Carina83

AOS interview cancelled!! What to do?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I know this thread is already a few years old... but my husband and my interview was cancelled yesterday and I googled if other people had the same thing happen to them and found this.

Our first interview was for Dec. 6 2010. But of course out of the WHOLE year, they chose the date when my husband and I went to Hawaii for our late honeymoon. So we rescheduled the interview (unfortunately!!) Anyway, they told us it would take up to 90 days to get a new interview date. They waited 28 (!!) days to give us the new date! Nice! Drag it out!!

So our new date was set on March 28 2011. I was so excited!!! I called my parents in Germany, emailed all my friends, etc.

But then yesterday we had this letter in the mail that our interview was cancelled, unforseen circumstances, blah! I'm really worried!! :( Especially since I've read on here that people didn't go to the cancelled interview (of course) and that their application was cancelled!!!

I'm really nervous and don't know what to do? Should I go to the original interview date? Should we wait and see when we get the rescheduled date?

Did anyone go to the original date and actually HAD the interview that day also?

Please, any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

Edited by Carina83

Hi, Carina.

I recommend you to make a new thread. You will get some advice there.

<AOS>

11/20 (DAY 0): sent I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 (USPS priority mail)

11/22 (DAY 2): delivered

12/2 (DAY 12): received NOA (e-mai)

12/3 (DAY 13): touched (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/6 (DAY 16): received NOA (hard copy)

12/14 (DAY 24): received biometric appointment letter (schedule: 01/04/2011)

12/23 (DAY 33): biometric done (walk-in)

1/10 (DAY 51): received interview appointment letter (issued: 01/05/2011) (schedule: 02/08/2011)

2/7 (DAY 79): received e-mail for EAD (production) and AP (post decision)

2/8 (DAY 80): interview

2/10 (DAY82): received RFE for I-485 (issued: 02/08/2011, due date: 03/09/2011)

2/11 (DAY83): sent the documentation for RFE

2/12 (DAY84): received AP

2/14 (DAY86): received approval letter for I-130 (issued: 02/09/2011)

2/16 (DAY88): received EAD

2/23 (DAY95): called USCIS (Useless)

3/2 (DAY102): infopass in the morning (The officer told me my case became post decision activity in their internal sysyem on Mar. 1st.) received e-mail in the afternoon, GC production order.

3/7 (DAY107): received WELCOME LETTER

3/11 (DAY111): received GC

<ROC>

12/4 (DAY 0): sent I-751 (USPS priority mail)

12/6 (DAY 2): delivered

12/7 (DAY 3): NOA

12/12 (DAY 8): received NOA (hard copy)

12/17 (DAY 13): received biometric appointment letter (schedule: 01/04/2013)

12/18 (DAY 14): biometric done (walk-in) due to travel schedule

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Posts split off from old thread to make its own topic as the best way for the OP to get specific advice

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Unless there is a very compelling reason [like it's a 10 hour drive each way, or something], I would go to the cancelled interview just in case. Apparently the cancellation letters are sent out by a centralized system and the local offices aren't always even aware of them.

If there's even a 10% chance that going anyways will save you some MAJOR headaches, it's almost certainly worth it, when you consider just how bad immigration headaches can become.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

I read yesterday of three different interviews cancelled in LA. Two were for March 30 and the other just said "end of the month." Wondering if Carina83 is also in LA.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

That's weird. Yes, I'm also in the LA area. I wonder what's going on??

Did they overbook themselves with too many interviews and realized now they couldn't handle that many on the same day?

Anyway, yeah I think we'll just go to the cancelled one. If they'll sent us back home, oh well... I'm not taking any chances anymore!

That's weird. Yes, I'm also in the LA area. I wonder what's going on??

Did they overbook themselves with too many interviews and realized now they couldn't handle that many on the same day?

Anyway, yeah I think we'll just go to the cancelled one. If they'll sent us back home, oh well... I'm not taking any chances anymore!

Maybe LA office is getting new flooring that week and the re-modelers changed the week they had planned to come so they had to shift all the appointments. Will be interesting to hear what you find out when you show up. Come back and update this thread.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Still no new appointment for us. :(

The worst thing is, I just can't tell my parents that our interview was cancelled...

I talked to my mom earlier today and she was so excited that the interview is coming up soon...

I just couldn't tell her. :(

Oh well, since we're planning to attend the original interview date anyway, hopefully something good will

happen that day. Either they'll see us or at least give us a new date.

This sucks!! :(

Timeline

Got a letter in the mail today with a new interview appointment, which is now April 12!!!!! :)

So happy!!!!!!!

BUT... I'm still going back and forth if we should go to our original / cancelled interview or not...

Anyone have any suggestions?

Timeline

My original advice stands. Go to the original appointment. Chances are they'll just tell you to come back on the 12th, and that's ok. Get them to stamp your original appointment letter, or something, so you have some concrete evidence that you didn't miss that appointment, in case something bizarre happens and they make an issue of it later. 99% odds you'll be fine either way, but it's so easy to protect yourself against the 1%, and so painful if you don't.

And this way you don't have to fib to your parents about your interview. You can just say the truth: "We went, but they were busy and had to reschedule." :)

Edited by HeatDeath

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I am also in the same situation my interview is tomorrow my lawyer said they called her and faxed her some prove.but am confused now.wether I shuld go or not.

FILED UNDER THREE YEARS RULE (319A)

MAILED N400 - APRIL 17 2015

CHECK CASHED - APRIL 28 2015

RECEIVED NOA IN THE MAIL - MAY-01-2015 (PRIORITY DATE APRIL-23-2015) WHAT THE HECK THAT IS

NOA FOR BIOMETRICS RECEIVED MAY-15-2015 - APPOINTMENT MAY-29-2015 ( EARLY BIOMETRICS MAY-19-2015)

TESTING AND INTERVIEW - MAY-21-2015

INTERVIEW DATE- 07-24-2015 :goofy:

OATH CEREMONY MAILED ON- 08-03-2015 :goofy: :idea: :goofy: :idea: :idea:

OATH CEREMONY- 08-18-2015

I-130 JOURNEY FOR MOM

I-130 MAILED- MARCH-4-2016

I-130 NOA RECEIVED -MARCH 19-2016

I-130 APPROVED- APRIL-26-2016(WOW THAT WAS REALLY QUICK ANYWAY THANKS USCIS TEXAS) (L)

I-130 NOA2 RECEIVED IN MAIL-APRIL30-2016

I-130 SENT TO DEPARTMENT OF STATE - APRIL-29-2016

I-130 RECEIVED NVC-MAY-6-2016

l-130 CASE ASSIGNED- MAY 23-2016

I-130 PAYED AOS FEE- JUNE 1-2016 ($120)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.