7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hello everyone:

I am preparing AOS package with my wife. My status-USC. My wife status: F1 visa, she is on OPT now. We live together in California. We are going to file I-131 with I-485 concurrently.

My questions are as following:

1. Part2-Application Type. Should I check Box A or D?

1a. Which status does my wife belongs to? Advanced Parole or Reentry permit

1b. Is she falls under advance parole category, should I skip to part 7? Or I need to fill all the parts (part3, part4.. all the way to the end)?

1c. I can leave section under box F all blank right? it asks for name, address etc

2. Fee required: $360 for reentry permit + $80 for Biometric fee

2a. Do we need to pay $80 Biometric fee? I-131 instruction specifies, "No biometric fee is required for advance parole application."

2b. I think we don't need to pay $360, since we file I-485 and I-131 concurrently.

3. Part5-Complete only if Applying Reentry Permit. this related back to 1a.

should I skip this section if she applies for advance parole?

4. Part7-Complete if only applying for Advance Parole

4a. what message should I say on a separate paper to show my wife qualify for a advance parole. what circumstances warrant issuance of advance parole?

4b. what type of documents i need to submit to support advance parole application

4c. If you know other posts and links similar to my case and have answers to my questions, please share with me.

5. Can My wife travel outside U.S. before I-131 is approved or she better waits for I-131

approval?

Thanks for your time and help!

Jeff

2-10-2011: married and received marriage certificate

7-29-2011: mailed out AOS package (I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131, I-693 and I-864)

8-3-2011: USCIS received AOS package

8-9-2011: Received Notice of Action letters

8-25-2011: Biometric appointment letter receive

9-19-2011: success walking in for biometric appointment

10-3-2011: Received EAD and AP combo card (issued on 9-30-2011)

10-3-2011: Received interview letter

11-3-2011: interview done at local immigration office

11-4-2011: email notification for application approval + GC production

It is Advance Parole and if she leaves before it is approved and IN HER HAND she will be denied reentry to the US and her AOS will be abandoned. For the other questions, please read the guides. They have samples. The forms themselves also have instructions.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

It is Advance Parole and if she leaves before it is approved and IN HER HAND she will be denied reentry to the US and her AOS will be abandoned. For the other questions, please read the guides. They have samples. The forms themselves also have instructions.

Hello Harpa: Thanks for answering my question 1a. I read the instructions and I came up with my questions. I hope get more help form the forum to answer rest of my questions.I wish everyone have a wonderful journey:)

Hello Harpa: Thanks for answering my question 1a. I read the instructions and I came up with my questions. I hope get more help form the forum to answer rest of my questions.I wish everyone have a wonderful journey:)

We also have same questions as OP. We are going to file I-131, I-485, I-130 and I-765 at the same time. Is the fee waived for I-131 if filed with other listed forms. Thanks for any info,

CaVan

Yes. The fee for I-765 is also waived when filed in conjunction with the I-485. Please read the guides, and also the instructions on the forms themselves say the same thing.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I assume you mean file I-130 and I-485 together, right? with the ancillary forms for EAD and AP on the I-485, yes?

the fees are waived for EAD and AP when the forms are filed concurrently with the I-485.

Unsure about your first question, alas.

re: travelling - Strongly suggest that she waits until having EITHER a greencard or an I-551 stamp in her passport, based on her current visa type and OPT status.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hello everyone:

I am preparing AOS package with my wife. My status-USC. My wife status: F1 visa, she is on OPT now. We live together in California. We are going to file I-131 with I-485 concurrently.

Thanks for all the replies. I found answers to my own questions.

My questions are as following:

1. Part2-Application Type. Should I check Box A or D?

you should check box D

1b. Is she falls under advance parole category, should I skip to part 7? Or I need to fill all the parts (part3, part4.. all the way to the end)?

you should skip to part7

1c. I can leave section under box F all blank right? it asks for name, address etc

you can leave the section blank

2. Fee required: $360 for reentry permit + $80 for Biometric fee

2a. Do we need to pay $80 Biometric fee? I-131 instruction specifies, "No biometric fee is required for advance parole application."

2b. I think we don't need to pay $360, since we file I-485 and I-131 concurrently.

If you file I-131 and I-485 concurrently, no need to pay I-131 application fee.

If you file I-131 under advance parole status, no need to pay Biometric fee.

3. Part5-Complete only if Applying Reentry Permit. this related back to 1a.

should I skip this section if she applies for advance parole?

under advance parole statue. you should skip part 5

4. Part7-Complete if only applying for Advance Parole

4a. what message should I say on a separate paper to show my wife qualify for a advance parole. what circumstances warrant issuance of advance parole?

4b. what type of documents i need to submit to support advance parole application

4c. If you know other posts and links similar to my case and have answers to my questions, please share with me.

4a. On a separate paper, I indicated that my wife is filing I-485, I-130 and I-131 concurrently. this make her quality for advance parole

4b. Copy of her visa page from the passport, I-20 form, marriage certificate

4c. Guideline for advance parole

Thanks again for the help. Wish you all have a pleasant journey!

Jeff

Edited by ocean201

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.