USColombia

Colombia Club Part III

443 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

As Captain Ewok closed the other thread due to its size, I thought I would start the next one :thumbs:

I will try to call the embassy tomorrow to ask about the forms as well. Last week I had no luck and couldn't get a hold of someone during the 2 hour window.....

Unfortunately, I checked the link and my fiancee's number is not available for July :crying: . We are 65 and the numbers ended at 63.... So we have to wait another month.... Quick question: On the Spanish version of this thread, people are claiming that by calling the DOS at 202.663.1225, they can tell you your date. However, when I tried to call and ask they said it wasn't their job to know the dates, it's up to the embassy. I wouldn't see why they would know any way, but people seem convinced they have learned their interview dates through there. Maybe it's interviews for the green card portion of the visa journey?

Is there any hope of getting on the July list if someone decides to cancel their interview date?

Thanks!

As Captain Ewok closed the other thread due to its size, I thought I would start the next one :thumbs:

I will try to call the embassy tomorrow to ask about the forms as well. Last week I had no luck and couldn't get a hold of someone during the 2 hour window.....

Unfortunately, I checked the link and my fiancee's number is not available for July :crying: . We are 65 and the numbers ended at 63.... So we have to wait another month.... Quick question: On the Spanish version of this thread, people are claiming that by calling the DOS at 202.663.1225, they can tell you your date. However, when I tried to call and ask they said it wasn't their job to know the dates, it's up to the embassy. I wouldn't see why they would know any way, but people seem convinced they have learned their interview dates through there. Maybe it's interviews for the green card portion of the visa journey?

Is there any hope of getting on the July list if someone decides to cancel their interview date?

Thanks!

They post two versions of the list, A and B. For example, the June list they have up is the "final" version, and the file has the letter B in the title. This is just their A list for July, and I'm assuming that sometime between now and the 30th, they'll post the final list up. Now, I don't know what that holds for those of us who have 64 and 65 case numbers; I don't know how many new cases they add to the list for the B version. But there's still some hope of getting the interview in July.

I've been freaking out about it, but I reminded myself that at this point in the game, the absolute worst that could happen is our appointment being in August instead of July -- which wouldn't be horrible, since it'd give us an extra month to prepare. Still, I'd like to KNOW that and not have to call every other day till the end of the month.

Our visa journey

December 5th, 2009: Janeth and I meet online

January 3rd, 2011: Our one year anniversary as a couple!

January 11th, 2011: I-129f packet mailed out to USCIS Dallas Lockbox

January 12th, 2011: Packet arrives in Dallas

January 18th, 2011: $340 check cashed by USCIS

May 16th, 2011: NOA2 notice received via text message / on USCIS website!

May 20th, 2011: Paper copy of NOA2 received in the mail

May 24th, 2011: Application forwarded from NVC to U.S. Embassy in Bogota

July 29th, 2011: K-1 visa approved by U.S. Embassy in Bogota!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Great to see these threads again.

K1

1/22/07: I-129F sent to CSC

1/23/07: I-129F packet received and signed for at 9:45A.M.!!

1/29/07: NOA1

4/27/07: NOA2

5/01/07: NOA2 Hardcopy received

5/10/07: Approval arrives at NVC

5/14/07: Leaves NVC

5/17/07: Arrives at Bogota, Colombia

5/18/07: Packet 3 faxed to Embassy

5/22/07: Packet 3 sent via courier

5/30/07: Wendy receives packet 3 (Good thing we used the shortcut)

6/04/07: Packet 4 received

7/03/07: Medical appt. scheduled

7/05/07: Interview!!!! VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

7/09/07: Visa in hand!!!

7/11/07: Point of Entry at LAX, complete success!!!!!!!!!!

7/24/07: Married!!!

AOS & EAD

07/27/07: Filed for AOS & EAD

08/02/07: Arrives at Chicago

09/10/07: NOA1

09/11/07: Social Security card in hand

10/12/07: Biometrics appointment

10/25/07: EAD Approved

01/23/08: Interview = APPROVED

02/02/08: Green Card received...10 day turn around, not bad!!!

