NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well! :D Since we have several people here who will be doing the next steps, can someone verify what things we need for the actual packet 3, 4, and what we need to bring to the interview?

I know it's different for every country, and I've been in contact with people for Thailand (and I think they hate me because I keep asking stupid questions).

And Sabrina said we need DS 156K, DS 156, and DS 157.

I'm pretty sure everyone also needs these things:

1. A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one).

2. Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy.

3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F).

4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is signed, with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.

5. You will likely need at a minimum (for the above form) two to three of your most recent pay stubs and a signed letter from your employer listing you job title, start date, your salary, and the status (full-time) of your position. Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. You will also probably want to include other evidence such as your banking information and other assets as required by the I-134. Specifically you will need at least 2 of the 4 options mentioned in Section II-Supporting Evidence of the I-134. See this FAQ for more tips and ueful information on the Affidavit of Support Form.

6. A copy of the NOA2 that you received in the mail.

7. Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, etc from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 date-now).

And I got this list specifically for packet 3 Thailand from this website:

-Instruction for “K” Visa Applicants (checklist) (PDF - 197 kb)

-I-134 Affidavit of Support (PDF - 113 kb)

-Medical Exam Documents: Medical Forms (PDF - 95 kb), Medical Instruction (PDF - 354 kb)

-Special Instructions for Thai Applicants (PDF - 49 kb) This is the police certificate

-Photograph Requirements (PDF - 1.41 mb)

And what is packet 4????

Is there anything that I'm missing? Let me know what you all think. I'm so confused. :wacko:

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview
Interview date: 12/14/11 APPROVED!
POE: 12/16/11
Total days from NOA1 to K-1 Visa in hand: 202
Wedding Date: 12/27/11

AOS
Sent AOS: 4/21/12
NOA1: 4/30/12
RFE: 5/14/12
Biometrics App.: 5/21/12
Sent RFE Response: 5/31/12
Interview: 7/24/12
Approval: 10/12/12

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello beautiful people!!! Haven't been here in awhile and I missed you all! Been busy with kids, their first monthly exam is tomorrow and we've been studying for 2 weeks now. And they starting to complain already! :no: Told them, they'll thank Mama later once they get high scores in their exam.

My boo is getting better and stronger everyday. Thank God. So he's back to being makulit. I see SouthCal, Ray, NelKel got their NOA2! Congratulations guys!!! :dance: You guys are making me nervous though. :lol: I checked our case via USCIS website and we were touched today (7/19/2011) I hope we'll have some good news soon... :)

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It is for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It is for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."

-Anonymous

Timeline

Hey Nicole!!! I had a great time chatting with you the last time. Thanks for making me feel better Lil sissy. But I had a horrible dream AGAIN, with USCIS. :lol: I received a call from them to let me know that our application was denied due to my father being an American. The person I talked to instructed me to work on my citizenship asap and I WILL NEVER BE ENTITLED FOR A FIANCE VISA!!! Omg! I woke up in tears!!! :( We got touched today for the first time. And I'm nervous. Hopefully, we'll get the approval next and not RFE or denial... :crying:

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It is for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It is for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."

-Anonymous

Timeline

Well! :D Since we have several people here who will be doing the next steps, can someone verify what things we need for the actual packet 3, 4, and what we need to bring to the interview?

I know it's different for every country, and I've been in contact with people for Thailand (and I think they hate me because I keep asking stupid questions).

And Sabrina said we need DS 156K, DS 156, and DS 157.

I'm pretty sure everyone also needs these things:

And I got this list specifically for packet 3 Thailand from this website:

-Instruction for "K" Visa Applicants (checklist) (PDF - 197 kb)

-I-134 Affidavit of Support (PDF - 113 kb)

-Medical Exam Documents: Medical Forms (PDF - 95 kb), Medical Instruction (PDF - 354 kb)

-Special Instructions for Thai Applicants (PDF - 49 kb) This is the police certificate

-Photograph Requirements (PDF - 1.41 mb)

And what is packet 4????

Is there anything that I'm missing? Let me know what you all think. I'm so confused. :wacko:

You Pretty Much got everything covered as far as I can see...but the DS forms Sabrina told you is correct but its slightly diferent for Thailand Embassy, that I couldnt tell you about but You seem to have everything covered!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Hello beautiful people!!! Haven't been here in awhile and I missed you all! Been busy with kids, their first monthly exam is tomorrow and we've been studying for 2 weeks now. And they starting to complain already! :no: Told them, they'll thank Mama later once they get high scores in their exam.

My boo is getting better and stronger everyday. Thank God. So he's back to being makulit. I see SouthCal, Ray, NelKel got their NOA2! Congratulations guys!!! :dance: You guys are making me nervous though. :lol: I checked our case via USCIS website and we were touched today (7/19/2011) I hope we'll have some good news soon... :)

Hello Britt, good to see Dee is doing ok, and your Kids doing great!:yes:Thanks for the Congrats! Now another waiting time but at least hopefully this wait wont be as long :whistle:Take care of yourself and the Kids and also "Dee"!! Good Luck! you been touched, good thing hopefully!:thumbs:

How exciting!! Congratulations!!

