA: 02/14/11

Biometrics appt: 03/21/11

RoC Interview: Not required

RoC Approved: 08/04/2011

10 yr Green card received: 08/10/2011

Timeline

my fiance got two envelopes as well. the first envelope was sealed (which he did not dare open at all), the second not. Though, the second envelope doesn't have any string to close/open it, it was just plain unsealed. He took a peak inside that unsealed envelope and found my "proofs of relationship/having met within the last 2 years" scrap album. What was inside your second envelope? For those who were done with their visa journey, is it supposed to be like this (two envelopes, one sealed the other unsealed with photos/evidences?"

• 1 year later...
Timeline

my fiance got two envelopes as well. the first envelope was sealed (which he did not dare open at all), the second not. Though, the second envelope doesn't have any string to close/open it, it was just plain unsealed. He took a peak inside that unsealed envelope and found my "proofs of relationship/having met within the last 2 years" scrap album. What was inside your second envelope? For those who were done with their visa journey, is it supposed to be like this (two envelopes, one sealed the other unsealed with photos/evidences?"

- hi, i got a similar experience like yours. However mine has an unsealed smaller envelope with strings to open and close it. It also contains photos of me and my fiance (proofs of having met). I opened it coz i thought those were documents that the embassy has returned along with my passport.

I see that you are in the US already. May i ask what the IO did with this smaller envelope and if he asked you if youve opened it?

Hoping for an answer. Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Until today, this thread was nearly 2 years old, and both the OP and the penultimate poster haven't logged on to VisaJourney for a year. Thread is being closed because of age.

Anxiann (welcome to VJ, by the way!), start a "new topic" in this forum and pose your question. You'll get answers!

TBoneTX

for VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.