John+Lourdelie

Called USCIS today

5 posts in this topic

Called USCIS today, even though I am under 5 months.

Got the regular run around with the Tier 1 operator. I asked why petitions that where just recently filed were being approved. She stated that it was because some petitions are easier than other. I asked how did they know that mine was not going to be easy and she didn't have an answer. Told me that a service request could not be requested since I was under 5 months. I requested a Tier 2 ISO. On hold for about 20 minutes.

Talked to the Tier 2 ISO. She requested my name, address, DOB and receipt number. I again asked why petitions that where just recently filed were being approved. She maybe they were military expedites or from TSC. I told her no. They are just regular I-129F petitions just like mine. She then told me that petitions are not processed in the order that they are received. Adjudicators just grab petitions and process them. There is not anything that tells them that they need to be processed on a first-in first-out methodology.

At first she told me that she could not put in a service request since I was under the 5 month mark by 14 days. I told here that I was only under by 5 days since my receipt date is October 5 2010. She didn't have an answer for that. I pressed on further and she eventually told me that she could override the part about me being under and would submit a request. She told me that if I had not heard anything in 14 days I can call back. I'm not waiting that long. My 5 months is up in 5 days so I'll be calling back then.

I don't know if it will do any good but I had to try anyway. I am getting pretty peeved about nothing happening and would like to see some progress.

On another note. When I called USCIS I did not press any keys on my phone so I could talk directly to an operator. It is very interesting because not pressing phone keys assumes that you have a rotary phone and the Tier 1 operator you get speaks Spanish. Do they just assume that if you are calling from a rotary phone that you speak Spanish? The same happened when I was transferred to the Tier 2 ISO. Anyway, they also speak English so you just have to say 'English please' and they change language on the fly.

John

Those service requests are a complete joke, i think i have put in over 50 of them by now. In fact, I put in so many I got a letter from the government (which was all misspelled ) Telling me to stop putting them in.

How nice of them, The USCIS call center is a joke they just talk over you and provide no help at all. I don't see what the point is of even having a call center that can't help anyone.

I applied for the I-130 July of 2009 ....

I went the route of contacting my congressman office , which hasn't done any good. I got a lawyer as well that doesn't seem to help

I really don't know what it takes to have uscis give petitioners due process within the time frames they give.

My next step is probably a lawsuit , i just hate to have to file something like that and have them get pissed and just deny me. But I also don't plan to put my life on hold for the next 4 , 5, 6, 10 years, who knows waiting

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

I called USCIS last friday too! They told me the same thing. Since I have not reached the 5 months mark, they told me to wait. WHAT?!?!?!?! My case is being processed, okay about that...so why people that have just sent their petition (January 2011 & February 2011 Fillers) have received their approvals? Makes no sense. Insane!

K1 Journey - Vermont Serv. Center
I-29F sent: Nov-12-2010
I-29F NOA1: Nov-17-2010
RFE: Apr-19-2011
*I-29F NOA2: May-23-2011 - Thank you Lord!
Package Left from NVC: Jun-1-2011
Interview Date: Aug-5-2011
K1 Visa Received: Aug-10-2011
US Entry: Aug-12-2011
*Wedding Date: Aug-21-2011!!!

AOS & EAD
Applied for SSN: Aug-30-2011
*SSN received: Sep-09-2011
AOS and EAD process sent (USPS): Sep-26-2011
NOA1 sms notice: Oct-14-2011
Got check back of $380 for EAD: Oct-20-2011
$1070 cashed check: Oct-21-2011
NOA1 hardcopies for I-485 & I-765: Oct-21-2011
Biometrics: Dec-15-2011
*EAD received: Jan-6-2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does their process involve doing a criminal background check? I wonder if a name is common, like John smith, that perhaps they consider it more difficult to research a background, whereas if someone has a kind of unique name then it is considered "easier"? My name is unique in the US and my i-129f was approved in 16 days. I'm as clueless as anyone about why it was approved so quickly. No complaints from me, but it does seem unfair and without any transparency.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.