Lorrainhans

CR1 visa holder

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi!

I am not clear about this matter exactly in USCIS website.

My wife finally got CR1 visa recently after long, hard process. She is trying to get a ticket to America now.

We got married on October 30, 2008 in Asia.

If she enters U.S.airport on November 1st, will she get permanent resident status or still conditional resident?

I need accurate help from anyone who has simmilar experience.

Thanks for all you.

Sincerely,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
I am not clear about this matter exactly in USCIS website.

My wife finally got CR1 visa recently after long, hard process. She is trying to get a ticket to America now.

We got married on October 30, 2008 in Asia.

If she enters U.S.airport on November 1st, will she get permanent resident status or still conditional resident?

I need accurate help from anyone who has simmilar experience.

You should get a 10 year as you entered 2 years after marriage.. but someone in the CR1 section should know for sure

**moved from AOS (Family) to CR1/IR1 as this is a CR1 question**

**editted for typo

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

She will get the ten year greencard if she enters after your 2nd anniversary. However, she should point this out to the officer at the border, as they may not realise it.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Whilst her Visa Stamp probably references the CR-1 visa -

she will qualify , based on entry date, for the IR-1 designation -

but

SHE must talk with immigration person AT the Port of Entry - She must TELL HIM/HER to make sure it's the IR-1 designation.

Expect a wait whilst doing this, that Immigration Human may or may not need to check with a big boss.

DO NOT EXPECT anything automatic - yer spouse must 'say something' , initiate 'that conversation'.

Good Luck !

IMO, it's better to wait a bit at Immigration inside of POE, get this sorted before leaving, instead of chasing USCIS for 3 months after being processed at POE.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Also, produce the marriage certificate at POE.

Loto

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Timeline

Also, produce the marriage certificate at POE.

Loto

or remind the big boss to open the sealed envelope, as it's IN THERE.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Your spouse entitles for 10 years GC. If by any chance they give her a two years conditional GC, make sure you fight ur case to get a replacement.

My husband had been in a similar situation. He entered the United States after completion of two years of marriage on a CR-1 visa. But we made the mistake of not mentioning it at the POE and ended up with a two years conditional GC. Due to our circumstances we didn't move to USA permanently so were not really bothered to replace it.

However, we got a letter from USCIS just after conditional GC expirty date. The letter stated that he (my husband) was issued a conditional GC by mistake and he should apply to have is GC replaced with a permanent one. Therefore, I stress that you make that you get a 10 yrs GC. USCIS make mistakes, and they make mistakes every too often. I have found them to be most unprofessional and rude govt. service in my life.

Timeline

birdy - yup ! IMO, it's worth the extra time at the POE, to have an eyeball review of the marriage certificate, to initiate that conversation with the big boss at the POE. Who cares if it takes 2 or 3 extra hours? Who cares if yer already stressed out from the travel? Who cares that yer mind is numb from standing in line, waiting to get processed?

It really is on the head of the intending immigrant, to 'make it happen', at the POE. The truly sad part, is that most CBP staffers are not trained to pick up on dates, visually, without first being PRODDED with conversation about it.

Lorrainhans - are you reading any of this? Yer topic was moved - I hope you haven't lost the reference to it !

Timeline

See if they will stamp the 10 year I-551 in your passport at the POE.

Dakine - to the best of my knowledge (and I might be wrong)

there is no '10 year stamp'

There IS an IR-1 stamp, though.

The I-551 stamp is only good for a year, regardless of CR-1 or IR-1 designation, though.

Timeline

The I-551 stamp is only good for a year, regardless of CR-1 or IR-1 designation, though.

That's correct. I-551 is valid upto a year. It just act as 'temporary green card' until the actual plastic card arrives.

Loto

NVC

Consulate

Main thing is the OP informs the IOs they are IR-1 so they'll get the 10 year GC in the mail. I've seen MANY screw ups where IR's were sent the 2 year card because they didn't "make a few waves" and inform IO's at the POE of their status.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Your spouse entitles for 10 years GC. If by any chance they give her a two years conditional GC, make sure you fight ur case to get a replacement.

My husband had been in a similar situation. He entered the United States after completion of two years of marriage on a CR-1 visa. But we made the mistake of not mentioning it at the POE and ended up with a two years conditional GC. Due to our circumstances we didn't move to USA permanently so were not really bothered to replace it.

However, we got a letter from USCIS just after conditional GC expirty date. The letter stated that he (my husband) was issued a conditional GC by mistake and he should apply to have is GC replaced with a permanent one. Therefore, I stress that you make that you get a 10 yrs GC. USCIS make mistakes, and they make mistakes every too often. I have found them to be most unprofessional and rude govt. service in my life.

My port of entry was after 2 years of my marriage ceremony . i mean i came USA after 2 years and some months of my marriage and after me being here i received my Green Card and it was valid for 2 years , i was nervous at the airport because my flight was going to be missed.anyhow i sent my Green card back to USCIS so they can correct their mistake and send me 10 years Green card i filled i-90 for replacement of green card and sent it along with errored green card. its been nearly 3 months since i sent them green card and have not got it back yet. plus after 15 days of me sending green card back i received a letter from usics saying that they have received the green card and they says no fee for replacement $ 0.0 charges .

can anybody tell me how long does it takes for green card to come in the mail after u sent it back to uscis.

NATURALIZATION Timelines.
09-23-2013 N-400 Sent
09-25-2013 N-400 Delivered
09-26-2013 Priority Date
10-1-2013 Acceptance Email/Text
10-1-2013 Check Cashed
10-04-2013 Received Receipt
10-7-2013 Finger Print Letter received
10-28-2013 Finger Print Date
10-29-2013 Status Changed to Inline for interview
11-06-2013 Interview scheduled
11-09-2013 Interview Letter Received
11-25-2013 Yellow Letter to bring Drivers License,
12-12-13. Interview Date /// Approved
12-16-2013 In-line for oath Scheduling
4-16-2014 Text/Email that Scheduled For oath ceremony
4-19-2014 Received Oath Letter
5-16-2014 , Oath Ceremony, I am a New Citizen. Thanks Allah.
Notice to everyone reading my Naturalization Timeline
That it took me 5 months to have oath after the interview is only because i requested for a name change,
this is what delayed my case by months

4th Sep 2009 Interview ISL Embassy
Administrative Processing Starts
28 April 2010 AP completed just out of blue.
30 April 2010 Visa received

21 Months Total from start to VISA received

8 Months in AP TOTAL 239 Days

Timeline

My port of entry was after 2 years of my marriage ceremony . i mean i came USA after 2 years and some months of my marriage and after me being here i received my Green Card and it was valid for 2 years , i was nervous at the airport because my flight was going to be missed.anyhow i sent my Green card back to USCIS so they can correct their mistake and send me 10 years Green card i filled i-90 for replacement of green card and sent it along with errored green card. its been nearly 3 months since i sent them green card and have not got it back yet. plus after 15 days of me sending green card back i received a letter from usics saying that they have received the green card and they says no fee for replacement $ 0.0 charges .

can anybody tell me how long does it takes for green card to come in the mail after u sent it back to uscis.

When you received the letter from the USCIS, does it say any Receipt#? If yes, you can track it online at their website.

Loto

NVC

Consulate

Timeline

Main thing is the OP informs the IOs they are IR-1 so they'll get the 10 year GC in the mail. I've seen MANY screw ups where IR's were sent the 2 year card because they didn't "make a few waves" and inform IO's at the POE of their status.

I KNOW ! I mentioned it, earlier, also. Posts #4 and #8.

Edited by Darnell

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.