joonphon

Fiance Has no birth certificate

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiance is a Thai Citizen. Never had his birth certificate but does have Thai identification. Left his hometown more than 10 years ago. I know they asked for birth certificate. What should we do?

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9660#docs

You will need to comply - here are further details.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9660#docs

You will need to comply - here are further details.

He told me his birth was never registered. But he has Thai national identification and i think he does have household registration as well. Can he really use these two documents in place of birth certificate?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

He told me his birth was never registered. But he has Thai national identification and i think he does have household registration as well. Can he really use these two documents in place of birth certificate?

joonphon,

See Packet 3 for more information.

My fiancee just went through this. She was denied her visa during interview because of her certificate of birth.

For additional documents, your fiance can go with his mom to the Amphur of the place he lives. His mom can testify that she gave birth to him at the place of his birth. Amphur can write a document with seal stating his place of birth according to the his mom.

Any certified copy of the document when he applied for Thai citizenship and household registration helps.

Make sure the document clearly states his place of birth and bring the original documents to the interview. These two items bit us during my fiancee's interview

Good luck!

Timeline

joonphon,

See Packet 3 for more information.

My fiancee just went through this. She was denied her visa during interview because of her certificate of birth.

For additional documents, your fiance can go with his mom to the Amphur of the place he lives. His mom can testify that she gave birth to him at the place of his birth. Amphur can write a document with seal stating his place of birth according to the his mom.

Any certified copy of the document when he applied for Thai citizenship and household registration helps.

Make sure the document clearly states his place of birth and bring the original documents to the interview. These two items bit us during my fiancee's interview

Good luck!

When your fiancee went for the interview, what exactly she brought w/ her? did she bring her household registration and thai id and her visa was denied?

sighs.. the problem is his village is so far away from the town.... and he left that place more than 10 years ago.... not even sure if mom's still alive or not :( how would we find her??? omg... this stresses me out...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

When your fiancee went for the interview, what exactly she brought w/ her? did she bring her household registration and thai id and her visa was denied?

sighs.. the problem is his village is so far away from the town.... and he left that place more than 10 years ago.... not even sure if mom's still alive or not :( how would we find her??? omg... this stresses me out...

Keep in mind that each case is different. For some, having just the household and Thai ID were fine and they were approved. In our case, my fiance has her household registration and Thai ID at the interview, but we were missing these:

1. A page of a form was missing (with questions as to where she lived since she was 16 yrs old, etc).

2. She had forgotten the original document (first certificate of birth) from the Amphur. Also the copy of this document did not state her place of birth, very important.

3. We knew each other less than a year, short according to CO.

All these gave the CO some doubts and so my fiancee's interview was a bit harder than others.

After the interview she was given a yellow paper requesting the following:

"Please submit evidence of your place of birth. The certificate of birthplace(baay raprong gan kut) should state where you were born. Please submit the original certificate of birthplace, not a photocopy. You may also be able to provide certified copies of official documents from the time that you obtained Thai citizenship.

For further inguiries, please email to visabkk@state.gov."

She went home and got the requested document from the Amphur, went back to the embassy the following week and had her visa 2 days later.

You can email the embassy also and ask them if you have certain question. I have found that to be very helpful.

Please read the following topic that I started when we were going through this.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/327023-urgent-help-needed-regarding-birth-certificate/page__p__4878926__fromsearch__1#entry4878926

Hope this help and not cause you more worries.

Timeline

Keep in mind that each case is different. For some, having just the household and Thai ID were fine and they were approved. In our case, my fiance has her household registration and Thai ID at the interview, but we were missing these:

1. A page of a form was missing (with questions as to where she lived since she was 16 yrs old, etc).

2. She had forgotten the original document (first certificate of birth) from the Amphur. Also the copy of this document did not state her place of birth, very important.

3. We knew each other less than a year, short according to CO.

All these gave the CO some doubts and so my fiancee's interview was a bit harder than others.

After the interview she was given a yellow paper requesting the following:

"Please submit evidence of your place of birth. The certificate of birthplace(baay raprong gan kut) should state where you were born. Please submit the original certificate of birthplace, not a photocopy. You may also be able to provide certified copies of official documents from the time that you obtained Thai citizenship.

For further inguiries, please email to visabkk@state.gov."

She went home and got the requested document from the Amphur, went back to the embassy the following week and had her visa 2 days later.

You can email the embassy also and ask them if you have certain question. I have found that to be very helpful.

Please read the following topic that I started when we were going through this.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/327023-urgent-help-needed-regarding-birth-certificate/page__p__4878926__fromsearch__1#entry4878926

Hope this help and not cause you more worries.

Thank you so much for the information!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.