jhp

WAKE UP F2A FELLOW MEMBERS AND SEND THIS DRAFT

155 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Nice job. I'm hoping we will see some positive movement on next VB.

Really appreciated your efforts.

May God bless you.

i am surprised on last bulletin you were saying that due to us there was no interviews...you mentioned us (myself,kumbahara and other fellow friends) pandits...and you were blamming us for no interviews(but later nvc has issued interviews and you were proved wrong).....now change of heart...good to see you on right track... :thumbs:

Edited by jhp

WAITING FOR WIFE(LIFE).....STORY OF F2A

PD 23 dec 2010

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

i am surprised on last bulletin you were saying that due to us there was no interviews...you mentioned us (myself,kumbahara and other fellow friends) pandits...and you were blamming us for no interviews(but later nvc has issued interviews and you were proved wrong).....now change of heart...good to see you on right track... :thumbs:

I did not blammed any onelse! I just wanted confirm that emailing to high level bring us more complicated at our wait times. I do appreciated Kumbahara for raised the issues, in the same time i dont want one more retrogression.

APPROVED

Timeline

GUYS!!!

Check out this DoS website newly added for Fiscal year 2012, Im dissapointed::

http://www.travel.st...ical_Limits.pdf

FX:::::::65,950 visa will be released!!!!! but only

F2A::::::21,984

Edited by Ma^Kali

USCIS

PRIORITY DATE : FEBRUARY 3RD, 2010

CASE APPROVED ON SEPTEMBER 9TH, 2010

NVC

CASE COMPLETED ON DECEMBER 21ST, 2010

^^^VISA APPROVED ON JULY 3RD, 2012^^^

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

GUYS!!!

Check out this DoS website newly added for Fiscal year 2012, Im dissapointed::

http://www.travel.st...ical_Limits.pdf

FX:::::::65,950 visa will be released!!!!! but only

F2A::::::21,984

what is FX?? I think F2A suppose to get 88,000 visas per fiscal year? Please explain if you know

Spouse Priority Date: 10/15/2010

Case Completed: 08/30/2011

Interview Feb 06 2013

Timeline

what is FX?? I think F2A suppose to get 88,000 visas per fiscal year? Please explain if you know

FX and F2A are same but FX means F2A visas to which per country limit 7% does not apply while f2A is subject to per country limit....and total is 88000 visas...

PD 23 dec 2010

Timeline

FX and F2A are same but FX means F2A visas to which per country limit 7% does not apply while f2A is subject to per country limit....and total is 88000 visas...

Sorry Jhp, I didn't quite get it. If there are 50 applications from indian national, are they going to fall under 88,000 or 21,000 ?? I am just thinking of chances of getting IV.

Interview Feb 06 2013

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Sorry Jhp, I didn't quite get it. If there are 50 applications from indian national, are they going to fall under 88,000 or 21,000 ?? I am just thinking of chances of getting IV.

FX means f2a exempt per country limit. That's how Mexican get more visa than other country because they have more applicants prior to priority date.

APPROVED

Timeline

FX means f2a exempt per country limit. That's how Mexican get more visa than other country because they have more applicants prior to priority date.

FX means it wont discriminates applicants from different countries.....means if MR A from Maxico has PD on 23rd FEb 2009 and MR B from India has PD on 25th Feb 2009 then first visa will be given to Mr A from Maxico....

Under F2A, we all know Maxico has been declared over 7% limit so no visa will be given under f2a to maxico....and MR.B from India will be given visa and Mr A have to wait for FX...

Now a days majority of visas under FX has been issued to maxico and no visa is given to maxico under f2a...

PD 23 dec 2010

Timeline

FX means it wont discriminates applicants from different countries.....means if MR A from Maxico has PD on 23rd FEb 2009 and MR B from India has PD on 25th Feb 2009 then first visa will be given to Mr A from Maxico....

Under F2A, we all know Maxico has been declared over 7% limit so no visa will be given under f2a to maxico....and MR.B from India will be given visa and Mr A have to wait for FX...

Now a days majority of visas under FX has been issued to maxico and no visa is given to maxico under f2a...

Thank you for your explanation. I got it

Interview Feb 06 2013

Timeline

Nice job on posting the WH Petition.

Also, the recently introduced legislation from congresswoman Zoe Lofgren, that I had posted earlier H.R.3119 has important improvements to Family Based visas. Read it all here - http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c112:H.R.3119:#

There is a big effort from the folks who are on a similar effort rallying for Employment Based visas and since this bill does include legislative changes for both. So if there was ever a chance, something may get passed, this is the time I believe. The details and contacts of the legislators of the Judiciary committee who have to pass it is available in this thread - http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum85-action-items-for-everyone/2484855-iv-action-items-everyone-requested-to-participate-urgently.html#post2919661

If any you can personally write to some congressional members, below are their mailing address

Zoe Lofgren

1401 Longworth HOB

Washington, D.C. 20515

Lamar Smith

2409 Rayburn HOB

Washington, DC 20515

Jason Chaffetz

1032 Longworth HOB

Washington, D.C. 20515

John Cornyn

517 Hart Senate Office Bldg.

Washington, DC 20510

Charles Schumer

322 Hart Senate Office Building

Washington D.C. 20510

Patrick Leahy

437 Russell Senate Bldg

Washington, DC 20510

Here is the sample of letter that you may want to consider sending

Honorable Congressman/Congresswoman/Senator ----------

RE: WILL IMMIGRATION POLICIES TOWARDS LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENT’S (LPR) SPOUSES CHANGE?

