17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife arrived from the Philippines in the end of November( she was my fiance at the time)She was given a letter when she arrived in Detroit stating that she needed to contact the local health dept and have a follow up apt with in 7 days. Well we did that kept all follow up apts. Filed for adjustment of status and received a letter from USCIS stating that they don't have proof that she went to the clinic as required. I called and asked exactly what they want for proof and after the woman parroting the letter back to me several times, she told me to have the doctor at the clinic fill out a I-693 ( not sure if that is the number off hand but its the same one the civil surgeon fills out. Well the idiot at the clinic is refusing to fill out the form because he is not a civil surgeon. So my question is what do we need to prove to USCIS that she kept her apt as necessary and dose not have active TB and how do we go about getting it?

Maybe get records from the health dept to prove you went, go to a CS and do the I-693 (vaccine records etc..) and then submit both? That is what I would do..

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

He is not idiot, he just not a civil surgeon and can not fill out that form. Just have him give you some thing to the fact that you have been to all the appointments on a health Dept letterhead. Has she been taking any meds. From the health dept?

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

From my experience, this situation is highly irregular. If an intending immigrant tests positive for TB, they will not be issued a US Visa.

That said, USCIS only recognizes the overseas medical documentation or transcribed documents from a Civil Surgeon (CS).

Given this complication, I suggest you contact a local Civil Surgeon for a TB test with positive results, which you can then serve up to USCIS in response to the apparent Request for Evidence (RFE).

From my experience, this situation is highly irregular. If an intending immigrant tests positive for TB, they will not be issued a US Visa.

That said, USCIS only recognizes the overseas medical documentation or transcribed documents from a Civil Surgeon (CS).

Given this complication, I suggest you contact a local Civil Surgeon for a TB test with positive results, which you can then serve up to USCIS in response to the apparent Request for Evidence (RFE).

True! If active Mycobacterium tuberculosis But one can acquire the visa with Latent TB non active, this is most likely reason why she had to follow up at the health dept, perhaps she had a positive reaction to the TST or something on an x-ray in the PI hard to say at this point, with out more info from OP.

Edited by sjr09

Take a look at the OP's topic Class B1 TB and AOS

CDC TB classification for immigrants and refugees

B1 - TB, clinically active, not infectious Active TB Negative Report to local health department for further medical evaluation within 30 days of arrival in U.S.

True! If active Mycobacterium tuberculosis But one can acquire the visa with Latent TB non active, this is most likely reason why she had to follow up at the health dept, perhaps she had a positive reaction to the TST or something on an x-ray in the PI hard to say at this point, with out more info from OP.

Edited by sjr09

Timeline

He is not idiot, he just not a civil surgeon and can not fill out that form. Just have him give you some thing to the fact that you have been to all the appointments on a health Dept letterhead. Has she been taking any meds. From the health dept?

then why did the person i talked to at the USCIS tell me to have him fill out the form even though I told them he was not a civil surgeon

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/tb-ti-civil.pdf

Page 22 has the chart for the CS to go by if the immigrant has TB. Class A TB is the only one that would stop AOS.

Naturalization
July 7, 2014 - N400 packet sent out
July 8, 2014 - N400 packet delivered
July 16, 2014 - Received I-797 in mail
July 25, 2014 - Received the Biometrics notification
August 8, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment
August 12, 2014 - In line for interview scheduling

December 8, 2014 - Text Notification for Interview Scheduled

December 11, 2014 - Received the Interview Letter

January 14, 2015 - Interview(Passed!!!)

February 6, 2015 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

there was some thing on the x-ray. She had to undergo 90 days of testing to make sure she didn't have active TB. The doctor at the clinic in the US couldn't find any thing on the x ray and ordered a cat scan and after that his conclusion was she may have had TB at some point but didn't have any thing active.

then why did the person i talked to at the USCIS tell me to have him fill out the form even though I told them he was not a civil surgeon

USCIS low level personal often give out wrong info.

there was some thing on the x-ray. She had to undergo 90 days of testing to make sure she didn't have active TB. The doctor at the clinic in the US couldn't find any thing on the x ray and ordered a cat scan and after that his conclusion was she may have had TB at some point but didn't have any thing active.

Did they prescribe Isoniazid or Rifampin?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My step daugter had the same thing. She exceeded whatever the size of the red mark is for her TB tine test. At POE she was told to contact the local health department. We did all that and the health department put her on medication, (Isoniazid), for nine months. Every month she would go to the health department for a blood test and her next months pills.

When we applied for AOS, we provided the form from the local health department with our package. It was not a I693, but it was a boiler plate form they use for employee physicals. Basically stated that my step daughter was being treated by them, and what the start and completion dates of the treatment were.

Never got an RFE and it never came up at the AOS interview.

Were I you, I would get whatever form your local health department uses, and write a stort statement as to why you cannot provide a I-693.

Good luck.

Edited by DaveE111

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This wasn't a problem for me.

I went the AOS route from H1-B in the late '90s. I tested positive for TB and had a latent infection. I did my 6 months of Isoniasid (no idea on the correct spelling here) and then received a letter from the county health that I had completed that course. They told me that I would forever fail the skin tests and should just show anyone who asks the letter. It certainly didn't do anything to derail my AOS. The civil surgeon I went to didn't even bat an eyelid at this. Just said that if I was doing what the county health dept wanted then no problem.

Alex.

that's nice to know

they put her on Rifampin but took her off when she got pregnant

Congratulation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.