CyberSamurai013

Sending money to relatives

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My in-laws live in Omsk, Russia and as my woman moves here I want to have something in place to easily send money to her family when needed. What is the best way to do this? I thought a card through a bank and a wire transfer, any thoughts?

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

The best way seems to be an ATM card that accesses an account you set up here in the States.

You deposit money at your local bank, she takes it out in Omsk. Easy as pirazhok.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

The best way seems to be an ATM card that accesses an account you set up here in the States.

You deposit money at your local bank, she takes it out in Omsk. Easy as pirazhok.

Damn good idea bro, thank you!

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I setup an account here at my Credit Union, and mailed the ATM card to my wife before she came over.

This is a re-post of mine from a prior thread:

I told my Credit Union that this account was to be used only when I travel to Ukraine, to help separate my expenses. They put a note on the system, and it was never questioned, and over 3 years I have never had a problem with the card, except that it did expire and I recently had to send a replacement to Iryna's mother.

I pay no ATM fees, no transaction fees, and the account is free with a $1 minimum balance. I also get at or near the exact daily conversion rate. Again, this is through a Credit Union. I am sure a standard bank will find many ways to get ATM fees, transaction fees, and currency conversion fees from you, although it would still be much cheaper and more convenient than wiring or Western Union, etc. I do get charged $1 per transaction over 5 withdrawals per month, but that's only happened once or twice. And even if someone stole the card and somehow knew or guessed the PIN, I never keep more than a few hundred dollars in the account, as I transfer the money into it free over the web on an as-needed basis.

Ирина и Скотт (Iryna and Scott)

Feb 25, 2008 - Sent K-1 petition to VSC

Feb 25, 2008 - Received NOA1

May 30, 2008 - Received NOA2! Woo-hoo!

Jul 18, 2008 - Interviewed in Kiev. Everything went well!

Jul 24, 2008 - Visa received. Yippee!

Jul 31, 2008 - Visited my girl, and we spent my birthday in Odessa!

Aug 05, 2008 - We both arrive in America. Hooray!

Oct 31, 2008 - Married!

Timeline

I setup an account here at my Credit Union, and mailed the ATM card to my wife before she came over.

This is a re-post of mine from a prior thread:

Awesome!!! I have 2 credit unions I use, including USAA (Veteran) so I might use them. Thanks guys!!!

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Awesome!!! I have 2 credit unions I use, including USAA (Veteran) so I might use them. Thanks guys!!!

Another easy was is online via Western Union.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Another easy was is online via Western Union.

I am a dummy sometimes. I have a USAA Checking account complete with card that I don't use lol. I just added money and am mailing the card :)

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

I am a dummy sometimes. I have a USAA Checking account complete with card that I don't use lol. I just added money and am mailing the card :)

Be wary though because some banks like Wells Fargo will cut a card off if it's being used in a RUB country. Whenever I travel to Belarus I call and let them know the dates I'l be there so they don't cut my card off when they see it's being used over there. Some banks consider the RUB country's a "high scam" risk.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Be careful. A card is easy to spot, and may "disappear" in transit. I send mine "registered mail", and I always sandwich it between a couple photos to hide it from the X-ray / prying eyes...

Oct 31, 2008 - Married!

Timeline

Be wary though because some banks like Wells Fargo will cut a card off if it's being used in a RUB country. Whenever I travel to Belarus I call and let them know the dates I'l be there so they don't cut my card off when they see it's being used over there. Some banks consider the RUB country's a "high scam" risk.

When I opened the account, I specifically told my Credit Union that I will be using this account when I travel to Ukraine, and that it will be used almost exclusively from there. They noted this in the system, and in over 3 years, this has never been an issue for me.

Oct 31, 2008 - Married!

When I opened the account, I specifically told my Credit Union that I will be using this account when I travel to Ukraine, and that it will be used almost exclusively from there. They noted this in the system, and in over 3 years, this has never been an issue for me.

:thumbs::)

sigbet.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

OH Shi.......! What was the Topic. I was watching the Video!

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

OH Shi.......! What was the Topic. I was watching the Video!

Little story with that vid. The first night in Belarus (first trip there), and I woke up early and went to the kitchen in my birthday suite (middle of May) to make coffee, I turned on the TV in said kitchen and that vid was the first thing I saw (MTV). After the vid I probably had a woody because when I looked out the window (4th floor) I saw all these faces staring back at me...that's when I discovered there was a university right across the street from the apt. I had rented. *note to self, shut the curtains in the kitchen before you go to bed :blush:

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Little story with that vid. The first night in Belarus (first trip there), and I woke up early and went to the kitchen in my birthday suite (middle of May) to make coffee, I turned on the TV in said kitchen and that vid was the first thing I saw (MTV). After the vid I probably had a woody because when I looked out the window (4th floor) I saw all these faces staring back at me...that's when I discovered there was a university right across the street from the apt. I had rented. *note to self, shut the curtains in the kitchen before you go to bed :blush:

HHhahahahhaaa. I just kinda laughed to myself. I was reading the post about sending money and the next thing I knew I was watching the video and forgot about the post all together. We need to smile sometimes. Loved the Video. :wow:

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Damn good idea bro, thank you!

We do this for our son who goes to school in Mosocw, but it is his account and he notifies the credit union that he will be in Russia for 10 months. Your wife could set up an account and get them an ATM card, but I am not sure the bank or credit union will allow it unless it is THEIR account.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.