USColombia

Colombia Club Part III

443 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

i can totally understand why the people who have been approved in recent days have not needed to have the DAS letter, since it was JUST updated as far as I know last Friday the 17th of June. It is such a new requirement that even DAS doesn't know of it. Like someone else posted earlier, better safe than sorry. I am not sure up to what date of interview people will be required/not required to have it, i am sure some people will be 'grandfathered' in, and some won't. My fiance had appointment with DAS this morning and will be emailing copy of power of atty (which requires apostille from consulate in Embassy of Colombia closest to you) so i can send to E of C in San Francisco after i contact them to find out where i need to get fingerprinted. For all I know, after all is said and done, they won't even ask for this letter in interview, and/or they may require some other letter or proof of something before the interview date.

Edited by kevandjan

I do understand where you're coming from, however the update to the packet that mentions the petitioner getting the DAS letter is from April (note the file name for the packet PDF). Plenty of time for them to notice, I think. I don't blame you for playing it safe at all. I'm just pretty confident in my case, unless someone can talk me down, that we'll be fine without it.

Our visa journey

December 5th, 2009: Janeth and I meet online

January 3rd, 2011: Our one year anniversary as a couple!

January 11th, 2011: I-129f packet mailed out to USCIS Dallas Lockbox

January 12th, 2011: Packet arrives in Dallas

January 18th, 2011: $340 check cashed by USCIS

May 16th, 2011: NOA2 notice received via text message / on USCIS website!

May 20th, 2011: Paper copy of NOA2 received in the mail

May 24th, 2011: Application forwarded from NVC to U.S. Embassy in Bogota

July 29th, 2011: K-1 visa approved by U.S. Embassy in Bogota!!!

Timeline

We had our interview on 17 July and chose to pick up our visa at the Domesa office in Bogota as this seemed the fastest. Still no visa. My fiance went to the Domesa office today and they were very helpful and searched for an hour. Still not there. Should I be concerned?

We had our interview on 17 July and chose to pick up our visa at the Domesa office in Bogota as this seemed the fastest. Still no visa. My fiance went to the Domesa office today and they were very helpful and searched for an hour. Still not there. Should I be concerned?

I would think it should arrive any day now. My wife had to contact Diomesa in Barranquilla 10 days after the interview by telephone. They stated that they did not deliver packages to her barrio. On day 12, she received her package by walking to their office (in Downtown Barranquilla) and picking it up. I sounded like a shoestring operation with patrons waiting on the street sidewalk outside of their offices. This can be problematic since people get robbed throughout Colombia daily on the streets. Perhaps, you can check with the Embassy regarding the length of time it will take to ship your package to Diomesa in Bogota.

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

VISA ALERT!!!!

My wife went to her interview at Bogota and they said we did not have enough evidence to prove we are married! We have our son born there and he has a USA Passport. She has been on my IRS Tax return for 3 years with an ITIN Number. She even had a photo of me and my son on his birthday in March 2011. Of course, she uses my ATM card to take out money for their expenses there :bonk:

They want the DAS report for me, besides the one for her entry to and from Colombia. I've been there about 20 times and 19 were to see her! We will show more months of phone records and my wife wants to show me there when I helped supervise the construction and provided the funds for the new addition to her home!

Been to Colombia 17 times!

Timeline

VISA ALERT!!!!

My wife went to her interview at Bogota and they said we did not have enough evidence to prove we are married! We have our son born there and he has a USA Passport. She has been on my IRS Tax return for 3 years with an ITIN Number. She even had a photo of me and my son on his birthday in March 2011. Of course, she uses my ATM card to take out money for their expenses there :bonk:

They want the DAS report for me, besides the one for her entry to and from Colombia. I've been there about 20 times and 19 were to see her! We will show more months of phone records and my wife wants to show me there when I helped supervise the construction and provided the funds for the new addition to her home!

Proof of Marriage or proof of relationship?

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

on My WAY . THAT IS JUST CRAZY

did YOU MAKE ANOTHER APPOITMENT ?

The reson for denial was the DAS Migratory Report for the 2 of you or something else ?

Anybody on the Colombia CLub has Interview July 21?

Timeline

on My WAY . THAT IS JUST CRAZY

did YOU MAKE ANOTHER APPOITMENT ?

The reson for denial was the DAS Migratory Report for the 2 of you or something else ?

Anybody on the Colombia CLub has Interview July 21?

Hey felo, it wasn't me I was just responding.. Yeah crazy! That is why I am asking the question.. Are they really going to start pushing for the USC to get the DAS document or was there something else going on here? They have been together forever and have children - no way it was a simple "I don't think you are really a couple" so I was curious if it was something simple like he forgot the actual marriage documents or something along those lines..

... or was everything in order and they insisted on the DAS document?

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Quick question for anyone who's already been through it... how long after the embassy received packet 3 did you have to wait, more or less, to be assigned an interview date? I think I'm at a week now, although it could be less.

Our visa journey

Timeline

Wow i find that kind of hard to believe, that you would get denied based on the DAS report. I mean if the only information that is on this document are the entry and exits. Could we not use copy of the passports since they also contain entry and exit stamps?

USCIS: CR-1

02/8/2011: Sent I-130 via USPS

2/18/2011: Received hardcopy of NOA1

5/18/2011: Received hardcopy of NOA2

NVC:

5/23/2011: NVC received petition.

5/25/2011: Called NVC received BGT# & Invoice#, gave emails

5/27/2011: Received email, DS-3032, AOS fee invoice

5/28/2011: Sent DS-3032 by email, Paid AOS fee online.

6/02/2011: AOS fee shows as Paid online, printed coversheet & Sent AOS to NVC, Recieved DS-3032 confirmation by email.

6/03/2011: Received IV fee bill by email

6/04/2011: Paid IV fee online

6/07/2011: IV fee bill shows as paid online

6/08/2011: Sent DS-230 packet to NVC

6/09/2011: NVC received IV packet per USPS

6/22/2011: False RFE for IV packet

6/23/2011: SIF.

6/24/2011: Case Complete

8/01/2011: Interview date assigned.

9/16/2011: Interview

A-P-P-R-O-V-E-D

9/22/2011: CR1 Visa received.

Timeline

Quick question for anyone who's already been through it... how long after the embassy received packet 3 did you have to wait, more or less, to be assigned an interview date? I think I'm at a week now, although it could be less.

They received my packet 3 via fax on June 23,2011 and they sent out packet 4 with an interview date on June 28,2011. My interview date is July 29. Hope this helps.

Brandon

They received my packet 3 via fax on June 23,2011 and they sent out packet 4 with an interview date on June 28,2011. My interview date is July 29. Hope this helps.

Brandon

I just talked to the State Dept. visa line yesterday, and we have the same interview date, July 29th! :dance:

So I guess we'll see you guys there, in that case!

Our visa journey

Timeline

I just talked to the State Dept. visa line yesterday, and we have the same interview date, July 29th! :dance:

So I guess we'll see you guys there, in that case!

What number is it that you can call to get your interview date?

What number is it that you can call to get your interview date?

1-202-663-1225

Press 1 when you hear the recording, then press 0 when he says Main Menu.

Our visa journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.