cheerstoamerica

Approved and Confused!!!

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I will write more about the interview later because I am currently experiencing a bad headache.

Anyway, after the interview, the consul told me "Alright, everything looks good. Please be seated and wait for your number to be called on the next window where you can anticipate the approval of your visa."

So my number was called, and the filipino guy on the other window just told me to wait for my visa to be delivered. I did not fill out a shipping form, the woman in front of me wasn't given a form either. They kept my passport though. I am guessing they get the shipping info from my appointment letter? I remember from the website where I scheduled my appointment, there was an option of home delivery and I checked it.

Has anyone experienced this before? But more importantly, is my visa approved??

The new US Embassy Manila looks nice by the way. So prestige compared to the old one.

Timeline

I will write more about the interview later because I am currently experiencing a bad headache.

Anyway, after the interview, the consul told me "Alright, everything looks good. Please be seated and wait for your number to be called on the next window where you can anticipate the approval of your visa."

So my number was called, and the filipino guy on the other window just told me to wait for my visa to be delivered. I did not fill out a shipping form, the woman in front of me wasn't given a form either. They kept my passport though. I am guessing they get the shipping info from my appointment letter? I remember from the website where I scheduled my appointment, there was an option of home delivery and I checked it.

Has anyone experienced this before? But more importantly, is my visa approved??

The new US Embassy Manila looks nice by the way. So prestige compared to the old one.

I don't have any idea but I guess there's nothing to worry about.. hehe CONGRATULATIONS BY THE WAY!! weeeeeeeeeee!:)

event.png

Timeline

Thanks! I'm just a bit confused cause from the forums that I've read, the consuls would say something like "Congratulations! Your visa is approved. Welcome to the United States of America!"

haha!

And then there's the "pink slip" that people get. Maybe the new US Embassy has a different system? I was also looking around for people holding pink slips but I don't remember seeing any.

Timeline

My fiancee Ritchie just had her interview yesterday and experienced that. Yes, if you scheduled appointment online and/or chose to have home delivery and provided your address then you will not have to fill out a 2go form because they already know where to send the VISA. "Just wait for your VISA to be delivered" means you have been approved and they do not need anything further from you.

Hope that helps! And Congrats on your VISA Approval. God bless to your and your fiance and happy future to you both!

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

Timeline

My fiancee Ritchie just had her interview yesterday and experienced that. Yes, if you scheduled appointment online and/or chose to have home delivery and provided your address then you will not have to fill out a 2go form because they already know where to send the VISA. "Just wait for your VISA to be delivered" means you have been approved and they do not need anything further from you.

Hope that helps! And Congrats on your VISA Approval. God bless to your and your fiance and happy future to you both!

Thanks!!! Your reply took my worries away. Congrats to you too! :thumbs:

Timeline

Thanks!!! Your reply took my worries away. Congrats to you too! :thumbs:

Hi cheerstoamerica, Congratulations! :dance: By the way I have a question, what are the documents you submitted during the interview? Did the consul look for the last 3 years of income tax return? Or did u submit the last 3 years of ITR?

Timeline

Hi cheerstoamerica, Congratulations! :dance: By the way I have a question, what are the documents you submitted during the interview? Did the consul look for the last 3 years of income tax return? Or did u submit the last 3 years of ITR?

Hi! My fiance is a student and he just started working recently so we have a valid reason for not being able to present an ITR. His income is sufficient though. We had an employment letter, some pay stubs, and proof of financial aid.

But if your fiance's been working for more than a year already, according to this notepad that they gave out before the interview, you need to bring the LATEST ITR (Form 1040) and LATEST Withholding Tax Statement (W-2 Form). Since it's specified here that you need the latest, I don't think all three years of ITRs are necessary. Wont hurt to bring them along though, just in case.

Timeline

Hi! My fiance is a student and he just started working recently so we have a valid reason for not being able to present an ITR. His income is sufficient though. We had an employment letter, some pay stubs, and proof of financial aid.

But if your fiance's been working for more than a year already, according to this notepad that they gave out before the interview, you need to bring the LATEST ITR (Form 1040) and LATEST Withholding Tax Statement (W-2 Form). Since it's specified here that you need the latest, I don't think all three years of ITRs are necessary. Wont hurt to bring them along though, just in case.

He just started his new job September this year ( 3 months now). We'll be in trouble if its more than 1 year.. :( :( :( My interview will be in Feb. next year. Did u have a reserve co-sponsor?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

They kept your passport and I am sure you'll get it very soon! Just wait for like 2 weeks (if this takes longer) then email them for follow-up. Goodluck!

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#0000ff"][i]
[/i][/color][/size] [size="5"]God Bless![/size]
[size="5"]BobGee[/size][/font]

[u]AOS TIMELINE:[/u]

01-30-2012: Submitted AOS application thru USPS (Chicago Lockbox)
02-06-2012: Received Text/Email, application received by USCIS
02-10-2012: Received mail/hard copy of I-131 (NOA)
02-15-2012: Received mails/hard copies of I-765 & I-485 (NOAs) / Mail for Biometrics Appt.
03-06-2012: Biometrics Appointment done
03-14-2012: Received mail for Interview Appt on 16th April 2012.
04-04-2012: EAD/AP approved
04-12-2012: EAD/AP card received ;-)
04-16-2012: Interview day - Approved! (waiting for GC)
04-23-2012: Welcome Letter touched
05-03-2012: GC on hand!

[b][color="#ff8c00"]*** Thank You LORD! ***[/color][/b][b][color="#ff8c00"]

[url="http://www.ezticker.com/"]
[img]http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/100/202/20120130/AOS/ticker.png[/img]
[/url][/color][/b]

Congratulations! They kept the passport so you're approved. Email USEM to check in a week or 2. Got mine in about 3 weeks after the interview.

Edited by A_at_J

N-400

2015-01-28: filed N-400
2015-01-30: delivered
2015-02-03: email/txt received
2015-02-04: check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.