Thank You!:thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Hey Nicole!!! I had a great time chatting with you the last time. Thanks for making me feel better Lil sissy. But I had a horrible dream AGAIN, with USCIS. :lol: I received a call from them to let me know that our application was denied due to my father being an American. The person I talked to instructed me to work on my citizenship asap and I WILL NEVER BE ENTITLED FOR A FIANCE VISA!!! Omg! I woke up in tears!!! :( We got touched today for the first time. And I'm nervous. Hopefully, we'll get the approval next and not RFE or denial... :crying:

I still think you'll just get an RFE....if anything.... >< I'll pray for you Ate Britt.... :yes:

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview

AOS

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

Timeline

Hello May Filers,I got my hard copy NOA2 in the mail today. It only took 2 days from Email/Txt on the 18th until today the 20th here. BUT.......It also helped that i live in California and "CSC" is in Laguna Niguel California, About an hours drive from me by the Ocean. So 2 days to get?:whistle:Im sure me living close had something to do with how Quick I got it and also to do the background checks here in State maybe?:yes: Also the FBI and other Checks took longer.Im waiting to hear from More May filers!!! NOA2 on You guys way!!!:dance::dance::dance:::dance::dance:

Edited by southcalhog

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Hello May Filers,I got my hard copy NOA2 in the mail today. It only took 2 days from Email/Txt on the 18th until today the 20th here. BUT.......It also helped that i live in California and "CSC" is in Laguna Niguel California, About an hours drive from me by the Ocean. So 2 days to get?:whistle:Im sure me living close had something to do with how Quick I got it and also to do the background checks here in State maybe?:yes: Also the FBI and other Checks took longer.Im waiting to hear from More May filers!!! NOA2 on You guys way!!!:dance::dance::dance:::dance::dance:

[/quot

hi southcalhog! i heared NVC is taking too long giving out case number :wacko: i hope they work on it.

Timeline

I hope the NVC is fixed by the time we get ours....hopefully Ray gets his case transfered to Manila soon. ><

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview

AOS

Timeline

YES Nelkel that what i heard also! they backlogged! we just wait. I called them today and just for my own satisfaction and talked to an Operator.I gave her my WAC case number and she told me its not there yet. I figured that anyway its only been 2 days.:whistle:She told me to call back on friday of next week.I told her ok yes I will.BUT...I will call everyday just to see.I told Grace a lil while ago to get ready to Fly to Manila for her medical soon.I have the NOA 2 today in the Mail! only took 2 days since I am in California. I will scan the NOA 2 and give her case Number and she can take the medical with the other things she need to bring there.:thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

I hope the NVC is fixed by the time we get ours....hopefully Ray gets his case transfered to Manila soon. ><

YES Nicolette I am sure it will be fixed soon. Also i hope my buddy Ray_J get to Manila soon!!!! hes been waiting awhile now!:thumbs:Ray_J we hoping you get that case Transfered soon!!! GOOD LUCK to You and Amy....Nicolette :thumbs: and ICE!:yes:And ALL May 2011 Filers!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs:

Edited by southcalhog

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

YES Nelkel that what i heard also! they backlogged! we just wait. I called them today and just for my own satisfaction and talked to an Operator.I gave her my WAC case number and she told me its not there yet. I figured that anyway its only been 2 days.:whistle:She told me to call back on friday of next week.I told her ok yes I will.BUT...I will call everyday just to see.I told Grace a lil while ago to get ready to Fly to Manila for her medical soon.I have the NOA 2 today in the Mail! only took 2 days since I am in California. I will scan the NOA 2 and give her case Number and she can take the medical with the other things she need to bring there.:thumbs:

She won't be able to get her medical done until you two have you MNL number from the NVC. It's good that you scanned your NOA2. PDF format is the preferable form for emailing it to the NVC. Call as much as you wish, but give them 15 business days before you send the email copy of your NOA2. When you do send the email, make sure you have your USCIS receipt number in the subject line. There's no time frame given to the operators of when the research will be complete, but I had one tell me to give them a couple of weeks to complete their research. Apparently, when you email your NOA2 to nvcresearch@state.gov the email gets bounced from department to department looking for the file.

Current Status: Married on March 3, 2012. Preparing for AOS.

01-07-11 Met in person for the first time

04-04-11 I-129F sent via USPS Priority Mail

04-06-11 Delivered to Dallas Lockbox - signed for by J. Arthur

04-08-11 NOA1 sent to me, Check cashed, Case transferred to the California Service Center

04-11-11 Touched, Received e-notification via text message of NOA1 (at 12:30 am?!?!?)

04-15-11 Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail. Notice date 4/8/11.

06-24-11 Touched, Email and text - NOA2 approved in 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days (77 days total)!!!

07-01-11 NOA2 hardcopy received

07-27-11 NVC receive - FINALLY!

07-29-11 NVC depart to Manila

10-13-11 Medical exam at St. Luke's Medical Center (Day 1)

10-17-11 Medical exam at St. Luke's Medical Center (Day 2)

10-18-11 Embassy interview - APPROVED!!

12-30-11 POE Chicago

03-03-12 Wedding Day!!

Timeline

Thanks, Tom!

Ugh this has nothing to do with k-1, but I'm kind of sad cause on the last weekend in July, Ice has to go for a school trip up into the mountains of Thailand where there is no cellphone or technology.... have never gone that long without talking to him... I'm gonna drive myself insane those days... :( Anyone wanna sleepover? :D LOL

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.