Removing Conditions

11/12/09: Mailed to CSC!

11/13/09: Arrives at CSC!

11/16/09: NOA1

11/18/09: Check Cashed!

12/14/09: Biometrics

01/07/10: Card Production Ordered (APPROVED)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Since there has been so much confusion about the DAS certificate, someone in the Spanish Colombian K1 thread emailed the US Embassy in Bogotá and this is what they replied:

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, June 20, 2011 11:33 AM

To: IV, Bogota

Subject: PREGUNTA Caso No.XXXXXXXXX

De: IV, Bogota [mailto:IVBogota@state.gov]

Enviado el: martes, 21 de junio de 2011 10:55 a.m.

Señora XXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

Buenas dias, la carta del DAS de entradas y salidas del país es para el aplicante de visa y si el cónsul el dia de la entrevista quiere ver las entradas y salidas de su prometido se la puede solicitar, si usted la quiere presentar el dia de su cita la puede traer.

Sinceramente,

IV Unit

CB

So in summary, the DAS certificate for the petitioner is not a required document, it's optional. This has always been the case and in all honesty, out of all the people here on VJ who have already gotten their visas, I've only read about the CO requesting this document 2 or 3 times, tops.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Since there has been so much confusion about the DAS certificate, someone in the Spanish Colombian K1 thread emailed the US Embassy in Bogotá and this is what they replied:

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, June 20, 2011 11:33 AM

To: IV, Bogota

Subject: PREGUNTA Caso No.XXXXXXXXX

De: IV, Bogota [mailto:IVBogota@state.gov]

Enviado el: martes, 21 de junio de 2011 10:55 a.m.

Señora XXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

Buenas dias, la carta del DAS de entradas y salidas del país es para el aplicante de visa y si el cónsul el dia de la entrevista quiere ver las entradas y salidas de su prometido se la puede solicitar, si usted la quiere presentar el dia de su cita la puede traer.

Sinceramente,

IV Unit

CB

So in summary, the DAS certificate for the petitioner is not a required document, it's optional. This has always been the case and in all honesty, out of all the people here on VJ who have already gotten their visas, I've only read about the CO requesting this document 2 or 3 times, tops.

Diana

Ah qué chévere... when I asked the same question in English they didn't seem to understand me, and just gave me a link to the DAS website. I guess I should have asked in Spanish, ha. Thanks for the information!

Our visa journey

I will say why risk it if we can get it get it Rigth?

My wife Just ask for my today

Hopefully she will get it before July 14 wend she travels to BOGOTA.

ALl the best to all

Well i have a question for the colombian senior members.

Im going to try schedule my Wife and stepdaugther docotor and lab apoitments for the 15 of JUly

My wife dont have her vacination records / Stepdaugther Have hers

Shold we do this in this order?

1) LAB

2) DOCtor

3) Ask Doctor for the vacinations and were she can get them in BGT CO

Please that part of my wife vacination worry me . I imagine that the doctor will tell her wish ones to get .

Any avice place

Edited by felo391971

Saludos mis amigos COLOMBIANOS!

I'm subscribing to this thread - Good luck with "The Process" everyone! :thumbs:

-Ken

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Can anyone help me...i'm kind of confused. I've filled the I-864 package and sent it to the NVC. I'm gathering info about the interview in the U.S. embassy in bogota web page and it says that every applicant should fill out the I-134 at the embassy. Do i have to fill out the I-134 even though i filled the I-864???

Edwin A Rodriguez

Timeline

Well i have a question for the colombian senior members.

Im going to try schedule my Wife and stepdaugther docotor and lab apoitments for the 15 of JUly

My wife dont have her vacination records / Stepdaugther Have hers

Shold we do this in this order?

1) LAB

2) DOCtor

3) Ask Doctor for the vacinations and were she can get them in BGT CO

Please that part of my wife vacination worry me . I imagine that the doctor will tell her wish ones to get .

