James & Julie

CR-1 Visa to IR-1 at point of Entry

8 posts in this topic

My wife was issued a CR-1 visa on September 14, 2010, we were told that if she waits until our 2 year anniversary ( after October 23, 2010 ) that she will be changed to IR-1 ( Permanent Resident ) as she enters USA. Is this true and if so, is there papers we need to prepare or any fees she has to pay, I don't believe she was fingerprinted at Embassy interview because she needed me to email her my Property assessments for Affidavit of Support. Can anyone think of anything i do not have covered, any fees, papers, anything is helpful as we have had so many mistakes and setbacks so far, been 2 years time line for USA visa, I should have used a lawyer !!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

at the POE, no, is not any fees for 'this upgrade'

however

is not automatic

and

SHE needs to talk with the Immigration Staffer, prior to 'getting passport stamped'.

She'll need to show the marriage certificate , show the Immigration Goon The Date

and then

say, "It's more than 2 years, I qualify for IR-1 designation - please use IR-1 stamp, and note in the computer the IR-1 designation"

This takes a bit of time, be prepared for it. She has ONE shot to 'get it done'.

---------

here's a prior topic, same question -

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/275963-cr1-visa-holder/

have a read, soonish?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

however

is not automatic

and

SHE needs to talk with the Immigration Staffer, prior to 'getting passport stamped'.

She'll need to show the marriage certificate , show the Immigration Goon The Date

and then

say, "It's more than 2 years, I qualify for IR-1 designation - please use IR-1 stamp, and note in the computer the IR-1 designation"

This takes a bit of time, be prepared for it. She has ONE shot to 'get it done'.

Thanx, we were approver 6 weeks before 2 year anniversary and it's better to just wait 6 more weeks and she is Permanent Resident, besides, i always have her pay her bills in Baguio City 1 month in advance so her rent and bills are finished, I always try to plan ahead, I wish I knew of this website 2 years ago, I just found it 2 days ago !!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, have a read -> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/275963-cr1-visa-holder/

and 'be certain' about 'the location' of that marriage certificate, after reading that link.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

My wife was issued a CR-1 visa on September 14, 2010, we were told that if she waits until our 2 year anniversary ( after October 23, 2010 ) that she will be changed to IR-1 ( Permanent Resident ) as she enters USA. Is this true and if so, is there papers we need to prepare or any fees she has to pay, I don't believe she was fingerprinted at Embassy interview because she needed me to email her my Property assessments for Affidavit of Support. Can anyone think of anything i do not have covered, any fees, papers, anything is helpful as we have had so many mistakes and setbacks so far, been 2 years time line for USA visa, I should have used a lawyer !!!

ya.. this site is very helpful. We applied for K3 but i was approved for CR1 we been married for 7 months when i got my visa. I dont understand why the Co didn't explain your wife if she wants CR1 instead of IR-1 since the 2year anniversary are almost done. you dont need to fee anything just present you marriage certificate and cenomar as proof. she needs finger scanning im sure.

Met my husband 2007
Officially Girlfriend and Boyfriend March 2008
Engaged/Asked permission to my family June 2008
Marriage October 2009
File I130 November 2009
File I129F November 2009

December 15,2009 CFO ( Commission on Filipinos Overseas)

Feb. 6, 2010 change passport to married name
I129F Approved February 18, 2010
I130 Approved March 9, 2010
Medical March 30 & 31, 2010 passed
Choice of Agent April 1, 2010
Interview April 12, 2010 AP reason NBI
IV FEE April 19, 2010 $400
NBI Interview May 14, 2010 written explanation
June 15, 2010 DS-230, finger scanning and swearing-in for CR1
June 17, 2010 Petition upgrade from K3 to CR1 Approved Thank you Lord
June 19, 2010 13:54 Saturday Visa in hand
July 10, 2010 Port of Entry Detroit.
July 19, 2010 Letter from POE filled out for
September 14, 2010 1st Welcome Letter from USCIS
September 17, 2010 2nd Welcome Letter from USCIS
September 20, 2010 Green Card yeheyyyy
December 22, 2010 Social Security Card
March 3, 2011 State ID
April 30, 2012 File Removal of Condition
May 5, 2012 Received and encash check
May 7, 2012 NO1 and 1 year Ext. while waiting for the approval of 10 year GC
June 4, 2012 Biometric Appointment
Jan. 31, 2013 Received Notice of RFE
Feb. 7, 2013 Sent RFE
Feb. 13, 2013 Vermont Service Received RFE
Mar. 22, 2013 RFE approved ordered reproduction of New Card
Mar. 28, 2013 Received New Card

Aug. 8, 2015 File N-400

Sept. 9, 2015 Biometric Appointment

Feb. 1, 2016 Interview

Feb. 18, 2016 Oath taking ( American Citizen Done).

ya.. this site is very helpful. We applied for K3 but i was approved for CR1 we been married for 7 months when i got my visa. I dont understand why the Co didn't explain your wife if she wants CR1 instead of IR-1 since the 2year anniversary are almost done. you dont need to fee anything just present you marriage certificate and cenomar as proof. she needs finger scanning im sure.

Thank You, I created this for my wife to print and attach a certified marriage contract to it, then keep with her passport to show immigration, file is attachment

Thank You, I created this for my wife to print and attach a certified marriage contract to it, then keep with her passport to show immigration, file is attachment

post-92826-021950700 1286307364_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

however

is not automatic

and

and then

---------

here's a prior topic, same question -

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/275963-cr1-visa-holder/

have a read, soonish?

Hi, all. now my question is? is this for couple who physically lived together for two years or can this also be possible for a couple who lived separately, like for example one spouse who is the US Citizen living in the US and one living abroad who is immigrating here with CR-1 visa?

Hi, all. now my question is? is this for couple who physically lived together for two years or can this also be possible for a couple who lived separately, like for example one spouse who is the US Citizen living in the US and one living abroad who is immigrating here with CR-1 visa?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.