At the outset, I would like to appreciate your efforts towards legislation for improving legal immigration. I am writing this mail as one of the many people whose lives have been affected by USCIS policies. One such aspect relates to visa retrogression due to more than 7% per country cap for F2A visa category (Spouse and children under 21 of LPR) leading to low demand countries having to wait 3+ years for a possible interview at consular posts or adjustment of status in U.S.

While a citizen's spouse is considered an immediate relative and have no numerical restriction on the visa number, the lesser mortals (LPR) have to wait for I130 petition to be approved, transferred to NVC (National Visa Center) and complete its process, wait for the priority date of the application to be current and furthermore the consular posts to schedule an interview, let alone any administrative processing or movement in cutoff date delay issuance of an F2A visa and cannot apply for a dependent visa in the interim wait period of 3+ years.

While year over year 88000 visas are added in a FY beginning Oct of each year, the DOS released visa bulletins show hardly any improvement from a regressed state of 2.5 to 3 yrs. on an average. The CIS Ombudsman reported in its annual report in 2010 of DOS/consulates wasting their visa counts year over year (http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/cisomb_2010_annual_report_to_congress.pdf ) and this helped movement of priority date till Dec 2010. Since then it has regressed back to its initial state of cutoff dates back to 2008 and with a new FY starting in Oct, inching to early 2009.

As a prominent figure in charge of immigration policies, I can only request you, on the behalf of many families of LPR that are separated for years to

1. Support and pass legislation H.R.3119 introduced by congresswoman Zoe Lofgren or add legislation that would help spouses of LPR to stay united.

2. Enable the current beneficiaries of F2a in the united states on different visas to be able to apply for adjustment of status (i-485), while they wait for their priority date to be current for adjudication.

3. Institute some transparency like the monthly demand statistics and visa issuance, in USCIS (through adjustment of status) or consular posts abroad for F2A, much like it is currently done for employment based categories (EB). Since these demand data are being proclaimed as the basis on which the visa bulletins are released, it would bring better clarity for beneficiaries if made public.

It is imperative, since unlike EB non immigrants, who are allowed to stay with their family using dependent visas like H4, LPR have no such dependent visas to enable family unity.If the policy is towards focusing on building a strong community whose backbone is family unity, I ask why such segregation for legal permanent residents? Are they not a part of the community committed to building stronger America? With a divided congress and spurs of anti-immigrant efforts against the undocumented, the LEGAL immigrant community has no policies that even provide basic support of a family that every legal alien should be entitled to.Would there be at least a different policy approach towards bringing more transparency and an immigrant friendly policy?

I appreciate your efforts and wish you all the best on your endeavors.

Thanks for your action.

A backlogged petitioner

Name here

------------------------

Timeline

Is this new bill going to effect anything to the current fiscal year ?? What are the impacts.

It will have an effect right away, but it has to clear the house judiciary committee prior to house and the senate, hence the need for members to call and/or write to the key members of the committees.

The impacts are quite clear

1. Wasted visas would be recaptured

2. Rolling visa added to current FY if any visas go wasted

3. W visa introduced for F2A with pending application > 180 days

4. Raising the numerical limit of per country from 7 to 15%

That is based on H.R.3119. Although it does not offer waiver from numerical limits, it is a step forward and would help reduce the backlog and/or processing times.

Also note - Mr. President has all the time been keen to suggest he cannot make any modifications unless the law changes and even with the petitions, the only items that would get its nod are these legislation. So it is essential that congressional members be made aware of these shortfalls in F2A from different fellow members from their perspectives, to have any considerable effect on the bill

Edited by kumbahara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

A Dollar to a penny, not at all.

We are currently n the midst of an election cycle.

And this bill to be serious would need bipartisan support, it is just for show.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

A Dollar to a penny, not at all.

We are currently n the midst of an election cycle.

And this bill to be serious would need bipartisan support, it is just for show.

I agree that It is show ..just happened in last year.

US CITIZENSHIP

12-20-2012: SENT N-400 APPLICATION

12-21-2012: RECEIVED N-400 APPLICATION

12-27-2012: CHECK CASHED

12-28-2012: NOA RECEIVED

01-08-2013: BIO-METRIC COMPLETED

01-14-2013: INTERVIEW IN LINE FOR SCHEDULED

04-10-2013: INTERVIEW SCHEDULE AT 7:30 AM, TAMPA OFFICE...APPROVED:)))

04-23-2013: OATH CEREMONY AT TAMPA 1 PM...FINALLY USC.....

Timeline

Thanks for the encouragement, people! There is a similar bill H.R.3112 introduced by Rep Chaffetz ®, co sponsored by chairman Lamar Smith ® although primarily aimed at EB legislation as opposed to HR 3119 from Zoe Lofgren (D).

So call it show, or a chance, its the only shot at any legislative changes. Of course change doesn't happen by inaction, for sure.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.