Any avice place

felo391971,

There are two different schools of thought when it comes to the necessary vaccines. Some choose to get them at their local Red Cross or through their EPS (health insurance) because some times they're less expensive if you get them that way. Others choose get them at the doctor's office during their medical and some times they're more expensive than getting them at the Red Cross, and some times they cost the same. So it's up to you. If the beneficiaries want to get them before the medical, make sure they get them 1-2 weeks before or the doctor may say that the shots are "too old". We all know that vaccinations that were given a couple of weeks before a medical are not old, but some times they want to get more money out of people and they'll pull out that excuse to give them a second, unnecessary shot. Remember, the only vaccines needed to get a visa at the US embassy are: MMR, TD and varicela if the beneficiary has never had it before. That's it. So don't get anything else.

As far as the lab goes, most people (if not all), get their lab tests done early in the morning and then go to their medical in the afternoon. This way, it gives the lab a chance to deliver the lab results to the doctor's office. You don't need to make an appointment with the lab, just show up early, at around 6:30am when lines start forming before they open at 7am.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

Can anyone help me...i'm kind of confused. I've filled the I-864 package and sent it to the NVC. I'm gathering info about the interview in the U.S. embassy in bogota web page and it says that every applicant should fill out the I-134 at the embassy. Do i have to fill out the I-134 even though i filled the I-864???

xponchox,

No, the I-134 is only needed for K visas, not CR/IR visas. After everything has been sent to the NVC, I-864 with income info and DS-230 with civil documents, the only two documents the beneficiary needs to get are the DAS certificate (migratory movement certificate) which will be sealed and the baptism certificate or affidavit if this document is not available. That's it.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

I just called the Embassy and I was told that they had not received Packet 3 from us yet. You know how a day to God is like a thousand years? Well, "next day" to Deprisa is at least two weeks. Anyway, the lady I spoke to on the phone said it would be better to send packet 3 either by fax or email, and I REALLY wish we had just sent it by email to begin with. My question, though, is whether it's safe to send it again via other means, in case the mail gets to them sometime before the apocalypse next year? The packet says it will delay visa processing, but is that just something they say to avoid people sending them by fax, email, and regular mail all at the same time or something?

Our visa journey

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I just called the Embassy and I was told that they had not received Packet 3 from us yet. You know how a day to God is like a thousand years? Well, "next day" to Deprisa is at least two weeks. Anyway, the lady I spoke to on the phone said it would be better to send packet 3 either by fax or email, and I REALLY wish we had just sent it by email to begin with. My question, though, is whether it's safe to send it again via other means, in case the mail gets to them sometime before the apocalypse next year? The packet says it will delay visa processing, but is that just something they say to avoid people sending them by fax, email, and regular mail all at the same time or something?

I recommend scanning the forms and sending by email. Request a read receipt so you know they opened it. In your email, include all the relevant data: BGT Case #, Beneficiary and Petitioner Names and DOBs, and include a note saying that it has been previously submitted via regular mail on (whatever date it was sent.) I'm sure it won't cause problems and with the email, you will know in relatively short order that your P3 was accepted. Just make sure the forms match exactly. The only thing I could see causing a problem is if there is a discrepancy between the two sets submitted.

Good luck!

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

I recommend scanning the forms and sending by email. Request a read receipt so you know they opened it. In your email, include all the relevant data: BGT Case #, Beneficiary and Petitioner Names and DOBs, and include a note saying that it has been previously submitted via regular mail on (whatever date it was sent.) I'm sure it won't cause problems and with the email, you will know in relatively short order that your P3 was accepted. Just make sure the forms match exactly. The only thing I could see causing a problem is if there is a discrepancy between the two sets submitted.

Good luck!

Thanks! That's exactly what I'm going to suggest to Janeth that we do. If she can't get to a scanner, we'll just fax it I guess. I should have gone with email all along, seeing as how they respond to all their emails in less than a day.

Our visa journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.